My Thai Wife Wants A Divorce

gbt71fa

Sorry it didn't work out for you. But I would say that if you like Thailand, don't stay away because of this failed marriage. It won't be any different anywhere else on the planet. You try to make a good choice and go for it. It works or it doesn't. Good luck to you and her also if she isn't trying to play you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Now my wife does not want a divorce. she said that she felt I was ignoring her and that I must have found a girl over here. Not likely I told her. She just wants more attention, emails and phone calls and wants to talk on yahoo messenger. I guess she just overreacted. She says she is sorry for acting crazy but is my fault because I don't talk or email enough. I have never been one for small talk on the phone so I guess I have to work on that. Thanks for all your advice and we both will be back in Thailand in September.

By the sound of it she is well shot of you ,,,,,,,reading your post indicates to me and anyone else reading it with more than 2 brain cells you are married to your work not your wife,,,,,,,,,IF you loved her , which by the casual way you are happy to let her go you obviously dont , then you would jack that poxy job in ad live well within your means with work at home. You ask no help here about saving your marriage ,, just how quickly you can get divorced.. Good luck to your missus ,, sorry no sympathy from me.

Wow, that is rather harsh! People live in different ways, and just because that doesn't fit your notion of what life is like, that does not mean love doesn't exist.

I was married and spent long periods of time deployed in the military, to include a tour in Iraq, and I hardly think that meant I did not love my wife.

A rather stupid reply ( you was a soldier in Iraq ) well done for that ,, BUT you had NO choice about it ,,,,,,,,,,he is working there by choice ,,,,,,, he obviously thinks more of the money he can earn there than his wife , which he is apparently happy to let go so easily

You, sir, are a complete idiot. THIS is my job, to support the military and make their life a little eaier and to improve the lives of the Iraqi people. I believe you are what is most commonly known on this forum as a "troll"? Considering the job market in most of the world it would be rather stupid and selfish of me to quit this one and hope I find one in the states. I'm sorry my income is six times the size of yours and you feel you have to belittle me for it. But I am making a difference in my job, trying to improve the lot of the soldier and average Iraqi citizen that is caught up in this mess. I would not sympathy from you, the only thing I require from you is go bugger yourself. You are pathetic. Everybody else, thanks.

Why did you leave her alone her in the US, away from family and Thai speaking friends?

How do you know that? Did I miss something? I dont remember the OP saying that she had no Thai speaking friends in US.

Yes, there were friends she could talk to but were a ways away by car. We had two asian markets with Thai food that she can go to. Anyway, we both overreacted and she was afraid that I didn't like her anymore. Some of you have great info like this guy here but others are complete bitter <deleted>.

UPDATE: Now my wife does not want a divorce. she said that she felt I was ignoring her and that I must have found a girl over here. Not likely I told her. She just wants more attention, emails and phone calls and wants to talk on yahoo messenger. I guess she just overreacted. She says she is sorry for acting crazy but is my fault because I don't talk or email enough. I have never been one for small talk on the phone so I guess I have to work on that. Thanks for all your advice and we both will be back in Thailand in September.

That's great news i'm happy for you.

I'm currently in the UK & make some small talk to my misses everyday we talk for an average of 40 minutes a day though we do have business to disuse, i'm not sure if access to long use of the phone in the army is an issue as i would think you would get free use per day but if its of interest to you there's a great VoIP service which for an initial small fee you can call American mobile's & landlines for free with 300 free minutes per week then only 1 Euro cents per minute after that,also she could use the same service to chat for long calls to her family in Thailand & yes you both can use the same account.

The link is attached if you want to take a look, & keep up with that small talk mate she obviously loves you & misses you so keep in touch daily if you can.

Voipdiscount

By the sound of it she is well shot of you ,,,,,,,reading your post indicates to me and anyone else reading it with more than 2 brain cells you are married to your work not your wife,,,,,,,,,IF you loved her , which by the casual way you are happy to let her go you obviously dont , then you would jack that poxy job in ad live well within your means with work at home. You ask no help here about saving your marriage ,, just how quickly you can get divorced.. Good luck to your missus ,, sorry no sympathy from me.

Wow, that is rather harsh! People live in different ways, and just because that doesn't fit your notion of what life is like, that does not mean love doesn't exist.

I was married and spent long periods of time deployed in the military, to include a tour in Iraq, and I hardly think that meant I did not love my wife.

A rather stupid reply ( you was a soldier in Iraq ) well done for that ,, BUT you had NO choice about it ,,,,,,,,,,he is working there by choice ,,,,,,, he obviously thinks more of the money he can earn there than his wife , which he is apparently happy to let go so easily

Atleast you have a fitting avatar. :o

I love happy endings. You two take good care of each other and have a nice stay in Thailand. :o

Dont mean to be harsh but leaving your wife alone for many many months at a time is bound to lead to problems no?

Not necessarily

I am working offshore and get home twice a year.

I was doing the same thing when I first met her 15 years ago.

She knew what I did then and understands that is the way some people work.

I know of many people, Farangs, Thais, Filippinos who do the same and have done for many years.

Most of us are lucky but some sadly are not.

Besides which the divorce rate in western countries is high even when there is no family separation.

