My Sunday Beef Stew

thaigerd

Hello Gerd, it looks great and I can almost smell it. I am also a fan of slow cooking to bring out the taste of everything, but I use a slow cooker that will take 6-8 hours depending on the amount of food. The only trouble I have is eating too much so that I want to sleep for 3 days after eating.

Cheers!

Hey Gerd, looks great! Please post the details of the ingredients and method of cooking.

Cheers

oops, nearly forgot to answer your questions:

Ingredients:

Neck chain beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms.

Slicing the meat in cubes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Frying until nicely brown, adding the onions and a bit of fresh garlic. Add some tomato paste and fry again. Add some beef stock and simmer slowly until nearly soft.

Add the potatoes and carrots and mushrooms. I've used some bay leaves as well.

Gerd

Gerd - do you use beef stock in that? If you don't mind, maybe you can post your beef stock recipe.

Beef bones, beef trimmings all the cheap stuff. Simmer it in water with a hint of salt, carrots, celery, leeks and a roasted half onion(dont peel!!!)

post-2733-1240921655_thumb.jpg

I like a bit of nutmeg in my beef stock.

Gerd

mmm, what`s with the paddo`s ? :D

...what are paddo's???

Gerd

Lol, paddo`s is a term used for mushrooms used as a hallucinating/stimulating drug. Thought you knew the phrase.

:D

When I was shopping for my ingredients I saw the paddos in the shelf, the last pack and when passing by they started talking to me:"Gerd, take us with you for your stew, we'll give your stew a nice flavour.....".

Guess you are right with hallucinating/stimulating :o .

Gerd

Gerd - do you use beef stock in that? If you don't mind, maybe you can post your beef stock recipe.

Beef bones, beef trimmings all the cheap stuff. Simmer it in water with a hint of salt, carrots, celery, leeks and a roasted half onion(dont peel!!!)

post-2733-1240921655_thumb.jpg

I like a bit of nutmeg in my beef stock.

Gerd

Thanks for that. Some goodies in there: leeks, roasted onion, nutmeg and bouquet garni. :o

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox