January 30, 200521 yr I found out on another forum that Acrobat Reader 7.0 is available for download at this link I had Reader 6.0 but it kept causing problems with Firefox (crashing the browser while/after downloading pdf files). It also took forever to start as well... Version 7.0 seems to be a lot better - loads much more quickly, has an option to open the pdf file outside the browser (so doesn't crash it), etc.
January 30, 200521 yr I saw a review (I think it was PC magazine) that also said it runs a lot faster than 6, which I absolutely hated. Man its a dog! I ended up going back to 5 - which does everything a sane person could want. (But I'll try 7 )
January 30, 200521 yr hi' sidely to new speed and stability any new valuable improvement? I'll try it too thanks for link francois
January 30, 200521 yr Author sidely to new speed and stability any new valuable improvement?francois <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Haven't played around with it long enough to know if there are other improvements but speed and stability are enough for me!
January 30, 200521 yr I downloaded Acrobat Pro V7.0 a few days ago but it seems that you can only register/activate it if you live in Euro or the States. Has anyone managed to do it from LOS Edited January 30, 200521 yr by Thetyim
January 30, 200521 yr There is an alternative called Foxit PDF Reader (which is also works on Win 98 and starts up immediately) viewer/reader for PDF (eBook) documents. Foxit PDF Reader is less than 1MB to download and doesn't need lengthy installation (just download, unzip, and run). It works with all types of PDF documents you might have, with high display quality. Supports different languages including most Asian languages. You can zoom in/zoom out or rotate page display, copy text information to other application, search text in PDF document, and print PDF documents. Version 1.2 build 0115 includes text search capability. The download links: http://www.download.com/3000-2079_4-10313206.html http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
January 30, 200521 yr Thetyim - If you have a "legal" version of Acrobat Pro v7, it can be activated/registered from most places in the world, via internet, phone, mail or fax. Adobe also provide registration support in various languages. For more details, check this link. For info: Adobe Reader 7.0 system requirements: Windows - Intel® Pentium® processor - Microsoft® Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, Windows XP Professional or Home Edition, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition - 128MB of RAM - Up to 90MB of available hard-disk space - Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher Macintosh - PowerPC® G3 processor - Mac OS X v.10.2.8 or 10.3 - Up to 35MB of RAM - Up to 125MB of available hard-disk space For additional operating systems check here. NOTE: Acrobat Reader 7 will not install on systems running Win98/98SE/ME or earlier. Check here for latest Windows compatable versions. cheers
January 30, 200521 yr ...and if you want a program that converts PDF to text, there's one available here http://www.verypdf.com/. It's called, errr, PDF2txt.exe
January 31, 200521 yr Thanks Waldorf but that is not it. I downloaded it from the Adobe online shop so it is a 30 day trial. I want to activate it. The help file in the application doesn't have a working link. The adobe site has a link to an activation demo but that doesn't work Maybe I have to wait for the trial to expire but that seems a funny way of doing it.
January 31, 200521 yr Thetyim,You may try this kink: http://www.warezfreaks.com/warezadobe.html <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Nice link, condo
February 1, 200521 yr problems with this program for me include, flashing evertime my wallpaper changer changes, and frequent re-installations out of the blue. i took it off. another weird thing that either happened with tuneup utilities or some nasty stuff i downloaded, eveything from my documents file would up inside winrar, i "luckily" lost only all my system software tweaks. it was strange, i could move it, but then deleting it in winrar deleted it in my documents. i still have a bunch of stuff caught up in winrar.
February 1, 200521 yr problems with this program for me include, flashing evertime my wallpaper changer changes,...<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I get the same problem with "DUMeter" - an Internet traffic graph that I have in the corner of the screen. When I'm using Acrobat 7, it constantly flickers - never happened with the older version of Acrobat.
February 1, 200521 yr Thanks Waldorf but that is not it.I downloaded it from the Adobe online shop so it is a 30 day trial. I want to activate it. The help file in the application doesn't have a working link. The adobe site has a link to an activation demo but that doesn't work Maybe I have to wait for the trial to expire but that seems a funny way of doing it. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Thetyim - If I remember correctly, Adobe does not support trial version of their products and therefore said products cannot be "activated" or "registered". If you download directly from the Adobe website, the product is (or should have been) "registered" at time of download. Re-registration should not be necessary. Suggest you email their support group or check their forum. (Note to readers: This post relates to Acrobat Pro, not Acrobat Reader.) cheers
February 2, 200521 yr Waldwolf, I downloaded "Acrobat 7.0 Pro Try Out Version" from the adobe shop. You are right the download version is automaatically registered when you download it but it must be activated to stop the 30 day trial expiring. When I click on "Buy Acrobat" the website opens and includes this message " Welcome to the Adobe Store! Please select your country from the flags above to purchase Adobe Acrobat 7.0 software. The offer is only available for the countries listed." Thailand is not listed.
Create an account or sign in to comment