Thai Airways Launch Global Fare Sale From $449

Samuian

Thai Airways launch global fare sale from $449

Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Thai Airways International is celebrating its 49th anniversary with a global sale of fares from $449 plus taxes for travel from major Australian cities to worldwide destinations.

The seat sale is in Economy Class and Royal Silk Business Class for travel from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth to Thailand.

The fare is also applicable to other destinations in the Thai Airways network such as Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Pakistan, Nepal, the Middle East and destinations in Europe.

Fares to Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Vientiane or Yangon start from $549 plus taxes and fares to India, Pakistan and Nepal start from $740 return plus taxes.

Fares to London, Athens, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Rome, Stockholm or Zurich start from $990 return plus taxes.

Tickets must be booked by 31 May and are for travel between 1 May – 25 June or 24 July – 17 September 2009. The offer is only available through travel agents.

Royal Silk Business Class fares to Thailand start from $2,820 return plus taxes; from $2,980 return to Vietnam, from $3,375 return to India; from $3,990 return to the Middle-East and from $4,949 return to Europe.

Royal Silk Business Class fares are based on a companion offer and a minimum 2 passengers ticketing and travelling together.

For terms and conditions visit www.thaiairways.com.au or call THAI on 1300 651 960

Source:

Edited by Samuian

I wonder if the airline is safe. Moral must be at an all time low with change of board, political intervention and share price at an all time low. Also, bonuses smallest in living memory according to pilots and crew, and for many non-existent.

Airline's financial situation is precarious with the airline having fixed prices for fuel at more than US$100 per barrel for a year. Govt. had to help extend debt for the company.

Recruitment halted. Benefits taken for granted are being stopped, such as cheap passage for family and insurance schemes. Thai is also falling behind on its pay structure going from one of the best paid in the region to the worst.

Most maintenance is done in open air hangers, and this heat can't be good for the workers.

I wonder if the airline is safe. Moral must be at an all time low with change of board, political intervention and share price at an all time low. Also, bonuses smallest in living memory according to pilots and crew, and for many non-existent.

Airline's financial situation is precarious with the airline having fixed prices for fuel at more than US$100 per barrel for a year. Govt. had to help extend debt for the company.

Recruitment halted. Benefits taken for granted are being stopped, such as cheap passage for family and insurance schemes. Thai is also falling behind on its pay structure going from one of the best paid in the region to the worst.

Most maintenance is done in open air hangers, and this heat can't be good for the workers.

THAI Airways MUST be going broke, posting a 30 BILLION Baht Loss.... god how do you have a successful small company in Thailand......... Start out with Thai Airways HAHAHA

Fares to London, Athens, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Rome, Stockholm or Zurich start from $990 return plus taxes.

Not cheap at all.Keep getting e-mails from online UK booking agents offering as low as 405 pounds direct (eva) and one non direct 305 pounds, but don't know who or how available that was as you had to phone them.

If fares are high, everybody complains, if fares go low people start being sarcastic.

Is anyone ever satisfied or are you all professional moaners???

I agree with you, although I don't think the attitude is confined to Thai International. Mention almost any airlines and you're quite certain to get a load full of complaints.

Not cheap at all.Keep getting e-mails from online UK booking agents offering as low as 405 pounds direct (eva) and one non direct 305 pounds, but don't know who or how available that was as you had to phone them.

:o

I work in Greece.

I must leave from ATHENS.

Eva does NOT FLY from or through ATHENS.

By the time I add a round trip Athens-London fare to my travel EVA costs as much as other airlines. (And add a one night stopover in London).

PLease no more low EVA fares.

:D

I just bought a ticket to BKK with Thai airways from Stockholm , only $950.

Thats the best offer I found travelling from Scandinavia. Few weeks ago it would have been $1250.

Edited by balo

This information reinforces my deep dislike of Thai Airways International routes;

1. The offer is only available through travel agents.

Why? Why do I have to go through an agent that will try and sell me all sorts of frills that I do not need and more likely than not screw up the reservation. Why can't I do it online? Why do I have to go to some TG crony to buy my ticket? Is it so hard to control costs and put it online?

2. Royal Silk Business Class fares are based on a companion offer and a minimum 2 passengers ticketing and travelling together.

That's swell. What about those of us that have our spouses/partners/ dogs and what not in Thailand or that are just plain old single??

Hey TG, know what you've done? You've just alienated the type of PAX you should be seeking out, the frequent flyer that still can afford for a premium price ticket. You won't be getting me to budge from my usual tandem of EVA and ANA/AC which are still cheaper on Thailand east coast North American routes.

Where do they find their marketing geniuses? USAir? Garuda?

Yea yea I know they don't care, but golly gee I feel better screaming at the monitor, since I have to travel in June & July and the airfares combined with the FX are causing minor bowel leakage.

Edited by geriatrickid

When will you people learn to read?

Thai Airways International is celebrating its 49th anniversary with a global sale of fares from $449 plus taxes for travel from major Australian cities to worldwide destinations.

Haven't you heard of the country called Australia? If so, why are you comparing prices from European cities? This has NOTHING to do with flights originating in EUROPE. It is ONLY for flights originating from AUSTRALIA!!!!

Edited by GeorgeW

If fares are high, everybody complains, if fares go low people start being sarcastic.

Is anyone ever satisfied or are you all professional moaners???

Personally, I am only moan as a hobby, can't speak for others on here that like to complain about other posters though.

First I have heard of it,can't find any offers yet,but perhaps it will tim e to percolate to site & agents

No cheap airfares through thai I purchased a return ticket from chiangmai to Melbourne on the 24th/04 and it cost me $1,700 AUD last month it cost me $1,250 return so the fares have gone up. When I asked the question why they told me it is the peak season in Australia. What a load of bull it is almost winter in aus

Peak seasons for airlines are typically based on your departure point, not your destination. Now it is the summer season in Thailand. Schools are out and Thais want to escape the summer heat. It doesn't matter that it is approaching winter in Australia.

yup and thai only offer flights for 30/60 days...who wants to go to asia for so short......thats where they are benefiting cos most want to go for longer so purchase the higher fares....no discounts doing that..........it seems now that all fares are short term ones on special.....try getting a fare for 4 months and u pay almost double

Don't know about TG but BA are doing BKK-SYD return for under 25,000Bt in economy taxes and charges included for internet bookings. QF are a bit more expensive.

Booked a Frequent Flyer ticket and the cost in taxes and charges was almost 9,000Bt. Means the cost of the flight to BA is 16,000Bt, or around 1,000Bt an hour.

yup and thai only offer flights for 30/60 days...who wants to go to asia for so short

What planet are you from? That has to be one of the most bizarre posts I've ever seen. The vast majority of people have jobs or other responsibilities and cannot take two month and longer vacations. If you're outside the norm, then you will pay more with Thai or with any airline. They all do the same thing. If you'd ever priced air tickets before for various times/airlines you'd know this.

im in business thats what planet im on, i travel for 4 months each cos i can.....as for the norm.....there are a hel_l of a lot of graduates from many countries travelling for longer than this each year...one of my businesses is a labour company for over seas workers.....you would be surprised how many people travel for over 4 months each year...for example 80% of our labour here just in my region employs over 30,000 ppl for the 5 month labour period......think of all the school leavers, trvellers, and just wanderers that trvel like this each year in many other countries and then u will realise that this is not out of the norm.....

the 30 day trip specials are for people like you who can only vacate for 4 weeks each year maybe less maybe a bit more, i run 3 companies, have a product im producing and i also have 3KIDS...go figure.....i do time management, i get what i wish for ..thats the secret..thanks, ill say no more

THAI's 49th ANNIVERSARY GLOBAL SALE is on now: plan your mid-year escape with the best value travel promotion for 2009 : Book and ticket by 31 May and travel 01 May to 25 June or 24 July to 17 September 2009. Fares from $449* plus taxes.

Damm I wanna go on July the 19th

Edited by waza

Last week I booked Thai.

AKL _ BKK _ AKL, $NZ599.00.

Outbound, 30th Oct, inwards. 6th Jan, 2010.

Better than Emirates, foodwise and comfortwise, they squeeze an extra row of seats down middle of aircraft.

Royal Brunei charging missus, $US550.00 plus taxes for one way, MNL _ AKL.......<deleted>, nigh on $NZ1200.00

Cheapies only available thru' travel agencies.