Goat Meat

Thanks people. I'll try soi 24 and if no joy it's off to khlong toei just down the road.

got any goat meat recipies ye wanna post? I had a goat curry once at the Notting Hill parade in the UK that wasn't bad, popular ingredient in caribbean cuisine...I believe that goat and mutton are interchangeable in malay cuisine when 'kambing' is indicated like with satay bought from street vendors...

I see that folks sometimes have got herds of goats grazing by the road when driving out in the countryside but haven't seen any in the local market...

You can buy most (locally grown) exotic meats in MAKRO at very reasonable prices... around 250 baht per kilo, plastic sealed, and branded.

I don't remember the brand though... but all exotic meats there are the same brand. At the frozen meat section.

Lamb, goat, rabbit, turtle, wild boar, deer, frogs... and more!!! :o

You can buy most (locally grown) exotic meats in MAKRO at very reasonable prices... around 250 baht per kilo, plastic sealed, and branded.

I don't remember the brand though... but all exotic meats there are the same brand. At the frozen meat section.

Lamb, goat, rabbit, turtle, wild boar, deer, frogs... and more!!! :o

If I remember well, the name of the brand is "lamaai" or something like that. Try their deer filet, this quality will cost you a small fortune back in Europe. (take the most expensive of the 2 deer products they have, around 500 baht/kg)

Thanks people. I'll try soi 24 and if no joy it's off to khlong toei just down the road.

got any goat meat recipies ye wanna post? I had a goat curry once at the Notting Hill parade in the UK that wasn't bad, popular ingredient in caribbean cuisine...I believe that goat and mutton are interchangeable in malay cuisine when 'kambing' is indicated like with satay bought from street vendors...

I see that folks sometimes have got herds of goats grazing by the road when driving out in the countryside but haven't seen any in the local market...

Can't think of a recipe off the top of my head (just google 'curry goat') but can tell you the main difference between jamaican and indian curry is the inclusion of thyme, the wickedly hot scotch bonnet chilli and ground pimento. Thyme's easy to find here, allspice is available in whole and ground form but quite expensive, and although sold in Emporium, the scotch bonnets I purchased were nowhere near the real thing. Out of curiosity I also bought some yellow 'fatali' chilli peppers, which to my surprise and joy matched the scotch bonnets in every way except shape!