Rain And Thunder

Boater

perfect reason for early drinks,i love rain

You need a reason?

There are only two occasions on which I will drink. When it is raining and when it is not. Dang, looking out of the window I see a sunny cool spring day with hardly a cloud in the sky, seems a beer is in order.

Five days and about one more hour and I'll be getting off flight TG 659 at Suvarnabhumi, add about two hours and I'll be in Pattaya with an ice cold beer. :o

wow, i have not seen rain and thunder like this in BKK in ages !

you can see the lightning bolts hitting all the buildings and the cracks off thunder are very load !

i hope there are not floods now

True, such heavy downpours in Bangkok were not seen for ages. In the last 24 hours over central Bangkok rained 217mm!!! I am here from 2005 and I haven't seen such numbers, not more than 120 mm/ 24 hours and that in the rainiest month September. This April is going to be one of the rainiest in the history of Bangkok :o

The flooding already did start! At least in our soi - the neighbours' house was starting to flood yesterday afternoon, as we crossed fingers the rain would stop. But it started again in the night, and we woke up to find 3 ground floor rooms flooded...

Not looking forward to the rest of the rainy season :o

The flooding already did start! At least in our soi - the neighbours' house was starting to flood yesterday afternoon, as we crossed fingers the rain would stop. But it started again in the night, and we woke up to find 3 ground floor rooms flooded...

Not looking forward to the rest of the rainy season :o

Speaking of flooding, as I prepare to begin looking around for a condo to rent, I was hoping to find references to particular areas that are prone to flooding. I've yet to find anything in my internet searches. Any sources available that anyone knows of?

Most of the smaller sois flood when it really rains. Sukhumvit has been flooded many times so anything is possible! If you are interested in somewhere ask around. There must be somewhere that doesn't flood but I haven't seen it!

Most of the smaller sois flood when it really rains. Sukhumvit has been flooded many times so anything is possible! If you are interested in somewhere ask around. There must be somewhere that doesn't flood but I haven't seen it!

Thanks for your reply, although I was talking more about any kind of sustained flooding. I've waded through water above my ankles a couple of times while visiting, but within a couple of hours it was gone.

Not looking forward to the rest of the rainy season :)

Speaking of flooding, as I prepare to begin looking around for a condo to rent, I was hoping to find references to particular areas that are prone to flooding. I've yet to find anything in my internet searches. Any sources available that anyone knows of?

24 is really bad

Love the Rain and the Rainy Season, but don't care much for the Thunder and those big old Lightening BOLTS, these bad boys can be DEADLY, just last year five buffalos, two farmers were kill under tree(a very bad place to be during a thunder storm) near my Thai friend home In Ubon(Isan) :)