Thai Airways Need Passengers Medical Records

george

Any word if the medical records are required for domestic flights with Thai Air?

The key to this is stopping the foreigners bringing their disease into Thailand. On domestic flights why not just hand out a large selection of colourful antibiotics instead of the peanuts, there must be a stockpile of out of date antibiotics somewhere which can be bought by Thai Airways from a friendly supplier at special prices.....

Stop foreigners bringing thier desease? I didn't know the swine virus was a farang desease. I guess that the SARS virus or the chicken flu is a thai (Asian) desease maybe other countries should stop thais coming so they don't bring thier bird flu with them.

I agree if this is a farang desease what are thais so worried about. Now if this was a human desease I would understand thier concern.

Farangs aren't human they are just a conveyance for thick wallets. Just a word of adivice for all you farangs who love spicy thai food as I do. Don't eat if it gives you a runny nose like me or you may be wisked out of the restuarant and deported.

Edited by chiangdan

I think it's a great idea to not allow people with flu like symptoms or any other symptoms of illness to board an aircraft as the air is recycled and it has been shown in many studies that when an ill passenger with a virus that can be transmitted via air is on a flight longer than 8 hours that 65% of the passengers come down with symptoms. That being said I understand that they are using some sort of heat scanners to monitor passengers temperatures as they board aircraft to see if they are with fever. As far as medical records go that is kind of useless.

really don't think this will happen. With all the political unrest in the country and the economic downturn the thai tourist industry is in a shambles. Thailand is doing everything it can to get farangs to come and spend thier money, free accommadation cheap airfares. (haven't seen any real evidence of this but that is what they are offering) I fly in and out of thia every 28 days (go to Melbourne for 2 days) and have noticed the steep decline in passengers on the planes they are only half full. If they stop people who have a sniffle or sneeze whilst checking in simply because of a little dust in the air then they will be flying empty planes. Anyway I am flying out again on the 9th so I will check it out 1st hand.

Good to get an eyewitness accounting of what's been going on re: the decline in air travel. Thanks.

Edited by venturalaw

really don't think this will happen. With all the political unrest in the country and the economic downturn the thai tourist industry is in a shambles. Thailand is doing everything it can to get farangs to come and spend thier money, free accommadation cheap airfares. (haven't seen any real evidence of this but that is what they are offering) I fly in and out of thia every 28 days (go to Melbourne for 2 days) and have noticed the steep decline in passengers on the planes they are only half full. If they stop people who have a sniffle or sneeze whilst checking in simply because of a little dust in the air then they will be flying empty planes. Anyway I am flying out again on the 9th so I will check it out 1st hand.

Good to get an eyewitness accounting of what's been going on re: the decline in air travel. Thanks.

I to fly in and out every month and have to agree there is a decline in passengers. See you on the flight maybe Lavarack I also go on the 9th guess there will be the 2 of us at least.

I new they would stop flying pigs when Thai stopped advertising booze.

With 600 confirmed cases of flu, mostly in Mexico and no Thai airways flights that originate in Mexico (I think) this global hype is getting silly. If anyone had any sense they would just start up the smoking section on flights again thus removing the panic from a cough and catching the rare virus in the sticky mess the air filters would become

I think it's a great idea to not allow people with flu like symptoms or any other symptoms of illness to board an aircraft as the air is recycled and it has been shown in many studies that when an ill passenger with a virus that can be transmitted via air is on a flight longer than 8 hours that 65% of the passengers come down with symptoms. That being said I understand that they are using some sort of heat scanners to monitor passengers temperatures as they board aircraft to see if they are with fever. As far as medical records go that is kind of useless.

And that explains why I get a cold EVERY time that I take a plane back home or to come here. It started when the smoking was not allowed any more in the planes. Somebody told me that before that time they sprayed the planes but don't do it now anymore, except on cetain airlines....Don't know if it is true but I get a cold every single time!!!!!

A small detail : the symptoms always appear 3 or 4 days after I have been on the plane. So, I think that with the flu it would be the same. That means, people that have already the symptoms and take the plane would know that they are going to contaminate others.....But, when is it contagious? During the incubation or when it is declared? Somebody knows?

I new they would stop flying pigs when Thai stopped advertising booze.

With 600 confirmed cases of flu, mostly in Mexico and no Thai airways flights that originate in Mexico (I think) this global hype is getting silly. If anyone had any sense they would just start up the smoking section on flights again thus removing the panic from a cough and catching the rare virus in the sticky mess the air filters would become

It seems like it's a bit hyped. The problem is that nobody know how many cases there are in Mexico. It could be as many as a million. That would explain why so many ppl leaving Mexico carry the virus. In that case only a few gets very sick, and its not worse than a seasonal flu.

Seems like just one more reason for not flying with Thai Air!

What earthly reason would anyone want to see a person's medical record for? I happen to be down with a touch of seasonal flu at the moment, but as the symptoms are mild and recovery certain, I've not been near the doctor, so no trace of this on my records! Just a load of BS by an airline that is rapidly sinking into oblivion.

2009 H1N1 :) Apparently in Canada a farmer has transmitted the virus to his pigs........so should it be called swine flu.?.... masks and scanners are not proven to work and could prove to offer a false sense of security.....!!

Edited by dee123

On Thailand, one can just walk into a clinic and buy a med cert for 100 Baht. No examination needed.

All school student buy that for enrollment day. Also workers buy that when they join a new company.