True Move Make Classic Thai Foot-shot

DavidBrook

Sometimes in this life you can't believe your luck, sometimes you just can't believe your eyes.

On Friday all my emails started bouncing, the quote was that the MTA had a poor reputation [for spamming]. According to what True Move later said, CS Loxinfo backlisted True Move network addresses. So did Hotmail. So did Yahoo. So (unbelievably) did truecorp itself (I have some friends who, like me, are dumb enough to deal with these people).

It took me 3 hours to find anyone that even understood the problem. AN IT help desk and nobody knew what a refused email was. The call centre staff asked me to forward the bounced emails to their truecorp email address so they could have a look at the messages. Unbelievably, these also bounced with the message that the MTA had a poor reputation etc etc...

True corp had blacklisted itself.

Unbelievable, even for Thailand.

Overall investment in getting this sorted out - 6 hours of my time. Result - nil. Nada. Zip. Too hard. And of course, they never, ever allow you anywhere near a manager so you can righteously complain. No sir, no way. Thai-style management.

Anyone got any good ways to find someone in True Move that actually has a ounce of business sense?

D

Edited by DavidBrook

And of course, they never, ever allow you anywhere near a manager so you can righteously complain. No sir, no way. Thai-style management.

Hi there.

Actually, they do - but not over the phone, you have to physically go there. And if they refuse, become loud - THAT works. It's normally not my style, but once i just HAD to do it. Wanted to buy something from Nokia which was hard to get (some sort of pre-paid credits to download stuff from their service, it's been several years ago) and i went from Nokia-shop to Nokia-shop without getting them despite every shop having advertisement posters out front.

I then called head office (from home, Bangna) and was told that they had them available at Nokia in World Trade Center/Pratunam. I had not been there, so naturally i first called there (a mobile number was given by head office) and it was verified - "yes sir, we have them, we reserve for you".

Got in the car (no motorbike at that time!) and reached that place almost three hours later - Friday! And guess what? "Sorry sir, out of stock!"

I was naturally fuming after having wasted so much time and facing the waste of an identical amount of time to get back home without the dam_n things, so i said "but i called here and someone told me you got them!" Answer "No, we no have since many week, nobody tell you".

I pulled out my phone and hit redial - one of the girl's phones rang and she picked it up - it was me. "See, i spoke to her and she told me". Back came said girl "how you get my number, i never talk to you!". Yeah, just HOW would i get her number?

I asked, politely but firm, to speak to the manager. "He busy". Then i literally exploded and yelled her down "get me the f***ing manager NOW!!!" And a minute later i had the manager in front of me, polite and helpful and without a clue what was going on.

And another 25 minutes later i had my credits, delivered by a motorbike messenger, after one single 30-second phone call from said manager to some other place.

Success at last, however sad enough to NEED the manager to solve such problems..... a little honesty would have been sufficient (something like "sorry, i made a mistake and i thought we still had it" and i would have left, angry but without the wish to kill someone) but the blatant lie "i never talk to you" had me boil over. She tried to "save face" - and lost it BIG time.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Anyone got any good ways to find someone in True Move that actually has a ounce of business sense?

Large True building on Ratchada at Rama 9 MRT, and across Ratchada at Fortune Tower are many True offices.

Large True building on Ratchada at Rama 9 MRT, and across Ratchada at Fortune Tower are many True offices.

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate it.

I see a visit to Ratchada in my imminent future, I understand that is their head office (or one of them).

D

True does seem to be a "challenged" company based on my personal experience with them regarding my TrueVisions and TrueMove accounts. I'm dropping my TrueMove cell phone service at the end of the month and looking forward to the day TrueVisions gets some real competition and I can switch from TrueVisions/UBC.

Quote: "Back came said girl "how you get my number, i never talk to you!". Yeah, just HOW would i get her number?"

yeah, this is very typical for Thailand

but dont u pity the manager? This poor guy has to put up with this work force every single day. And he cannot explode... on the contrary, he has to extract some productivity out of them, not an easy task

oh, and u should pity that girl too: you probably spoke English with her, a language in which office staff in Thailand is about as fluent as in Suaheli. Of course she didnt understand a word from what you asked, but as a polite Thai she said "yes, yes" hoping the problem (i.e. the farang) would go away. How rude from you to actually show up! Dont you know that pretending to be able to speak English on her resume raises her salary from 7000 B/month to 13000 B/month?

BTW i left true move about 2 years ago - never looked back

Quote: "Back came said girl "how you get my number, i never talk to you!". Yeah, just HOW would i get her number?"

yeah, this is very typical for Thailand

but dont u pity the manager? This poor guy has to put up with this work force every single day. And he cannot explode... on the contrary, he has to extract some productivity out of them, not an easy task

oh, and u should pity that girl too: you probably spoke English with her, a language in which office staff in Thailand is about as fluent as in Suaheli. Of course she didnt understand a word from what you asked, but as a polite Thai she said "yes, yes" hoping the problem (i.e. the farang) would go away. How rude from you to actually show up! Dont you know that pretending to be able to speak English on her resume raises her salary from 7000 B/month to 13000 B/month?

BTW i left true move about 2 years ago - never looked back

'll second that!

Ok, lets rescue the office girl at True and some words for better understand each other!

Ask a Thai in the street for the direction... same same but different. They can't lose face! On the other hand they honestly try and want help you. The "yes, yes" Is a protection. Ask a Thais waitress "do you understand what I just ordered" and her answer will be "yes". Don't be surprised to get something different served... Same applies for any business except a very few. If their boss gave the order "do not disturb me" they will not disturb him! They cannot from their office "rank". He's the pu yai. They take things in their own hand. How do I know that? I work with Thai staff 15 years.

So I recommend you take somebody who speaks Thai along with you - a Thai and not a foreigner who pretends to speak Thai... the latter will end in a greater disaster. :o

When it comes to "make a decision" don't expect that from an office girl. They simply cannot! You where a lucky man because you've got what you wanted. Normally they would have closed the door for you (literally spoken).

I trust you know Thailand but you can only win if you hold your horses at least when it comes to deal with Thais any you want something...

Edited by webfact

Hi :o

Actually i need to say that every person i spoke with on that day probably spoke better English than myself. When i was on the phone with her we could understand each other very well, she appeared to know (!) exactly what i needed and verified availability of said item.

However i found this a few times - people speak English very well UNTIL one starts complaining about something. Suddenly it is "sorry i no understand, i no speak English". Wasn't the case here though......

But that works the other way round, too.... so can't blame them for THAT tactic. When i get randomly stopped by cops wanting tea money, i also pretend not to understand a word they say (my Thai isn't too bad). Mostly they get frustrated and just let me drive on :D

Kind regards.....

Thanh

I’m assuming the OP trying to use a TrueMove email account on the True server. About 4 years ago I had the same problem when I signed up for ADSL. I tried to set up the email account, and basically you can’t send mail to anyone.

There is a very easy solution to this problem, Gmail, hotmail, or a paid email service. Don’t bother using the True email account, it is less than worthless, and it is really out of their hands at this point as they have been blacklisted by so many other servers.