The Nation Launces It's Iphone App.

ohobangkok

What is it with the iPhone that so many companies with perfectly good websites want to turn their site into an 'app'... I mean, the thing has a web browser that browses to The Nation (and any other site) just fine.

And then Apple is thumping its chest on how many apps there are.. Yeah, like one for every @*$)(#$# web site out there. :o

Honestly, if you discount all the website-apps and all the silly movement/shake gimmicks then what do you have left.. emmmm Skype, Shazam and a bunch of games, most of which with awkward controls because Apple thought it cute to put just one button on the thing, apparently aiming its products primarily at quadriplegics so they can use it using a straw from their mouths.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

What is it with the iPhone that so many companies with perfectly good websites want to turn their site into an 'app'... I mean, the thing has a web browser that browses to The Nation (and any other site) just fine.

And then Apple is thumping its chest on how many apps there are.. Yeah, like one for every @*$)(#$# web site out there. :o

From what I have seen, people who have the new Iphone and the read the Nation (or say they do) will be a good match.

Nah, I like the iPhone. :o Just having a bit of a rant because it's Friday. (But indeed I'm unlikely to install the The Nation app even if it did offer something that the website doesn't. )

I wish TV could make this site a little more mobile friendly.

It's a widely used forum package.. Not much TV can do to reduce it other than a paid option that doesn't show ads. :o

And in your settings you can reduce the number of posts per page, and you can turn off avatars, and you can block people you don't want to read anyway like sriracha john. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai