Sukothai Residence

I have seen postings on various sites with this price range. I think it launched at around 180k/m2. There are not that many photos of the facilities online. It must be very very nice for that price range. Anyone have photos to share out of curiosity? I think I saw a 120m2 unit listed at just under 1m USD.

270k/m2, not 240K/m2

This is about 1.5x to 2x the price of those high end units of Raimon Land. But looking at their presentation, the footprint of the building is only about 40% of total land area, thus there is spacious common living space for pools, garden and facilities at ground level.

The design of this buidling is that of a true condominium, not a city apartment with the first 8 floors being carpark space and a swimming pool and some greens on the roof of the car park (or worse on 30th+ floor - see The Lakes).

Within 8-10 years, this project will be selling at Bt350-400,000/m2.

Edited by trogers

I think I saw a 120m2 unit listed at just under 1m USD.

That price is INSANE!!!

1 million USD for 120sqm in bkk??? That's just plain stupid.

For reference, if you look at the "360 degree view" on the Sukhothai website, you'll see right at the beginning of the 'aerial view' the condo in front of the Banyan Tree with the arch on the penthouse... I know the owner of that penthouse, he is a half-vietnamese/half-portuguese (or brasilian, I can't recall) Yacht-builder/designer. I know he purchased that ENTIRE penthouse for around 1 million USD a few years ago. Now THAT is a unique property, well worth a million USD (and a senior member of the "Central" family lived BELOW him haha). 4 elevators come up right to his foyer (or is it 2, I haven't been there in over a year, but he used to throw a lot of parties up there), but regardless it is BADASS. He has everything integrated, stereo, lighting, EVERYTHING (partly because he was seriously injured in a car accident in Miami, and was wheelchair-bound for quite some time, so he couldn't get around to turning lights on/off, etc., he re-couped in bkk).... when dusk comes, all of the lights come on incrementally until darkness falls.... there is a big pool on one side, a huge terrace on the other, and the penthouse itself is just incredible... one of the best properties I've seen with my own eyes here in bkk.

2 years ago I remember asking if he'd sell it for 40-45 million... (not that I had the money to buy, I just wanted to know if he would sell, as he said he had people asking him, and he didn't spend that much time in bkk - and jeez he had some stories about pirates in Southern Thailand, he said they were the 2nd worst in the world, next to somewhere else I can't recall)... he said no at the time, but I dunno if he'd sell now... but I guarantee it would be better value for money than ANY of the Sukhothai residences, I've seen some advertised for 60-70 million... they would not compare, if not just for the sheer uniqueness of the property.

From Vertigo, you can look over the back edge of the balcony bar and see the penthouse for yourself... awesome. To spend a million USD on a 'regular' unit at the Sukhothai is crazy IMO. Unless you MUST live in Thailand and just don't care about spending your money, I just don't see the value, there are so many other places in the world to buy and live if you are that cashed up...

I think I saw a 120m2 unit listed at just under 1m USD.

That price is INSANE!!!

1 million USD for 120sqm in bkk??? That's just plain stupid.

For reference, if you look at the "360 degree view" on the Sukhothai website, you'll see right at the beginning of the 'aerial view' the condo in front of the Banyan Tree with the arch on the penthouse... I know the owner of that penthouse, he is a half-vietnamese/half-portuguese (or brasilian, I can't recall) Yacht-builder/designer. I know he purchased that ENTIRE penthouse for around 1 million USD a few years ago. Now THAT is a unique property, well worth a million USD (and a senior member of the "Central" family lived BELOW him haha). 4 elevators come up right to his foyer (or is it 2, I haven't been there in over a year, but he used to throw a lot of parties up there), but regardless it is BADASS. He has everything integrated, stereo, lighting, EVERYTHING (partly because he was seriously injured in a car accident in Miami, and was wheelchair-bound for quite some time, so he couldn't get around to turning lights on/off, etc., he re-couped in bkk).... when dusk comes, all of the lights come on incrementally until darkness falls.... there is a big pool on one side, a huge terrace on the other, and the penthouse itself is just incredible... one of the best properties I've seen with my own eyes here in bkk.

2 years ago I remember asking if he'd sell it for 40-45 million... (not that I had the money to buy, I just wanted to know if he would sell, as he said he had people asking him, and he didn't spend that much time in bkk - and jeez he had some stories about pirates in Southern Thailand, he said they were the 2nd worst in the world, next to somewhere else I can't recall)... he said no at the time, but I dunno if he'd sell now... but I guarantee it would be better value for money than ANY of the Sukhothai residences, I've seen some advertised for 60-70 million... they would not compare, if not just for the sheer uniqueness of the property.

From Vertigo, you can look over the back edge of the balcony bar and see the penthouse for yourself... awesome. To spend a million USD on a 'regular' unit at the Sukhothai is crazy IMO. Unless you MUST live in Thailand and just don't care about spending your money, I just don't see the value, there are so many other places in the world to buy and live if you are that cashed up...

100% agreed, its beyond me why anyone for that matter would spend that kind of cash to live in a condo, ok penthouses are a exception. As for resale good luck with that it would be you and the thousands of others that invested in condos. You know what you can get for 1-2 mil. usd in the housing market in bkk 10x the size, and dont try the well as a forigner i cant own land....plenty of foriengers here have houses, if you have that much cash to spend you ought to be smart enough to figure out a way

the largest penthouse at Sukhothai Residences sold for over THB408 Million (THB343,798 per sq. m.) (HK$7,828 per sq. ft.)

1,188.92 sq. m. (or 12,798 sq. ft.) duplex condo with private 18 meter swimming pool

regular condo units there sold for an average of B220,000 per sq.meter

Article

the largest penthouse at Sukhothai Residences sold for over THB408 Million (THB343,798 per sq. m.) (HK$7,828 per sq. ft.)

1,188.92 sq. m. (or 12,798 sq. ft.) duplex condo with private 18 meter swimming pool

regular condo units there sold for an average of B220,000 per sq.meter

Article

Foreign buyers are probably regular guests of the hotel. I have seen one guest giving a Bt1000 bill as tips in the Italian Restaurant last year.

Edited by trogers