The Sick Cow Story

rideswings

--

not sure how much Sin sod you paid . and only 3 baht gold . - hat is consider to be cheap --

even in my country we would had paid more then 10 baht gold and maybe 200-500k for getting married .

is a show or stablity to the family that you can take care of her .

while i do not agree with the custom , but i do love my wife enough to part with the small amount ..

----------------------

the words " COW " in thai - also refer to ( him or Her .

if she said .> COW mai sabai - she maybe refering to a person instead of a COW .

whahahah just thinking positive .

only 2 month . and you already counting your cent . if you love your money more then you love her . you should had waited longer to get married .

-- took me 6 days to ask my wife to marry me . and i still love everyday .

i invested maybe a few million on her and her family . and in return her family had made me million . so i think is fair .

as a family . i go way out to help them .. and in return tere go way out to help me .

recent her mom just give me 25 plus rai of land . - cos the money i invested she reinvest into buying land in their province . i am more then happy to put all thos ename under my wife name .

after all . , what i need is Love and a small . home . if money is catalyst to happiness ,. i would be mroe then happy to burn it to get happiness .

not that my thai relative is asking me any money at all . - in fact . my mother in law .. started by giving me back all the sinsod .. and the 10 baht gold i used for the wedding .. she say as new couple we need the money to buikd a family and maybe business .

---

and what is 5000 baht . compare to your net worth .

what you need to consider is ..

this the money you invest worth the return ..

if you feel that is a losing investment ..

two chocie . think like a businessman ,, protect your invisted , cut short and let go .

otherwise . - is time you and your wife sit down and have a long talk ..

maybe you having some comunication problem to start with . and you really need to draw the line for her ..

is better now then later .

---------------

i know my wife on my birthday party wher ei invested some 30 plus thai to it .. and i only know like 5 people .

-

i saw her and i know i found the person i want to spend my life with .

i ask her to marry me on the 6th days . and she tell me . if i am serious . ask my parent to bring an elder as withness . so i can go to meet her parent and arrange a date to get married .

and i did .. we went down . talk on how much sin sod we should come up with ..

and i did my own survey -- i was worrying that being fast marriage i am going to be a sucker .. but it turn out .. ok ..

few days before i went to talk about my own sin sod . i went to a thai wedding in her village .. and the sin sod between thai is - 100k + 10 bhat gold .

more or less i am telling myself .. maybe i would have to pay 2 - 3 times more ..

but on the days itself .. there started with 10baht gold . and 100k . -- notthing fancy . ask if i am ok with it .

i agree to it right away . everyone is happy .

----------------

we even had a huge wedding .. with about 800 guest .

blah blah blah ..

so not all thai girl is bad .--- sometime is where you look ..

Were you a virgin before you met your wife?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you used BOUGHT - and i take that as insult -

but then again .. i'm the one being happy not you .

i;m the one that so far after i got married made about 4 million after i got married .

and everyone is happy and i am buying my new cars soon which i will still put in my wife name ..

is a matter of trust . which i do not expert you to try to understand .

i hope you do find true love some day . if your poor sence of relationship is about who own what .. then i think you are better off bumping around bars and paid for yoru love life .

just a little info for your sorry statement .

my wife is richer then me . :o

-

and till now i can tell you right away . i love my wife , on first sight . and we got married .

you are open to your own view . bt then again . i do not expect someone like you to understand what love is .. cos chances is you would never find one with your state of mind .

good luck .

when i fall in love , the last thing i consider is where she is from . -

pardon me . if i got abit too strong on my words .

but what i want to say is .

what is there to lose in life ..

one fine day we all die .. and if we do not try and get stuck up with how much you spend or how much you earn . at the end of the days all thoss paper you collected is not even worth a moment of happiness .

money can do alot of thing if you use it rightly . i hardly carry any with me nowaday ...

i entrust all to my wife . - if you ask me if i worry she run away with it .

well . my reply to you or anyone who ask would be ,, if she want to run away with my money .. - she do not need to run .. just let me know and she can walk away .. slowly with every cent i have .

and i can alway start again .. and i will not give up if such day happen ..

cos as simple as .. i love my wife - and if she do choose money over me .. i am more then happy to grant her that .

---

after all when the time come .. only the memory of happiness can go with you .

not those money you save .

You are one stupid mf'er. Sorry, but I can't resist. You are going to die peniless and destitute. The least I can hope for is that I scam youR $$$.

some guy are Just so blinded by their ego that if true love come their way , there will step on it , thinking is a scam ..

--

to lighten some poor lost soul here ,

i had many Gigs in thailand . before i met my wife .

very active and till the day i met my wife i am still going out with another girl .

----

i am all clean and truth to my wife . i even told her i was with another girl the night before i ask her out for the first time .

----

Some might think is perfect to build whole lot of lie to pretent how good you are or how rich you are on the first few date .

, i think otherrwise . i just show her who i am . . no bullshit or lie .

-----

like i said , i do not expect you to understand .

----

today is 1 years 2 month 24 days . after i got married .

ask me in 2-3 years dowmn the road if i am happy .

----

i can't proof how sill your words is to me now .

but time be my judge .

i had been notthing but the happiest guy in thailand for the last 1 years 2 month 24 days .

Not one time had my wife ask me for money . She even pay for her own cars installment .

while i got mine in cash .

----

oh yeh .. for your info when i go out to have dinner with her friends . we alway share .

maye not in perfect duke . - let say . the bill is 1,000 baht , for 7 people , everyone would automatically come out with 100- 200 baht .

and i am alway happy to cover the rest . sometime . end up i am the one paying only 50baht .

---

so i guess i am not just lucky . i am bless with a beautiful and wonderful wife . which i love .

:o

if you want other to be true to you . first be true to them , if you want respect from others , then you better respect other .

Contrary to popular Falang wisdom, Thai bovines do from time to time need a veterinarian's hand and aren't blessed with eternal life.

I think that the Khwai has made an udderly good point here.

not bad, thought for a minute you might put your hoof in your mouth but that one rolled out smoother than a calf's nose after feeding.

Once he gets onto farming and tractors, Moonrakers is in his element. :o

Contrary to popular Falang wisdom, Thai bovines do from time to time need a veterinarian's hand and aren't blessed with eternal life.

not bad, thought for a minute you might put your hoof in your mouth but that one rolled out smoother than a calf's nose after feeding.

Once he gets onto farming and tractors, Moonrakers is in his element. :o

Tractors are sooooo 2008. It's all about Combine Harvesters now.

And I think the reply below him was spot on, they got sick before he was around. Not his problem, nor something anyone should care about if its not your dam_n cow. Animals suck anyway.

And I think the reply below him was spot on, they got sick before he was around. Not his problem, nor something anyone should care about if its not your dam_n cow. Animals suck anyway.

The OP made it 'his problem' as he started meddling in the family business by giving money; it was mentioned that he mused to buy a tractor a short while ago which would be a major investment. This will lead to expectations of further financial help.

Asking him for help does not need to be ill-intentioned or malicious (even though the cynics on Thai Visa have seen such story a thousand times unfold). It might just be that the family thinks that the OP integrated well with them, has an interest in their livelihood and expects to participate; asking him to contribute is then actually just to accommodate his wishes to interact with the family. And to give money will be much easier for him than to plough a field or plant rice -- which would be expected from Thai males marrying into rural families without second thought.

As the saying here goes, you do not just marry the girl, but also her family.

Ta22: You forgot to brag about your brand new Tesco sunglasses, newly acquired garden hose and 2inch ****

Be sure to include those in your list of accomplishments next time.

i don't get your joke .

i don't wear sunglasses and the last pair i own was JPG .-

the reason i hardly use sunglasses is cos i am a night person . i stay awake at nigth to deal wth my oversea customer . and in the morning i sleep from around 10 am till about 3-4 pm .

so by the time i leave my house is usually dark already so i seldom need a pair of sunglass and i got . this anti glare film on my cars when i do travel long trip .

and if i do need a sunglass i would not go tesco to buy one of those 199 one i prefr one that fit your nicely and lat longer ..

just like my watches i had never change it in the last 13 years or so .is betetr to pay more for something that last a life time then cheap so you need to worry if you can trust it .

in my house in chiangmai we got a 50 meter garden hose to cover part of the 1 rai landscape garden i got .

i am 32 and my wife is 29 .

Edited by Ta22

The OP made it 'his problem' as he started meddling in the family business by giving money; it was mentioned that he mused to buy a tractor a short while ago which would be a major investment. This will lead to expectations of further financial help.

