Too Much Sticky Rice!

junki3korean

Avoid eating too much sticky rice, it has a high GI value and is believed to promote diabeties in the Issan population.

As for being bunged up, you need more vegatables in your diet, complex carbohydrates are lacking in the average diet - steamed sweet corn can get things moving without resorting to laxative methods.

Brown rice is good - but the locals will consider it 'prison food'.

If you are eating rice as a filler, try to switch to soups - filling without the heavy carb payload.

Hi Guys been in Issan for the festive season and been having sticky rice every meal I have.

I`m having a hard time going to the toilet :o feels like im shitting bricks out!!

Anything I can take? I still want to eat sticky rice.....

Andy

I wish I had that problem. Every time in Issan I have the opposite problem.

Edited by katana

More Veg in my diet??? so more som dum???

I`m trying to impress the parents by eating all this different Issan food, But theres just some I can not do :o

The other day I went to buy some Pork from the markets.....I couldn`t believe that the pork was left out in humid tempreture with flies covering the damm pig! Still I prayed and ate it with sticky rice for dinner....Luckily had no Problems :D

Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Andy

>I couldn`t believe that the pork was left out in humid tempreture with flies covering the damm pig!

Wot flies? - don't notice them anymore.

Larger market places will supply kidney beans - make a nice chilli, that will provide some more fiber in your diet.

I have heard a lot of people have this problem with sticky rice, I personally have never had it I'm guessing because I have been eating sticky rice since I was a teen. I would think a laxative (as others have suggested) should do the trick natural or otherwise. It is not considered an emergence unless you can't go for more than 3 days and have pain or severe discomfort at which point you should seek medical attention.

Hi Guys been in Issan for the festive season and been having sticky rice every meal I have.

I`m having a hard time going to the toilet :D feels like im shitting bricks out!!

Anything I can take? I still want to eat sticky rice.....

Andy

I wish I had that problem. Every time in Issan I have the opposite problem.

:)me too.. when I'm in Issan, I can't seem to be able to get more than about 20 feet from a bathroom... and I always carry extra kleenix with me. :D