Ask Me Anything About Golf In Thailand!

thailandgolf

Thanks mark5335 for your reply.

Is it a must for buggy too?

A buggy is not compulsory at most clubs. I generally pay for a buggy as it provides some protection from the sun (and the rain).

(Buggy fee is usually about 600 baht).

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody, just thought I'd introduce myself since we have taken the opportunity to sponsor this Golf in Thailand forum. Thailandgolfers.com is a new site that offers you the cheapest green fees at some of Thailand's best golf courses, including member-ony courses like Thai Country Club and Alpine Golf & Sports Club.

There are no golf cards (thank god!), just visit the site, choose the course, pay online via credit card and tee it up!

The site is still in BETA but go ahead and try it out, if you come across any bugs or problems, just send us an email, or PM me here and I will try to help you personally.

Interested to hear your thoughts and comments, both positive and negative.

If you have any other questions about golf in Thailand, please also feel free to contact me personally or as usual via posting.

Thanks to thaivisa.com for making this easy, one of the better websites in Thailand to deal with!

Great golfing!

Thailand Golf Team

I guess this is a strange reply, but I am desperate. I live near Chiang Rai and my doc says my broken leg will take 1 year to fully recover. An economically priced, used gasoline golf cart would fill the need of my present situation to get around in a small village. I don't know the range or battery life of an electric cart, but one might be alright. I live on a small Social Security check and must watch my bahts carefully.

I hope you or someone has one I can afford, or can refer me to someone.

Thanks,

Watosh

• 2 months later...
Hi everybody, just thought I'd introduce myself since we have taken the opportunity to sponsor this Golf in Thailand forum. Thailandgolfers.com is a new site that offers you the cheapest green fees at some of Thailand's best golf courses, including member-ony courses like Thai Country Club and Alpine Golf & Sports Club.

There are no golf cards (thank god!), just visit the site, choose the course, pay online via credit card and tee it up!

The site is still in BETA but go ahead and try it out, if you come across any bugs or problems, just send us an email, or PM me here and I will try to help you personally.

Interested to hear your thoughts and comments, both positive and negative.

If you have any other questions about golf in Thailand, please also feel free to contact me personally or as usual via posting.

Thanks to thaivisa.com for making this easy, one of the better websites in Thailand to deal with!

Great golfing!

Thailand Golf Team

I guess this is a strange reply, but I am desperate. I live near Chiang Rai and my doc says my broken leg will take 1 year to fully recover. An economically priced, used gasoline golf cart would fill the need of my present situation to get around in a small village. I don't know the range or battery life of an electric cart, but one might be alright. I live on a small Social Security check and must watch my bahts carefully.

I hope you or someone has one I can afford, or can refer me to someone.

Thanks,

Watosh

Have no idea on gas powered carts but electric powered ones RECONDITIONED run 190,000 baht (unbeliveable) Advertised in Bangkok post

At one stage there were a total of 15 golf cards floating around and as you mentioned most of them have come and gone. Many of the credit cards also offer discounts at the golf courses in Thailand and this is probably one of the reasons many of the cards have disappeared (the other being quite often when you show up all excited with your golf discount card the golf course staff have no idea what to do and will hand it back and tell you they don't accept it). This is one reason why we set up http://www.thailandgolfers.com

Does anybody use any of the Thailand golf discount cards that are around? Seems a lot come and go

Ok 2 questions for you or maybe 3

1st your comments on Siam old course, many people complaining about the carts rule, however what are your views,

2nd any news on the new course at Rayong Green Valley

3rd SRIRACHA INTERNATIONAL any news on this?

Great site I will be forwarding a link to all my buddies oversea’s and in Pattaya,

As for me, if you play golf more than once a week and live in Pattaya you are a fool not to join and play at Siam., absolutely fabulous course.

• 1 month later...