Asking him for help does not need to be ill-intentioned or malicious (even though the cynics on Thai Visa have seen such story a thousand times unfold). It might just be that the family thinks that the OP integrated well with them, has an interest in their livelihood and expects to participate; asking him to contribute is then actually just to accommodate his wishes to interact with the family. And to give money will be much easier for him than to plough a field or plant rice -- which would be expected from Thai males marrying into rural families without second thought.

As the saying here goes, you do not just marry the girl, but also her family.

Do city thai males marry thai farm girls. I understand itstaboo, and for good reason. IF ONLY FARANG COULD UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT.

Chai, and contrary to Thai wisdom, sick cows happened long before it became the norm to ask farang to finance their sicknesses.

Thai wisdom? That just has to be an oxymoron! :o:D

Wow.. you think that long argument for "all Thai girls arent bad" really was in your favor? You BOUGHT your wife after 6 days (lol ya its true love from her end!) and you think its worth it because you say its alright if you buy love... but what you bought wasn't love, it was the ILLUSION of love. Hope you enjoy your illusion and it doesn't turn into a horribly ugly dose of reality any time soon buddy... I really do.

Well said that man! :o:D

some guy are Just so blinded by their ego that if true love come their way , there will step on it , thinking is a scam ..

--

to lighten some poor lost soul here ,

i had many Gigs in thailand . before i met my wife .

very active and till the day i met my wife i am still going out with another girl .

----

i am all clean and truth to my wife . i even told her i was with another girl the night before i ask her out for the first time .

----

Some might think is perfect to build whole lot of lie to pretent how good you are or how rich you are on the first few date .

, i think otherrwise . i just show her who i am . . no bullshit or lie .

-----

like i said , i do not expect you to understand .

----

today is 1 years 2 month 24 days . after i got married .

ask me in 2-3 years dowmn the road if i am happy .

----

i can't proof how sill your words is to me now .

but time be my judge .

i had been notthing but the happiest guy in thailand for the last 1 years 2 month 24 days .

Not one time had my wife ask me for money . She even pay for her own cars installment .

while i got mine in cash .

----

oh yeh .. for your info when i go out to have dinner with her friends . we alway share .

maye not in perfect duke . - let say . the bill is 1,000 baht , for 7 people , everyone would automatically come out with 100- 200 baht .

and i am alway happy to cover the rest . sometime . end up i am the one paying only 50baht .

---

so i guess i am not just lucky . i am bless with a beautiful and wonderful wife . which i love .

:D

if you want other to be true to you . first be true to them , if you want respect from others , then you better respect other .

This chap is in serious need of a check-up from the neck-up! He rattles on about how much he loves his wife and then tells us that he's got poontang on the side! :o:D He then talks about 7 people going for dinner at 1000bt (must be a noodle cart on the side of the road :D ) and people produce 100 and 200bt bills and he pays the rest - it's only 140bt per head! Really big spender this guy! :D

Ta22: You forgot to brag about your brand new Tesco sunglasses, newly acquired garden hose and 2inch ****

Be sure to include those in your list of accomplishments next time.

i don't get your joke .

i don't wear sunglasses and the last pair i own was JPG .-

the reason i hardly use sunglasses is cos i am a night person . i stay awake at nigth to deal wth my oversea customer . and in the morning i sleep from around 10 am till about 3-4 pm .

so by the time i leave my house is usually dark already so i seldom need a pair of sunglass and i got . this anti glare film on my cars when i do travel long trip .

and if i do need a sunglass i would not go tesco to buy one of those 199 one i prefr one that fit your nicely and lat longer ..

just like my watches i had never change it in the last 13 years or so .is betetr to pay more for something that last a life time then cheap so you need to worry if you can trust it .

in my house in chiangmai we got a 50 meter garden hose to cover part of the 1 rai landscape garden i got .

i am 32 and my wife is 29 .

Stop it! stop it! You're killing me :o:D

City guy marry farm girl a Taboo ?

what kinda Rubbish is this ?

alot of the Rich thai own Farm land . - and what make you think farmer is poor .

at least from what i see - in my wife village non of the farmer is poor .

- i did a small math about their income .

average at 20,000 baht per Rai of rice there have - and is common for a farmer to own like 10 - 15 rai of land .

so let say 200,000 - That is more then 18,000 per month .

sure is higher paid then an average that who work in bangkok for 12,000 per month and still have to put up with high food and housing cost + traffic .

