Sunday Walking Street Chiang Mai

vernonschmiddy

Hello....I am a volunteer at Care for Dogs shelter in CM and in trying to broaden our exposure within the city, I was trying to get a stall/stand on the Sunday Walking Street. The stall would be manned by volunteers educating the public on the plight of the numerous sick, abandoned, abused, homeless and starving dogs within Chiang Mai Province and the steps taken at the Care for Dogs shelter to try and help these animals. Of course, we would also be trying to increase donations and sell merchandise which is locally made. These sale items and donations are the only way for the shelter to survive, since it is a not for profit organisation relying solely upon the generosity and sympathy of the public.

The question that I have is: Does anyone in this forum know where I would start in making enquiries regarding procurement of a space at the Walking Street so we can get this moving. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we seem to be floundering along.

Thankyou so much to anyone who can offer us suggestions.. :o

Great and nice from you.

But i never saw a real starving dog in CM, they all get enough food, if not, they are used to it.

:o I dont want more dogs howling and fighting downstairs.

I agree with the thais who try to get rid of them.