Usually, the situations I hear about like this have the Thai wife living in Thailand while the Farang is away working. Then she gets the "best" of both worlds. She gets money and income and probably a decent place to live, yet in familiar surroundings. However, I do know many that went to live abroad and just couldn't assimilate into the life there. Usually not a neighborhood she was used to or could walk around, such as in a small town like Pattaya or others. Can't drive, few friends etc.

I just urge caution on exiting this. It still sounds a bit off that she would give up room and board and money. Not unheard of, but a bit rarer, especially without some money or assets being involved. In general, get her out of your country ASAP and home. Don't want her filing for divorce or claiming abuse or whatever while in your house. Many times the police or other agencies come and you are out on the street while they "investigate".

Best wishes.

I'm currently in the UK & make some small talk to my misses everyday we talk for an average of 40 minutes a day though we do have business to disuse, i'm not sure if access to long use of the phone in the army is an issue as i would think you would get free use per day but if its of interest to you there's a great VoIP service which for an initial small fee you can call American mobile's & landlines for free with 300 free minutes per week then only 1 Euro cents per minute after that,also she could use the same service to chat for long calls to her family in Thailand & yes you both can use the same account.

The link is attached if you want to take a look, & keep up with that small talk mate she obviously loves you & misses you so keep in touch daily if you can.

I just found that we have something similar to that here on the base called SpaWare for the phone. For $25 you get 10hrs. Also, I asked her to download skype and I think we can talk for free, yes? Thanks for your advice. I promised that I would try to talk to her at least every other day.

Voipdiscount

[

Usually, the situations I hear about like this have the Thai wife living in Thailand while the Farang is away working. Then she gets the "best" of both worlds. She gets money and income and probably a decent place to live, yet in familiar surroundings. However, I do know many that went to live abroad and just couldn't assimilate into the life there. Usually not a neighborhood she was used to or could walk around, such as in a small town like Pattaya or others. Can't drive, few friends etc.

I just urge caution on exiting this. It still sounds a bit off that she would give up room and board and money. Not unheard of, but a bit rarer, especially without some money or assets being involved. In general, get her out of your country ASAP and home. Don't want her filing for divorce or claiming abuse or whatever while in your house. Many times the police or other agencies come and you are out on the street while they "investigate".

Best wishes.

Well, I told her and she agrees that she does need to visit home more and it is my fault that I didn't think of that first. I think she needs to visit home at least twice a year besides when she is there with me.

I just found that we have something similar to that here on the base called SpaWare for the phone. For $25 you get 10hrs. Also, I asked her to download skype and I think we can talk for free, yes? Thanks for your advice. I promised that I would try to talk to her at least every other day.

Voipdiscount

just found that we have something similar to that here on the base called SpaWare for the phone. For $25 you get 10hrs. Also, I asked her to download skype and I think we can talk for free, yes? Thanks for your advice. I promised that I would try to talk to her at least every other day.

I just found out by email last night that my wife wants a divorce. I work in Iraq while my wife, she is Thai, is living with my father in the U.S., she was working on her permanent resident card. She thinks that I am cheating on her but I think she is using that excuse because she wants to go home or is tired of me. Oh well not much I can do from The Sandbox. I tried to convince her by phone and email but to no avail and she knows that I can't leave work now.

My question is this: we were legally married in Thailand, paperwork and all, and so can I use a thai lawyer to draw up divorce papers? Any ideas on that from anyone? I am flying her back to Thailand next week so I would like to get this ball rolling. Any ideas about where I should look for such a lawyer. Any advice is welcomed.

We were going to buy land and start building a house in September but that idea seems to have been shot down. I even wanted to own a small business there in the future one day. I will probably have to stay away from Thailand for awhile, which is a shame. Oh well, to be a bachelor again. Don't know what I would do there just being by myself.

Again, I will take serioisly any good advice and only half-seriously bad advice. Thanks

Contact The US Immigration and let them know so you can block her getting the residency card in USA......

Contact The US Immigration and let them know so you can block her getting the residency card in USA...

AsiaMB, Have you actually bothered to read the last few posts??

When a topic goes on for a while, I know that sometimes it is difficult to remember every post, but what have you done? read the first post and replied?

If you are interested in a thread, then why not read it? If not then give it a miss and give replying a miss as well.

She's just realised the other guy she met online was a 16 year old loser with no money. :o

She'll wait a little longer untill she meets "her prince" :D

Why did you leave her alone her in the US, away from family and Thai speaking friends?

How do you know that? Did I miss something? I dont remember the OP saying that she had no Thai speaking friends in US.

who cares it doesnt matter, the question was about divorce.... FOCUS!!!!!!

who cares it doesnt matter, the question was about divorce.... FOCUS!!!!!!

You're telling people to focus, when you are not even aware that the OP has already stated that they are NOT getting divorced and are trying to work it out?

I think that you need to try to FOCUS!!!!

Voipdiscount

I'm not a big fan of skype but yes you can talk unlimited computer to computer with skype you both need to open a skype account for free.

Skype do have packages for computer to Mobile etc but they have no good rate's for Thailand i'm not sure about the US also you can message on skype even if your off line she can message you similar to MSN Yahoo & you see the message as you log on so its best you have a combination of them all realy & remember there still very useful to keep in touch with family in the US when your together in Thailand.

A tip with Voip is for 5 euro cents connection fee you can use the phone to phone system which basically rings your mobile you answer & wait for it to automatically dial your wife for free this way it lets you leave the computer for a more private conversation.

If you need any help with this you can PM me

All the best Shaun