----

is common . to ring up bill for about . 1,000 with 7 people dinning dinner .

if you are free come join me , i would be more then happ to treat you to dinner :o if you bring your wife along . :D so at least my wife can talk to your wife while i can talk to you .

is boring for my wife when i go meet up farang . and i only speak english , usually i speak only thai .

----

i trying to be as direct and forward with all answer .. cos i know many think , is not possible .

but here i am telling . is possible to find normal love in thailand . not any twisted . scamming story i heard so far.

i am not kids i been here in thailand 11 years . and jolly well longer then many of the guy who post here .

- stay in many part of thailand and i still have house in about 3 province in thailand

i prefer chiangmai personally .

-----

big speader ?

i don't get you . are you mocking that 1000 is too much or too cheap ?

seriously speaking . i had held dinner with guest of 2 to as much as 300- 400 people . be it in thailand and oversea .

usually is about 10 - 20 people and i food the bill in the past .

now and then someone will come up and share the bills.

since i know my wife . i still offer to pay the bills most of the time .

but between her friends everyone would fork out soemthing for the bills.

---

:D if you never seen a dinner that everyone share the bill in thailand , you are most welcome to join me for dinner sometime .

Hi all. I just arrived back in the USA after a grueling 2 days travel from Udon to Atlanta, and no I am not a troll, the reason I have not updated my post is that its hard to use the internet when youre at 35,000 feet in the air.

I guess I am a sucker, I was from the start. Maybe this was the wrong place to post this, maybe that other site where people just post one sided grumpfest commentaries about how crappy their life in Thailand is and how their women stole all their money would have been a better place to post this.

Some of your posts were histerical and thank you for your humor. Especially the cow references, udderly humorous.

Well, I am back in the USA now and can respond to some of your posts.

I think what made her her mom ask me for the cow money was the new Yamama Fino I just bought for "us" and put in my wifes name 3 days ago. Or the 2 trips to Tesco where I began furnishing our small room with 5,000 baht one day and 4,000 baht the next day. I guess her mom figured I had more for a poor cow. Well, I ended up asking her if her mo could just eat the cow, but she said if the cow was sick, they might get sick too.

... I have known her since last July. we met on an internet Thai dating site.

... she doesnt drink or smoke, and she did not come from a bar. Just an Issan farm. I did not realize there was something amiss, long story. I agreed to sin sot the day I met her in person. She was my 4th Thai girlfreind so I sorta knew the customs, or at least I thought I did. Yes I know cows get sick... but given other cinrcumstances, maybe her mom can sell some land or spend some of the sin sod money that should have come back to me anyway.

... Sin sod and gold, I will never pay it again if this marriage doesnt work out.

... Hard to stop, you said a mouthful! Once you start, there is no end. But it has to end somewhere, or I know I will pennyless eventually.

... Yes I agree its not my repsonsibility to fix the cow. It was just another way for her to ask me for more money for her mom. Owning cattle is a losing proposition but it gives her dad something to do when its not rice season. She once told me her moms house had a fire. I guess she must have forgotten she told me about the fire becuase when I went to visit a few weeks ago, there the house stood in the same condition as the last time I saw it. No fire... hmmm...

... yes misspalin this is the postejaculatory period.

...kennkate... maybe you can be my vet. I'll give you 50 baht if you writ4e me an official letter :o

... misspalin... do they have that book in Thai? If not, I can write one about veal parmigian or veal piccata.

... insi... i think there is no disease. only greedy inlaws...

...boater... feel free to chime in with any questions. this is fun to see what a jackass i have been with my money.

...woflmanjack... Youre a bright person! Thank you for explaining that to the other posters. I keep my computer on at least 18 hours a day and rarely sign out of TV.

... InSi... yes I dont know what to think any more. When I first met my wife, she told me that she dreamed of buying her dad a new tractor, so I starting asking around and was going to do it on my next trip back in May. Thats gotten put on the back burner. I was just trying to help my wife realize some of her dreams, but buying stuff for her family is just making things worse. The tractor cost around 450,000 baht new. She also wants to build a resort on her moms land. Theres no way Im doing that now unless I get a long lease and can own the structures. Or maybe a better thing to do is rent the land from someone else. Problem solved.

...ease... hmmm.... maybe I should take dose of reality and follow your advice. I just cant seem to say know. Her family lives in a horrible little shack with no plumbing, but so does at least half of Thailand. They dont know any better, and maybe I shouldnt introduce them to how the western world lives.

