Nhl Hockey Playoffs

Hi,

Is there a place anywhere in Bangkok to watch NHL hockey?

Or is there a way to get Canadian sport channels here? (Slingbox...)

Playoffs are here, would like to see some games.

Thanks. :)

Now is the Ice Hockey World Champion Ship. Is there something reporting about that in Thailand??

No?!

Are there some Thais playing ice hockey??

Hi,

Now is the Ice Hockey World Champion Ship. Is there something reporting about that in Thailand??

No?!

I doubt it but what about if there is a Person, such as the OP, in Thailand who wants to watch it, can he/she then post here & is that ok with you ??

& lastly, <deleted> does " Is there something reporting about that in Thailand " actually mean because it isn't a Language that i understand ??

Hi,

No?!

I doubt it but what about if there is a Person, such as the OP, in Thailand who wants to watch it, can he/she then post here & is that ok with you ??

& lastly, <deleted> does " Is there something reporting about that in Thailand " actually mean because it isn't a Language that i understand ??

if you don't understand that, how tf can you understand Thais.

supposed you live in Thailand?

and

what languages do you speak except English??

Edited by Birdman

Hi,

Thanks. :D

No?!

if you don't understand that, how tf can you understand Thais.

supposed you live in Thailand?

and

what languages do you speak except English??

:D

Explains a lot to me, i don't understand Thai's ( & wouldn't dream of ever saying i did ), trust me i don't, but i doubt i'm alone on that either...

I don't speak any other Languages unfortunately neither, at least not enough where i think i can & regulary make a Fool of myself when writing/speaking it, anyway.

But this thread isn't about me & you so..............

Long live the NHL, a very very underated Sport & GO BLACKHAWKS ( if they're still in it which they normally aren't by this stage )

PS : Birdman, if you reply, is the fact that this Guy is in Thailand ok with you as a reason why he posted this thread ??

Just curious as you ignored that part of my post previously...:)

Edited by MSingh

[PS : Birdman, if you reply, is the fact that this Guy is in Thailand ok with you as a reason why he posted this thread ??

Just curious as you ignored that part of my post previously...:)

Question: Was there ever a Thai ski jumper?

[PS : Birdman, if you reply, is the fact that this Guy is in Thailand ok with you as a reason why he posted this thread ??

Just curious as you ignored that part of my post previously... :)

Answer = I don't know & i don't care..

Can you answer my question now at the third time of asking please ??

ahm...? a penguin?

ahm...? a penguin?

I revert you & everyone else reading this to the first line of my second post on this thread...

Long live the NHL, a very very underated Sport & GO BLACKHAWKS ( if they're still in it which they normally aren't by this stage )

Well this might bring you joy but none for me. The Hawks took out the Flames in 6. The Flames had been in meltdown mode for about a month, now they are out golfing :)

Do a search here on TV (ThaiVisa) for something called ASN ( All Sports Network ). There was a thread on it just this past week.

It's a new channel that True/UBC supposedly will be adding effective this June 1 (less than one month from now). Supposedly, its focus will be broadcasting a whole range of U.S. sports, including hockey (and football, and basketball, etc etc...)

Just how satisfying the new channel will be, remains to be seen.

As a matter of act, there is. At Imperial Lad Prao there is an arena, and they have "pick-up" hockey games several nights per week.

ahm...? a penguin?

At the Chiangmai zoo.

Got anything constructive to add to this thread?

In reference to the original question, I don't know but would like to, because the Vancouver Canucks (my home team) have won their division, and if they make it to the end, I'd like to catch these games.

Hi,

www.atdhe.net

If your bandwidth allows for it. Early morning viewing works for me though.

Do a search here on TV (ThaiVisa) for something called ASN ( All Sports Network ). There was a thread on it just this past week.

It's a new channel that True/UBC supposedly will be adding effective this June 1 (less than one month from now). Supposedly, its focus will be broadcasting a whole range of U.S. sports, including hockey (and football, and basketball, etc etc...)

Just how satisfying the new channel will be, remains to be seen.

Thank you very much for that. Will check it out, might be worth it.

BTW: do you know how much that would be, already have Platinum UBC package (2000 baht per month).

Hi,

www.atdhe.net

If your bandwidth allows for it. Early morning viewing works for me though.

Thank you, already tried that. (buffering a lot)

Found www.justintv though, works pretty well. Watched Detroit-Anaheim game last night. (NHL hockey is back on that site)

I and others haven't seen anything from True on the pricing of their new sports channel (ASN) coming June 1. But the general impression is, it likely will be added to their existing Gold and Platinum lineups as part of those packages.

The change is part of a broader reshuffling -- BBC Entertainment, STC and Animax out, and ASN, Nickelodeon and AXN Beyond in.

I and others haven't seen anything from True on the pricing of their new sports channel (ASN) coming June 1. But the general impression is, it likely will be added to their existing Gold and Platinum lineups as part of those packages.

The change is part of a broader reshuffling -- BBC Entertainment, STC and Animax out, and ASN, Nickelodeon and AXN Beyond in.

I talked to Truevisons yesterday and the new channels will be in substitution of the three being canceled (hence, no new charges for AXN Beyond, ASN or Nickelodeon).

Until we get ASN in June, no worry, there will be about 10,000 soccer games on instead in May.

This web site - http://www.myp2p.eu - is another pretty good resource for finding and watching streaming versions of U.S. sports.

Thank you, found this one recently. Indeed, pretty good site. (like the forum part)

Gives you games per day and which stream they are on.

Thanks anyway for your reply, much appreciated. :)

Was just wondering if there is a possibility to watch hockey somewhere on TV, always better than computer..

Guess I'll have to wait till June..not too optimistic about ASN sports channel though.

If you read the background about ASN, it indicated they have a license to broadcast NHL games in Asia, along with various other U.S. pro sports. The question, of course, is what mix of different sports they will bring to the channel. They also supposedly have the license to broadcast a variety of college sports. So I think it will be very interesting to see how they balance college vs pro, and the amount of different sports they decide to show, even within individual seasons.

There are a variety of "sports" pubs around BKK, and particularly in the Sukhumvit area. Some have many screens and can show many different games at a single time. And I believe I've seen even some that promise if a game is being broadcast, and customers want to see it, they'll change the channel to accommodate the wishes of their customer. Can't remember which one made that promise though...

All of the various major Asia-accessible satellite sports channels can be found in pubs around BKK. The unanswered question, though, is which existing Asia satellite feed or station, if any, is carrying NHL content???

The ASN/NHL press release said:

"NHL programming, which will broadcast on All Sports Network (ASN) at

the start of the NHL’s 2008-09 season, will include more than 130 NHL

regular-season games, the NHL All-Star game, NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and

Stanley Cup Final, as well as NHL highlight programs."

If TrueVisions adds ASN on 1 June then I'd think there would be some Stanley Cup games shown, at least some of the finals?

Can't wait for next season's outdoor game, rumored to be at Fenway Park.

The ASN/NHL press release said:

"NHL programming, which will broadcast on All Sports Network (ASN) at

the start of the NHL's 2008-09 season, will include more than 130 NHL

regular-season games, the NHL All-Star game, NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and

Stanley Cup Final, as well as NHL highlight programs."

If TrueVisions adds ASN on 1 June then I'd think there would be some Stanley Cup games shown, at least some of the finals?

Can't wait for next season's outdoor game, rumored to be at Fenway Park.

Thanks for the info, can't wait till the 1st of June :)

I strolled into Sports Academy, the lovely pool venue above Thermae, between Sukh. 13 and 15, to check pool action on the challenge table. The first thing I saw was a big-screen TV showing a hockey game. Figured this must be Sports Center highlights. But the action continued without goals being scored. By golly, they were showing an actual Stanley Cup playoff game. Where did they get that???

I asked the owner, Risto, who told me that he somehow tapes the game from his computer in the morning, then replays it starting around 7pm. the same evening. The game being shown was from the day before. Risto claims to do this for dam_n near every playoff game. Moreover, the game is shown in high-definition on a big screen, and the picture was indeed great. It's a non-smoking venue, with smoky balcony outside.

So you might want to take a look in Sports Academy any evening to watch the previous day's game, or games. Challenge pool is only 20 baht, only if you lose.

I strolled into Sports Academy, the lovely pool venue above Thermae, between Sukh. 13 and 15, to check pool action on the challenge table. The first thing I saw was a big-screen TV showing a hockey game. Figured this must be Sports Center highlights. But the action continued without goals being scored. By golly, they were showing an actual Stanley Cup playoff game. Where did they get that???

I asked the owner, Risto, who told me that he somehow tapes the game from his computer in the morning, then replays it starting around 7pm. the same evening. The game being shown was from the day before. Risto claims to do this for dam_n near every playoff game. Moreover, the game is shown in high-definition on a big screen, and the picture was indeed great. It's a non-smoking venue, with smoky balcony outside.

So you might want to take a look in Sports Academy any evening to watch the previous day's game, or games. Challenge pool is only 20 baht, only if you lose.

Thank you! :) Will check it out soon.

PS: how many pool tables do they have? Can you get your own table for about an hour? (Ball in Hand in soi 4 charges per hour, good tables.)