Murder In Thailand

nokmdk

dr_Pat_Pong: when did loxinfo become non-Thai may i ask????? I have my own forums exactly like this and it shows my Thai ip but if im some one else can you at least tell me who i am so i can find myself?

Ive already stated what im doing. nothing other than gathering info of things that get me thinking and keeps me busy.

I have many more comments but ill keep my fat mouth shut as ive seen what happens (????) when some ones steps on your toes.

I have delicate feet. Loxinfo does have a block of US IP's and you are in that group. Sorry.

Plenty of suicides are actually murders, although the lives of many foreigners here could be classified as depressing enough to end it all.

With the cards stacked against foreigners the way it is (choice of local mate *aka financial drainage pipe*, limited work options... often leading to more "creative" ways of making a living, the whole visa run thing, etc.), I think falangs who don't jump off their rented second story balconies within 5 years of moving here deserve a campaign ribbon (guava colored) like the local government workers wear. Perhaps they could pin them to your t-shrits at Suan Phlu when you get your passports stamped. Ehm, for a mandatory fee, that is.

:o

Edited by Heng

its just a thought , but has anyone noticed how badly designed ,with regard to safety , high rise buildings are here.

i have been in high rises with windows that are top hinged and open right up , balconies that have the rail fitted only a metre high ,( well below the centre of gravity of an average falang ) and balconies and floors covered with very slippery polished tiles.

it wouldnt take much ( rain on the balcony , something dropped on the floor , one drink too many ) to send someone hurtling through an opened window or over the balcony rail.

its just a thought , but has anyone noticed how badly designed ,with regard to safety , high rise buildings are here.

i have been in high rises with windows that are top hinged and open right up , balconies that have the rail fitted only a metre high ,( well below the centre of gravity of an average falang ) and balconies and floors covered with very slippery polished tiles.

it wouldnt take much ( rain on the balcony , something dropped on the floor , one drink too many ) to send someone hurtling through an opened window or over the balcony rail.

Yea Tax, I have noticed that, my ex gf has a 28th floor condo and the balcony railings are quite low, even walking up to the main door of the condo the railings are too low and it is an open area with a 28 storey drop if you do fall backwards when drunk. :o

I prefer bungalows. :D

Plenty of suicides are actually murders, although the lives of many foreigners here could be classified as depressing enough to end it all.   

With the cards stacked against foreigners the way it is (choice of local mate *aka financial drainage pipe*, limited work options... often leading to more "creative" ways of making a living, the whole visa run thing, etc.), I think falangs who don't jump off their rented second story balconies within 5 years of moving here deserve a campaign ribbon (guava colored) like the local government workers wear.    Perhaps they could pin them to your t-shrits at Suan Phlu when you get your passports stamped.    Ehm, for a mandatory fee, that is.

Your post made me smile sir..nice one!

with regard to safety, how cheap and easy it would be to raise that balcony barrier a few inches?

i though that , in thailand , alterations regarding safety are always made after the event.

to mention the possibility of disasters and accidents , in the eyes and minds of our superstitious hosts , is to invite that disaster or accident to happen.

its called bad mojo in the west.

With the cards stacked against foreigners the way it is (choice of local mate *aka financial drainage pipe*, limited work options... often leading to more "creative" ways of making a living, the whole visa run thing, etc.), I think falangs who don't jump off their rented second story balconies within 5 years of moving here deserve a campaign ribbon (guava colored) like the local government workers wear.    Perhaps they could pin them to your t-shrits at Suan Phlu when you get your passports stamped.     Ehm, for a mandatory fee, that is.

:D

Your post made me smile sir..nice one!

Oh yes...a positively charming post by heng...

I guess we think different things are funny.

But seriously though, life is indeed tough for many 'langs here (because of things both in and out of their control), and I think many who have never lived here don't know this. Shouldn't have people back home assuming that "ah, he had just met a nice girl working her way through college at the local bar, just like he did when he was in school... he had everything going for him, he wouldn't have done something like that," when the reality (girl pregnant, shotgun wedding on the horizon - nevermind that you don't even know how to order food yet in a local restaurant, raging case of VD, bank account getting close to zero, overstayed visa by 2 weeks, etc.) might be quite different.

:D:o

Edited by Heng