...rgs... thank you for explaining. Just because my story sounds ridiculous, doesnt mean it isnt true.

...mrt... cow repair isnt expesnsive, but i think they were trying to use Thai politeness and ask me for money in another way, not just for cow repairs.

...ease... lol! 5,00 baht is what a new healthy cow cost according to the wife. Why repair when you can buy new. I see your point.

...a2396... sin sod agreed to 190,000 last year, paid around 100,000 on 4 visits, and then said I will not pay any more until she comes and works in the US. She has not had a job since March of 2008. After she comes to the USA she could send some of the money she makes to her mom, but not more than $300 a month. The rest will go to paying house bills. My last Thai GF was asking 500,000 plus 10 baht gold but she was a uni grad and had a good job. Im really starting to get a taste of what it means to be so dedicated to Thai parents. They are never off her mind, she is always seeking ways to get money to them whether it be household goods or cash.

...ricardo... i usually have a rant with my wife when she asks for money, and this was no exception. I went calmy ballistic, telling her that her mom should spend some of the sin sod that was really meant for giving back to us and buying land for us to build a house on. "Where was the land" I asked her? Jai dee my a**. When I spend money on Thai relatives, I never get anything back. Thats sorta how my rant went.

...steadfast... i try to laugh it off as much as possible, but if i didnt just buy a new 40,000 motorbike the day before, I wouldnt have gone nuts on her. I dont drink much... maybe I should start and show her how obnoxious a farang can be.

...Bigsnake... confronting her with the truth would just make her create another lie. Again, she told me her moms house burned down but it was fine with the same old timbers it has had since it was new (if it was ever new to begin with).

...Alfredo... yes the sick family story, heard that one already. gave money to her sick uncle who really was sick and died not too long thereafter. Now here granny is on the way out, and I give her money too. Its just endless. "You have a good heart" is what they tell me...

...Thanks Mjo... Train wreck for sure. Not having second thoughts, I love my wife to bits, but she has been programmed since birth (possibly before birth) to bring home the money. Her mom pimped her out to a factory job in BKK at 15 and my wife sent home money religiously, but also saved a little money for herself to go back to school. Her granny got sick and her mom made her give all the money she had saved to fix granny.

...Graham... yes not amphur yet. Waiting until she comes to the USA on fiancee visa and see if she can make money somehow. dont feel sorry for me.

Im tired and will try to respind to more posts tomorrow. Now I need to try to learn how to sleep again in Eastern time until returning to LOS.

Thanks to all the posters with good senses of humor and good advice.

Edited by rideswings

Dude. What the hel_l. This is not about patronizing you at all. Some of the lads on here just want to see you do right. In my opinion you are clearly thinking from your ball sack,bell end,mushroom cap,whatever. I'm sure there is a few of us who have bought things for the wife/family but not like you. Even if you are quite wealthy I would still be asking questions about it all. You said you will never pay it again if it doesn't work out(sin sod ,gold). Erm,what. You must know in your heart its not right. Where will the lies stop to get money from you? What about your dreams? No plumbing but may have a half million baht tractor on the drive? Come an take a flight down to me in Tx AND WE CAN HAVE A FEW BEERS OVER THIS MATTER.

When the cow dies, carve it up into small chunks, package it and sell it under the name "I can't believe it's not better"

genius, if I had a hat I would take it off :o

it beats the post I was going to write about telling them you like veal

Is that Chris Fairclough in the photo?

OP, her mom pimped her out to a FACTORY in BANGKOK at 15 to send money home? Riiiiiiiiiight, most poor parents send their daughter to Bangkok to sell her body in order to send money back but her family sent her to a factory? lol ok

Here I am married for almost two months, ready to go back today to the USA for 3 weeks and my wife just gave me the sick cow story. One of her dads baby cows is sick and they need money to give it medical attention.

I thought this only happens to Farang suckers who dont live here and are in telecommunication relationships but I was wrong. I guess all the money I have given her and her family doesnt mean anything. They are trying to get every nickel out of me before I go back to the USA.

Needless to say I am not giving her or her family any more money. I already paid sin sid and 3 bahts gold two months ago.

For a culture as polite as the Thais seem to have, they have alot of nerve and are rude in many other respects.

So...you didn't get any money back? How large was it? (First warning flag.)

Edit: Last post said: 190k down to 100k, nothing returned, roger.

Edited by TAWP