22 members have voted

1. 1. White wine cream sauce

• Mustard-dill sauce
    • Tomato-pesto sauce
    • Creamy white wine sauce
    • Herb butter
    • Hollandaise/Bernaise sauce

This poll is closed to new votes

Poached salmon steak with = boiled new potatoes with a bit of butter and rosemery and a fresh green garden salad.... maybe a nice with a Hollandaise sauce of the top of the salmon!!

Too early to talk about nice food :o i'm off to cook some homemade sausages for breakfast...

Poached salmon steak with = boiled new potatoes with a bit of butter and rosemery and a fresh green garden salad.... maybe a nice with a Hollandaise sauce of the top of the salmon!!

Too early to talk about nice food :D i'm off to cook some homemade sausages for breakfast...

Never too early to talk or think about food :o .

Happy to hear from another "homemade sausage producer"!

Gerd

Too early to talk about nice food :D i'm off to cook some homemade sausages for breakfast...

Gerd

Off the topic here Gerd, but i will never eat supermarket sausages again after making my own..... Please EMS some Salmon to me :D will PM you...

Gerd

Grilled salmon w/ wild rice pilaf, honey glazed carrots, & kail sauteed w/ bacon & shallots ... sauce: Grapefruit basil beurre-blanc......

Sometime's I do miss the restaurant day's.....

but my favoret is baked w/ s&p a nice coating of Thai sweet chili sauce.. panko to cover and a few chunks of butter.... if you can do this on a ceder plank in a bbq all the better...

I agree with Mr. Slackjaw.

Nothing can compare to grilled salmon! Terriyaki sauce is good with it.

Another interesting condiment I tried recently and was very nice was a wasabi mayo dressing.

Simple to make, wasabi powder and water, make a nice thick paste, add in some mayo until you get the strength you desire.

Alternatively, fresh sea salt and and freshly ground black pepper, side of mashed potatoes, lightly steamed veggies.

Planning with some friends to have a nice dinner with some fresh salmon steaks this week but can not find a solution what kind of sauce to serve with it :o .

What would you like???

Gerd

if the salmon is good fresh from frozen. On medium heat fry in half good olive oil and half unsalted butter when nearly cooked throw in 2 tbs of capers with juice of 1 lime, cover and rest of the heat

Serve with mashed potatoes mixed with chopped coriander and leeks lightly fried before hand, salt and pepper to taste mixed well with a little butter and full cream milk

Plate with pan juices poured over the salmon, garden salad on the side

delicious

the sauces you suggest sound like they would overpower the salmon

1) Either bread crumb the salmon and deep fry, and serve with lime wedges and soya sauce, daikon and julienned cabbage in vinaigrette

2) Shallow fry salmon and serve with a little curry sauce

deep fried salmon,!? what country are you from? :o

1) Either bread crumb the salmon and deep fry, and serve with lime wedges and soya sauce, daikon and julienned cabbage in vinaigrette

exactly! deep fry salmon - sounds like something the Japanese would do - probably tempura as well.

blasphomy.

exactly! deep fry salmon - sounds like something the Japanese would do - probably tempura as well.

blasphomy.

or maybe his friends like their steaks.....CRIS-PIE-!!!! :D

Only one way to serve fresh salmon, poach the salmon in a very lightly seasoned simmering stock, depending on thickness of steak, up to an inch 30 seconds each side serve on a abed of lettuce and concasse of tomatoes, small individual iced side dishes of thin sliced lemon butter, parsley butter, and lemon grass vinegatette. Always remember with such a delicate flavour as salmon , you can always add seasoning or flavour but you can not take it away!! This is a tried and tested way to serve poached salmon, If it was good enough for Escoffier its good enough for me :o

Planning with some friends to have a nice dinner with some fresh salmon steaks this week but can not find a solution what kind of sauce to serve with it :o .

What would you like???

