Where Are The Street Maps For Phuket

boatboy

How do I find an address in Phuket Hi,

I am wondering how people find places in Phuket, I have an address for a Villa I plan on staying at, but cant find any info on where it is on Google maps, earth or any other mapping software available on line that I have looked at.

I had planned on renting a Caribbean to get around in while there, but if no street directory or similar is available I imagine I will be getting lost a lot.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

When using Google maps, sometimes the program doesn't understand the full address so you have to start with an abridged version and then fiddle with the zoom options.

There have been a few posts on the portable GPS road map systems. Try a search in here for that first.

I am wondering how people find places in Phuket,

With great difficulty. Forget asking someone for direction, locals just look at you as you have arrived from outer space, and have no idea anyway. Even once you get the correct road you face the numbering challenge as house number are issued as places built, leading to numbers hugely out of sequence. Those portable GPS with appropriate area cards seem to work quite well.

I'm pretty good with my sense of direction and once I've been shown a place once can pretty much get back to it, but I have to find it first and at least be given a general idea of location.

This is the address if anyone can give me a pointer as to where it may be, even an approximation, something closer than a 1klm radius would be good

??/?? MOO 7 SOI SAI YUAN 1 / VISET ROAD T RAWAI

Thanks

well the address is pretty straight forward

location - Rawai and it is along the visit road.

along the viset road there will be a street called Sai Yuan 1. then you find the house from the numbers

http://maps.google.co.th/maps/mpl?ie=UTF8&...=google&z=6

Yep, so up here somewhere

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...mp;t=h&z=18

Cant match the aerial view, so maybe it was built after the image was taken, so a nice and newish Villa

Thanks

If you were just looking for a particular soi, why didn't you ask in your first post?! Why all the palaver with renting carribeans and such. Come to that, how come you're a 'newbie' looking for an easily findable soi on Sai Yuan, one of the best known sois on the island? :o

If you were just looking for a particular soi, why didn't you ask in your first post?! Why all the palaver with renting carribeans and such. Come to that, how come you're a 'newbie' looking for an easily findable soi on Sai Yuan, one of the best known sois on the island? :o

bit harsh

I'm pretty good with my sense of direction and once I've been shown a place once can pretty much get back to it, but I have to find it first and at least be given a general idea of location.

This is the address if anyone can give me a pointer as to where it may be, even an approximation, something closer than a 1klm radius would be good

Thanks

I think it is the street along the Monday and Thursday market, where you'll also find the Muay Thai school.

I think it is the street along the Monday and Thursday market, where you'll also find the Muay Thai school.

Correct. Follow the yellow concrete road... :D

gallery_35489_952_223667.jpg

The 4024 on the right is Vised Road. Soi Mangosteen (Mango Teen on the map :D) joins Vised Road at the top of a small hill on a bend as you head down Viset Road (max 85 kph in a pick-up :o )

Well moo 7 will be moobaan 7 off of soi yuan..

IF its in logical sequence that is..

mdakp6.gifHmm. Logical sequence of Moo numbers?

gallery_35489_952_87976.jpg

:D

If you were just looking for a particular soi, why didn't you ask in your first post?! Why all the palaver with renting carribeans and such. Come to that, how come you're a 'newbie' looking for an easily findable soi on Sai Yuan, one of the best known sois on the island? :D

Um, because i'm a newbie, so by definition I have never been to Thailand, I have no Idea what a soi is and I didnt know it was the best known soi on the island. :o

I mentioned renting the suzuki because I can drive and so people wouldn't just say ask the taxi/tuk tuk driver

Maybe that was all to cryptic for you to figure out.

Now I do know what a soi is things are a fair bit clearer.

Edited by boatboy

Thanks

Thats the one all right, just like in my google link above.

Place is booked and a mudmap has come back to me confirming the position and then, I start seeing the break and enter threads for the area.

Oh well, the place has bars on the windows and we have nothing to steal apart from a 3 year old cheap kodak digital camera

Thanks for the help

If you were just looking for a particular soi, why didn't you ask in your first post?! Why all the palaver with renting carribeans and such. Come to that, how come you're a 'newbie' looking for an easily findable soi on Sai Yuan, one of the best known sois on the island? :D

Um, because i'm a newbie, so by definition I have never been to Thailand, I have no Idea what a soi is and I didnt know it was the best known soi on the island. :o

I mentioned renting the suzuki because I can drive and so people wouldn't just say ask the taxi/tuk tuk driver

Maybe that was all to cryptic for you to figure out.

Now I do know what a soi is things are a fair bit clearer.

I would say instead of multiple threads on how to do this.. Just 'ask the rentor' !!

Here people dont look it up, its much more work, just get directions that apply to the local landmarks. those become obvious when you drive around.

Here people dont look it up, its much more work, just get directions that apply to the local landmarks. those become obvious when you drive around.

C'mon LOS, give the guy a break. Looks like newbie to Thailand, finds a local forum, asks a question, then gets flamed by some members. But I'm please to say, many others are very helpful... :D

But I have to agree, there are far too many people asking simple questions on forums that can be answered with a few minutes research on Google. Luckily we have lots of members on Thaivisa quite happy to do the legwork for those less able members... :o

I would say instead of multiple threads on how to do this.. Just 'ask the rentor' !!

Which I did, and couldnt get an actual mudmap until I had booked as there appeared and still does to be a French - English language barrier

But its OK, if you read the thread you will see I figured it out as soon as I figured out that I was looking for for Wiset rd not Viset (look at spelling on google map) and not to enter MOO 7 SOI SAI YUAN 1 as part of the search, as that brings up nothing on the search

I'm sure that will work just fine when I am there, but I did want an indication as you where it was before I booked

My appologies for not being as smart on directions as those that have been or are there now.

If you ever want directions around Efate, Epi, Ambrym,or Malacoola in Vanuatu or islands of New Caledonia, just ask and I will treat you like a ****** as well because surely any idiot can get there way around first time

Edited by LivinginKata
Offensive word removed

My appologies for not being as smart on directions as those that have been or are there now.

If you ever want directions around Efate, Epi, Ambrym,or Malacoola in Vanuatu or islands of New Caledonia, just ask and I will treat you like a ****** as well because surely any idiot can get there way around first time

Point taken, I myself was not specifically referring to you in my previous post. No need for the bad language...

Thats OK.. I have a GPS. :o

I found this site someplace, it is great.

http://www.mapjack.com/

Tis Beta, but still good, you may find where you stay, live.

Like Google, but pix are far superior.

Start here and follow the ble dots to jump along the roads.

Marker18.gifNai Han Bureau of Monks this is not a link, use above URL.

This will take you right into the shops at Nai Harn, views of the beach, my fave.

Give it a go, lotsa places in LoS to visit.

Yeah, JBkk, thought the same.

You have no doubt seen the kerfuffle over Googles pix, complaints etc.

Guess this site is not as wekk known.

Hey, just thinking, imagine one footy less night hooking a computer to a Bangla Rd bar telly.

Reckon it would be a ball.

No laws against showing pix taken in a public place.

Edited by Zpete

If he wasn't a newbie there would be no need to ask would there?

Place is booked and a mudmap has come back to me confirming the position and then, I start seeing the break and enter threads for the area.

Oh well, the place has bars on the windows...

Don't buy the fear and loathing thing... I've lived in that neighbourhood for years and have never even locked the house... although it may be my two dogs... :D

No need to stoop to the level of some others :D . When you arrive go to an SE-ED bookstore and get a "Thinknet" map of Phuket... They are by far the best.