90 Day Visas For Malaysia

Stekmer

Has anyone had any experience of getting repeated 90 day visas on arrival in KLIA or LLCT.

I've been told that it is possible to be given a 90 day visa on arrival and to the leave within 90 days (even for a few days) and then get another 90 visa on re-entry.

I'm thinking of spending the colder months (Australian winter) based in KL and would like to rent an appartment for 3 to 6 months.

Tips on renting an apartment also appreciated - I'll be in KL for a week in mid June 2009 to look around.

Thanks in advance

i think nobody has ever got a "90-days-Visa-on-arrival" at KL, as such thing doesnt exist.

what you get is a simple "Visa-exemption-stamp" in your passport which entitles you to a 90-days-stay.

yes you can leave the country and then come back a few days later and you will get another 90 days - but only if you arrive by AIR ! if coming from Singapore crossing the land border at Johor Bahru, for example, you will usually only get 30 days (though a few days ago when I did exactly this, I was awarded a 90-days-stamp, dont know why).

I know someone living at KL since several years on 90-days-entry-stamps and so far, nobody at the immigration desks questioned him.

though, there is no guarantee of course.

but if you just want to spend a few months there, making use of your 90-days-period and then coming back after a few days out of the country for a second period of 90 days, you should not experience any problems at all.

some immigration points are particularly easygoing and outright welcoming (f.e.: Langkawi), so if you will ever experience problems at any other location, chose them for your next entry

Edited by siam2007