Visa Overstay?

hi guys im from the UK im 23 and yep im another guy who stupidly overstayed his visa i wont go into why but i have overstayed for 8months i have just purchased a one way ticket back to london at the end of april. I've been told i can pay a 20,000 baht fine at the airport then i can be on my way ( not sure if this is still true? heard of a friend that her friend payed fine and they still detained him not sure why tho maybe he did something wrong? hope someone can confirm its still ok ) but i was wondering where do i go in the airport to pay the fine and how long should i arrive at the airport before my flight? i dont want to turn up and misss my flight because im stuck with immigration

thanks in advance for the help !!!

Fine is 500 baht per day up to a max of 20,000 baht.

You will pay the fine when you go through immigration on departure. I have never personally heard of anybody being detained unless they did not have the money to pay the fine or some other problem.

You should add at least an extra half hour to pay your fine.

From reports I have seen people have indeed been detained in recent months when the overstay is large and/or suspicions of illegal activity are present. This is to allow time for a police check. Several days in the lock up if they decide to go that route from what I have read.

And usualy no consequences for such a long Overstay for the Overstaying person for entering the country TH the next time?

Only the 20.000.- B. fine and when unlucky some hours, days in detention center?

Thanks, Alfred

Children are not charged for overstay

then i not need a visa for my child!

I have the RP and when my child,with the german passport came in Thailand without a visa,he can overstay how long he want!

I think you mean PR.

Yes a child can remain on an overstay and not pay a fine when they leave.

But I don't feel that it is advisable to do so . There could be many complications that could arise because of not having a visa/etension of stay.

Your child can get an extension of stay with out any problem at immigration for 1900 baht per year.