Another Ssr Run Folks, Planning Stage

Bard

Another run?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, you can borrow my mountain bike to get around

What the bhp on that baby then..?

1 hP (human power) you'd love to ride around in heat and possible rain with it, it's used once only. As soon as I figured out how much it sucked to sweat tramping on those pedals I dropped it my shack where it is. So you want it, you can try to get your knee down and stuff =)

Just like when we tried to get the knee down in Chiang Mai on that tuktuk

My insurance from Yamaha covers it, from what I can gather of information the insurance covers, I will research more, but there is no place saying not cover outside Thailand anywhere.

GT-Rider site has all the immigration forms for download on the site for 9.95$ so you can fill in before you go to save time, I have all the maps from David including the new one for Laos, also now got the GPS maps for Cambo and Laos, before we go we can upload to everyone who has a Garmin as it is "licensed" for the whole group.

Cheers Bard

My insurance from Yamaha covers it, from what I can gather of information the insurance covers, I will research more, but there is no place saying not cover outside Thailand anywhere.

GT-Rider site has all the immigration forms for download on the site for 9.95$ so you can fill in before you go to save time, I have all the maps from David including the new one for Laos, also now got the GPS maps for Cambo and Laos, before we go we can upload to everyone who has a Garmin as it is "licensed" for the whole group.

Cheers Bard

Yamaha told me the bikes wont be covered outside Thailand. But im sure there is ways around that :o

Here's the list from what I know of participants;

Tony

Trent

Bard

AnthonyR1

Sned

Travelmate

Ithailan

Think I managed to PM all of you, if not let me know. Maybe Zzinged will join to the border and go back for Sunday school?

Also anyone else who want to join is more than welcome supposed to be 8 so I missed out 1 who? Since Trent voted SSR No Way but just did it to be a cun_t and will be with us.

Coolfusion will freeze in Ireland this time around unfortunately, but hopefully next blast he'll be there.

That's fair enough Travelmate I will be surprised if it doesn't cover, but better to check to make sure.

Let me check for a group travel insurance in case there is no cover...

Edited by Bard

Of course you will join Travelmate said so :o Can remove you but I hope you change your mind...

So what is the alternative if the insurance don't cover guys? Blast to North and do loops???

Bard

What about paperwork for the bike? Does insurance cover outside of Thailand?

Book in your name or letter from the owner in the book giving permission of not yours.

No Thai insurance stops at the border.

Thai insurance stops at the border.

Scrub me off the list as well Bard.

Sorry.

Here is the insurance info I just got

Bard

I understand you will be able to obtain insurance when you arrive at the border. May we suggest you talk to the Cambodian Embassy ?

Thank you and our sincere best wishes for your continued happiness and good health, Thaivisa/AA Insurance

Peter

Anyway Let's start from the beginning where in Thailand should we tour? Go up North? Think Trent want to meet up with his GIG in Mae Hong Son. Ideas folks ideas would be cool...

I cant say for cambo.. But at the Malay border @ Sadao (which is a much bigger setup and much more first world) you can buy insurance but its legal minimum compulsory stuff.. I dont know if its also possible to get fully comp / class 1 style insurance but I couldnt see it.

I have a hard time imagining the Cambo borders being set up for this kind of insurance on upper value big bikes.