Uae Says Thaksin No Longer Welcome There

sabaijai

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the UAE would kick him out or even give him up to Thailand as the threat will always be there:

"If I go my money goes with me"

He must be a pretty big depositer in the UAE's tax haven bank accounts.

UAE set to pounce on Thaksin

By: THANIDA TANSUBHAPOL

Published: 1/07/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

MANAMA : The United Arab Emirates has promised to expel ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and send him to Thailand if he is found in Dubai. While the two countries do not have an extradition treaty, there is a reciprocal arrangement that allows for the exchange of fugitives.

The issue was raised in talks yesterday between Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya and his UAE counterpart, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, on the sidelines of the meeting of foreign ministers from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries in Bahrain.

Mr Kasit said Thailand had already sent six fugitives to the UAE as requested by Abu Dhabi.

Sheikh Abdullah admitted Thaksin had stayed in Dubai, Mr Kasit said.

... continue here

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 1/07/2009

Today, the Malaysian's New Straits Time have a small photo of Thaksin on the front page, referring to the above news in their world news section.

"da' mysterious man - with da 1000 Faces, Names, Aliases...

"I don't give a hoot"! comes to mind.... why are the people, papers,

media so obsessed with this fugitive?

But then TiT!

Concerning this I just LOVE Veeras outbreak Editorial/Opinion in the BP about the recent poll

which stated that even the "ordinary thai" embrace corruption as a get rich quickly scheme -

so no wonder that some want to go as far as a stringent "re-education" or even deny such

people the right to elect their hero's...

I, on my behalf think now: "let them, let them do it, if "they"

(based on a [proper referendum of course, not just one million signatures!)

wish that he should be granted an amnesty,

given his "face" back and the key's to the nations treasury.....

well give it all to him - the cure will be

faster, then trying to do it this way and allow him to question Democracy!

Get him back, pardon him, dissolve the house and let him rebuild as he wishes...

it will be fabulous - sure!

He is saying it al the time - only he can do the trick -

he will create riches and fortunes certainly for everybody,

no more rice farming, no more veggie harvesting,

no more hardship, he will blow it all away, all... that can be taken for granted!

After all he may resort to much more heavier tactics and even if he will be pardoned -

then he might insist that the powers to be and the people beg him to come back -

if not - he won't!

Imagine, think how threatening, that would be!

an entire nation deprived of a possible life in heavens, in paradise - unimaginable tough,

what a nightmare that would be!

Edited by Samuian

:) Since I joined this forum, I've always been amazed by the number of, sometimes very cruel, white Farang Judges... :D

At the same time I am very curious what those same white Judges would say about any Thai Judges in their own home countries...if there would be any of course.

Although the system is far from perfect, Thailand should be happy they have Thai Judges and not Farang...there wouldn't be enough prisons and executioners.

LaoPo

:) Since I joined this forum, I've always been amazed by the number of, sometimes very cruel, white Farang Judges... :D

At the same time I am very curious what those same white Judges would say about any Thai Judges in their own home countries...if there would be any of course.

Although the system is far from perfect, Thailand should be happy they have Thai Judges and not Farang...there wouldn't be enough prisons and executioners.

LaoPo

Ask the Italians, if there's one thing in life that has to be it's: order