A Few Laps At Bira This Weekend?

BigBikeBKK

Will you ride BIRA this weekend?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Saturday? Sunday? Both? None?

• hel_l yeah! I'm going for the whole weekend!
    • I can only make it on Saturday
    • I can only make it on Sunday
    • I'm a soft cock and won't make it at all

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey all!

I hear that BIRA will be open on Saturday and Sunday: BIRA Track Days

"This weekend Bira is open to all. Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th.

Track time is 9am to 12 noon

TB1,000 per track bike."

Seems the rumored trip to Loei this weekend is not going to happen, so I think I'll go hit BIRA instead.

Can't really make both days, so I'm leaning towards Sunday, but if any of you guys would prefer to go tomorrow (Saturday) I could do that as well. Lemme know asap, ok? I've never ridden BIRA so would prefer to go with some folks who are familiar with the place.

Happy Trails!

Tony

0419BRCMe1.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Coolio!

Quick replies from Trent and Travelmate- they will truck their bikes down to BIRA on Sunday morning.

HawkHill and I are going to meet at the Bang Chak gas station on Suwintawong / Highway 304 at ~0730 Sunday am and ride down to the track together. Here's a map in case anyone else wants to join us: (Just ride out on Ramkamhaeng until it ends and take a right on Suwintawong / Highway 304.) Ride until you reach the first Bang Chak Gas Station on your left- that's the meeting point:

SuwintawongMeetingPointMap.jpg

Sounds like the R1 boyz (Anthony and Pete) are still having issues with their bikes... :D Kottan still waiting on parts for his bike too... :o

C'mon Zzinged and Ithailian! I know you guys wanna go too! Hope to see you on Sunday! Anyone else wanna go? Chime in!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Everyone looking forward to a fun morning at BIRA tomorrow morning?

Zzinged has class, Anthony's R1 and Kottan's VFR aren't ready yet, haven't heard from the Ithailian and I'm not sure if CoolFusion was able to get his R1 sorted today or not...

Anyway, Trent, Andrew, Derek and I are still headed to the track bright and early. My first time riding BIRA- Can't wait!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Only just read this thread so missed this weekend but when is the next one or is it any weekend when no big races.....where do you get the info on open days? Are there any afternoons either as i like my sleep and prefer to go in an afternoon if possible.Thanks

^ Well, as it turns out you didn't really miss much yesterday- Fun ride down but just as we were about to reach BIRA it started to rain... :o

The wet track was very slick (someone went off turn one...) and didn't dry out until about 11, at which point half a dozen speed demons went out and ripped it up for the remaining hour. Derek, Trent, Andrew, Jim and I were not in the mood to pay 1000 Baht each for an hour on the track so Trent and Andrew headed back to Bangkok while the rest of us rode to Pattaya for a little afternoon entertainment.

Ah well- better luck next time!

Oh, and if you want to see what days the track is free, just check the BIRA website: http://www.bira.co.th/

BIRA Calendar: http://www.bira.co.th/n5-calendar.php?tpl=...amp;dfYear=2009

Happy Trails!

Tony