Gerd

if the salmon is good fresh from frozen. On medium heat fry in half good olive oil and half unsalted butter when nearly cooked throw in 2 tbs of capers with juice of 1 lime, cover and rest of the heat

Serve with mashed potatoes mixed with chopped coriander and leeks lightly fried before hand, salt and pepper to taste mixed well with a little butter and full cream milk

delicious

Yumm........ I love capers.... I used to fry them and use them as a garnish on piccata.... also on smoked salmon... mmm bagels.... might have to make some tomorrow...

Alas, no lox for me...

What would you like???

Gerd

delicious

Yumm........ I love capers.... I used to fry them and use them as a garnish on piccata.... also on smoked salmon... mmm bagels.... might have to make some tomorrow...

Alas, no lox for me...

Send some bagels to me please in exchange for some smoked salmon, ok???

Gerd

What would you like???

Gerd

delicious

Alas, no lox for me...

Send some bagels to me please in exchange for some smoked salmon, ok???

Gerd

Pm me where to send them ..... will send a dozen EMS ..... assorted toping's if you like..... James

Edited by SlackJawChef

My choice would be grilled with Hollandaise/Bernaise sauce.

Agree with you - giving the nod to Bearnaise sauce.

boiled new potatoes with a bit of butter and rosemery and a fresh green garden salad.

This sounds perfect too.

So far the winner is the good old Hollandaise!

When have a bit more time I'll start a food quiz next time.

Gerd

Great, can hardly wait for that Gerd. What will be the topic of the quiz - best way to fuc_k up perfectly good salmon? :o

So far the winner is the good old Hollandaise!

When have a bit more time I'll start a food quiz next time.

Gerd

Great, can hardly wait for that Gerd. What will be the topic of the quiz - best way to fuc_k up perfectly good salmon? :o

,,,,,,,it will be a bit more difficult :D

Gerd

blasphomy.

or maybe his friends like their steaks.....CRIS-PIE-!!!! :D

Yes, it is Japanese. I think you may find their food is quite well known and respected throughout the world.

Papillotte.

Put filet in tinfoil with some lemon juice, veggies, ginger, dill, capers, white wine and bake for about 15-20 mins. Serve with new potatoes or rice.

I went for the mustard/dill sauce but think perhaps that's better with smoked salmon.

I also went for the mustard option, not too strong though. And the most important thing with salmon, please, please, please don't overcook the salmon. Very lightly fried or grilled is my favourite. Another way to cook as patsy mentioned, to to make a 'pasty' shape with tinfoil, add in a little oil, garlic and whatever herb you fancy. Yummy.

I also have a Thai fish dish that I use salmon with, it's cooked in the oven in coconut milk with a few chillies, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, a little crushed garlic, some spring onion (white part finely chopped) fish sauce, corriander and lemon juice. Very mild even for people who don't like spicy.

Planning with some friends to have a nice dinner with some fresh salmon steaks this week but can not find a solution what kind of sauce to serve with it :) .

What would you like???

Gerd

for me, I'd bake the salmon in a gas oven, wrapped in cooking foil as follows:

for 1 salmon steak

cut a square size cooking foil sheet, smear butter over it,

place salmon, season with sea salt and coarse black peppecorns,

add julienne carrots & fennel

wrap it up

transfer it to a shallow oven tray filled with an inch of water

cook at gas mark 9 for 20 mins

serve it with Sarge's own version of blackened butter sauce -

butter, few capers, finely chopped anchovies, squeeze of lime, dash of Lea & Perrins', pinch of coarse black pepper & chopped parsley

all accompanied with pomme nouvelle

salmon is a fatty fish so adding a bit of acidity compliments it as well as a bit of spice. Citrus, capers, or maybe a bit of teriyaki marinade, wasabi mash is good.

Poaching with herbs like dill or grilling with a marinade is good.

Or try stuffing it with a seafood mixture and baking it.

salmon is a fatty fish so adding a bit of acidity compliments it as well as a bit of spice. Citrus, capers, or maybe a bit of teriyaki marinade, wasabi mash is good.

Poaching with herbs like dill or grilling with a marinade is good.

Or try stuffing it with a seafood mixture and baking it.

Welcome to our food section :) !

Seems to be a new member with food background!

Gerd