Current Costs For Lasik

davejonesbkk

I am thinking about getting LASIK surgery for my short sightedness (since age of 13) as Im bored of wearing glasses.

What does it usually cost? I have a budget of 50-60,000 baht.

I am also terrified of the procedure cos Im very sensitive about my eyes and cant even put contacts in them. How long dos it take and what's it like?

My mother had it done at BPH. Cost 61,000 baht. She only had problems seeing the computer and reading books ect. She is extremely disappointed with it and can't see much better than before. She has to use a magnifying glass to now read anything as she isn't allowed to use her reading glasses anymore.

After surgery, The doctor told us the surgery is best for people with long distance problems and that this isn't really the solution for people having trouble reading ect.

She's quite disappointed after spending 61,000 baht and its not much better than before surgery.

There are lots of other threads on this forum about this subject and they will mostly end with the overall conclusion that if you want LASIK in Thailand then go to TRSC in Bangkok. My own experience there was excellent. Go for the evaluation, it costs about 1,500 and there's no pressure to have to have the op.