What Does The Following Language From Canadian Embassy Mean?:

We received the following email from the Canadian Embassy, and we're not sure if it's good or bad news. We won't go to the Embassy for some time now and just wanted some peace of mind to know whether her visa was granted or not!!:

Please be informed that the result of your application is ready. Please come to our office to pick up your passport. Our office is open from 9:00 am to 11:30am, Monday to Friday. Sincerely Yours,

Visa Section

What the heck does this mean!!! :o "result is ready"??? how can a denied visa be a 'result' that's 'ready'? omg

From my experience, you have to go in person. Normally the visa is a yes or no on the next day from when you applied.

They won't tell you over the phone. In fact they don't say anything, you have to open your passport to see if there is a visa there.

From my experience, you have to go in person. Normally the visa is a yes or no on the next day from when you applied.

They won't tell you over the phone. In fact they don't say anything, you have to open your passport to see if there is a visa there.

that's crazy, it's not like it's an HIV blood test or anything :o . I'm somewhat hopeful- they had the application for like 2 weeks, didn't request an interview or additional documents, and in fact this morning i emailed to ask what the status was whereupon i got this reply a few hours later. it was for a temporary resident visa. oh well, i guess tonight will be restless worrying about this.

she got the visa. :o it says it's date of expiry is August 30, does that mean she has to enter by the 30th, and then can stay 30 days, or she has to leave before the 30th??

I believe so. The visa must be utilised before it expires. if you leave on the 29th August and go for 30 days, it should be fine.

she got the visa. :o it says it's date of expiry is August 30, does that mean she has to enter by the 30th, and then can stay 30 days, or she has to leave before the 30th??

She must enter before the visa expires, the 30th, she then can remain in Canada for 6 months. if it is a multiple entry visa she can come and go until the 30th of Aug. then stay for 6 more months.

I had no problem with it, simple they have reviewed your application approve or disapprove get you Butt in here and you will see the results yourself, for sure you don't want the hold world to know your buisness. There are a lot of email hackers around. :D:o

She must enter before the visa expires, the 30th, she then can remain in Canada for 6 months. if it is a multiple entry visa she can come and go until the 30th of Aug. then stay for 6 more months.

I would absolutely check to make sure about that. We have always treated the expiry date as the day you have to be out of the country. Same as in Thailand, when my visa expires I have to be out or I am on an overstay. I am sure they won't even let you enter Canada on the 29th if your visa expires the next day.

But hey I could be wrong. Phone the embassy, and they will tell you the answer.

If it is true, Please let me know, because that will help us out a lot for our next trip.

Edited by canuckamuck

I would absolutely check to make sure about that. We have always treated the expiry date as the day you have to be out of the country. Same as in Thailand, when my visa expires I have to be out or I am on an overstay. I am sure they won't even let you enter Canada on the 29th if your visa expires the next day.

But hey I could be wrong. Phone the embassy, and they will tell you the answer.

If it is true, Please let me know, because that will help us out a lot for our next trip.

It is true , you are wrong, I have absolutly checked it out, In fact just entered Canada on the 10th with my wife and her visa expired on the 12th. Think of the visa expiry date as an enter before date. You are confusing "visa expiry date" with the "permitted to stay until" date or the "admitted until "date for entry into Thailand. My original o/a visa had no expiry date , it was valid for a year and that date was the "enter before date".

Same as in Thailand, when my visa expires I have to be out or I am on an overstay.

This statement is incorrect. Your visa expiring does not mean you have to leave the country. It is your permit to stay that is important.

For Thailand you can enter the country the day before the visa expires [use before date) and get a permit a permit to stay equal to whatever is allowed by your visa.

We received the following email from the Canadian Embassy, and we're not sure if it's good or bad news. We won't go to the Embassy for some time now and just wanted some peace of mind to know whether her visa was granted or not!!:

Please be informed that the result of your application is ready. Please come to our office to pick up your passport. Our office is open from 9:00 am to 11:30am, Monday to Friday. Sincerely Yours,

Visa Section

What the heck does this mean!!! :o "result is ready"??? how can a denied visa be a 'result' that's 'ready'? omg

do what they say and tell them as little as possible

Edited by unforgiven

Please be informed that the result of your application is ready. Please come to our office to pick up your passport. [/size] Our office is open from 9:00 am to 11:30am, Monday to Friday. Sincerely Yours,

Visa Section

What the heck does this mean!!! :D "result is ready"??? how can a denied visa be a 'result' that's 'ready'? omg

you've been rejected. If they'd made a interview appointment then you'd have a shot. :o

Well it looks like you didnt read the posts, he got the visa :D

OK, I admit I can be fairly dense when it comes to this stuff. So I am hoping to make this clear. My wife has a multiple entry visa that ends in Sept 2010.

When we arrive in Canada all they do is stamp the current days date in the passport. They do not calculate for you the date that you have to leave by.

I always assumed 6 months or until the visa expires, what ever comes first. They don't say anything at immigration about departure dates.

What you guys are saying is that my wife can go to Canada on Sept 2010 (the month her visa expires) and still stay another 6 months.

That will probably save us a few baht as we can squeeze one more trip in to the visa.

Is it true?

OK, I admit I can be fairly dense when it comes to this stuff. So I am hoping to make this clear. My wife has a multiple entry visa that ends in Sept 2010.

When we arrive in Canada all they do is stamp the current days date in the passport. They do not calculate for you the date that you have to leave by.

I always assumed 6 months or until the visa expires, what ever comes first. They don't say anything at immigration about departure dates.

What you guys are saying is that my wife can go to Canada on Sept 2010 (the month her visa expires) and still stay another 6 months.

That will probably save us a few baht as we can squeeze one more trip in to the visa.

Is it true?

It is absolutley, 100% correct, arrive the day the visa expires, if you like to gamble on a missed connection, I always plan for 2 days before the visa expires, she has 6 months from the date of entry to leave Canada.

Last year, my girlfriend, now wife, got her temp.res visa without much struggle. We requested 3-months and the embassy gave it to her,but said 'we give you this BUT they may give you something else'. We heard about the 6-month entry stamp upon arrival,but all the bitch(they) at immigration gave her was 49-days - case closed. That dose of ill-will threw a monkey wrench into our travel plans.

She did arrive alone to Vancouver and had to go through an interview process that was more like a spotlighted brow-beating.

That still really pisses me off when I think about all the *%$3# taxes I have paid over the years. Oh,well, just another reason why I live in Thailand! :o

You got a Canadian Tourist Visa for your Thai wife? Did you apply at the consulate in Chiang Mai or straight at the Embassy in Bangkok? I'm in the same situation and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how you did it.