Advice Needed

I thought to place this topic here to get some ideas from you guys.

Please be serious and respond in a proffesional manner. I dont need any

"you should have known better" comments please.

So here's the story.

Run Factory here since 3 Years. Last 12 month have been tuff and tuffer.

Exports slowed down and money went tight. I did believe that first of all

i need to pay salary of Operators and then suppliers and last the Rent for the

building. I was wishing to built and it did look good for a while but then the down

turn began.

So this month i payed of Operators like usual but fell behind with the rent for now

the 3rd month in a row. So now the Landlord is not allow me to use the building and

my workers are standing in front of a closed door. He said he would open again if

i paid of the rent in full. This even after he still keep 3 month of rent deposit!

I did ask him for a discount but he is not willing to negotiate. Since the original

rental countract was already over in 2008 and a new one has never been established,

I would like to move my machines now to a smaller..cheaper place. But then...the doors are locked.

I canceled already the rental agreements (even there is no contract and also no line in the old one

that i would have to notify in for example 3 month or so) for the 1st of Mai.

I think best thing would be to consult a Lawyer but money is tight and salary is comming up

again very fast. (Even workers not working now)

I really appreciate any constructive advice.

Thanks a lot.

The best thing to do would be to pay your rent on time. I do the same to my tenants if they fall too far behind, and especially if they avoid phone calls, rent collections, etc.

3 months rental deposit isn't just for you not paying the rent, it's for whatever cleanup, repairs, etc. might be necessary on the building before one leases it out to the next tenant.

:o

Edited by Heng

its weird that you can be savvy enough to run a factory but not understand the purpose of a 3 mo. deposit.

anyways, sounds like you are going to go broke shortly. i would suggest trying to find a partner/buyer who can provide capital so that perhaps you can salvage something out of it, be it product or capital.

Edited by TonySoprano

btw, my current condo rental is same contract situation. after the first 12 months i am allowed to leave anytime i want once i give a months notice. at which point i get back a 3 month deposit.

your 3 month deposit has now gone towards 3 mo. rent plus, since you have not given notice yet, you owe the next month rent. i imagine that his plan is to hold your stuff until you can make final payment, plus any other deductions he has to pay as Heng mentioned.

im not sure what you expect a lawyer can do for you.

btw, my current condo rental is same contract situation. after the first 12 months i am allowed to leave anytime i want once i give a months notice. at which point i get back a 3 month deposit.

your 3 month deposit has now gone towards 3 mo. rent plus, since you have not given notice yet, you owe the next month rent. i imagine that his plan is to hold your stuff until you can make final payment, plus any other deductions he has to pay as Heng mentioned.

im not sure what you expect a lawyer can do for you.

The factory has orders. It is not that no money is comming in. But these orders need to be worked of and downpayments are

used to buy rawmaterials. I solved the problem already.

I pay him off and move to a cheaper place. Hard times take hard measurements.

Thanks for your comments. Yes I should have known better....not to place this topic here. ;-)

Yes I should have known better....not to place this topic here. ;-)

Yes you are right, there are a lot of bitter, judgemental, jealous, anally retentive old f*rts on TV, who like nothing better when a farang who has set himself up in Thailand appears to be doing well and then runs upon harder times....they seem to get off on it...

My answer to you....f*kc the w*nkers on TV who are like this and get on with what you have to do and the best of luck...

Yes I should have known better....not to place this topic here. ;-)

Yes you are right, there are a lot of bitter, judgemental, jealous, anally retentive old f*rts on TV, who like nothing better when a farang who has set himself up in Thailand appears to be doing well and then runs upon harder times....they seem to get off on it...

My answer to you....f*kc the w*nkers on TV who are like this and get on with what you have to do and the best of luck...

Yes it seems so. I have to agree with you. But guess what. Dead said ppl live longer.

Just now i did get an offer from a real big company to join them. A joint venture with shares

of the big company and monthly salary which is enough for a real good living in Thailand.

Im used to work hard and it looks like it will pay off now.

Thx for the good luck my friend. And I like to shout out a note for all guys who reach a similar

situation as me which is feeling like Don Quichotte fighting the windmills. Not give up !!

It can change over night and everything is in a new light again. New possibilities are just

around the corner. Good luck to all of you.