Can You Help A Thai Student?

Thippawan

Hello Thippawawn,

First, I'd like to congratulate you on your excellent English.

Are you still looking for responses to the questionnaire? I opened it but note that it is directed at tourists/people on vacation. Please do note that most people who regularly read Thai Visa forum do not fit that category. Most people reading Thai Visa are longer-term residents who would possibly have different attitudes to tourists in many ways and thus your sample might be affected.

By the way, as an Australian I am very aware of the strict customs and quarantine regulations which operate there. Some merchants here are aware of this, too, but many are not, I think. Australia will not allow import of many items commonly used in handcrafts here (elephant dung in paper, nuts and seeds used in various items or as stuffing material for toys, and so on). You can find the list of regulations online. These regulations are very carefully enforced -- and for good reasons, too, but that's another topic!

All the best with your work :).

That is what I thought also, his/her too good English. After 40 years of speaking and writing this, for me, second language, his/hers is a lot better... and that for a Thai :)

Hello Thippawawn,

First, I'd like to congratulate you on your excellent English.

Are you still looking for responses to the questionnaire? I opened it but note that it is directed at tourists/people on vacation. Please do note that most people who regularly read Thai Visa forum do not fit that category. Most people reading Thai Visa are longer-term residents who would possibly have different attitudes to tourists in many ways and thus your sample might be affected.

By the way, as an Australian I am very aware of the strict customs and quarantine regulations which operate there. Some merchants here are aware of this, too, but many are not, I think. Australia will not allow import of many items commonly used in handcrafts here (elephant dung in paper, nuts and seeds used in various items or as stuffing material for toys, and so on). You can find the list of regulations online. These regulations are very carefully enforced -- and for good reasons, too, but that's another topic!

All the best with your work :) .

G'day WaiWai :D

I knew coming to this forum that this maybe the case. Still I am hoping that I will be able to use some, if not all, of the surveys. A good many of the surveys that I have received are incomplete, probably because people got bored and quit due to its length. I will not be able to use these. But still I want to thank everyone who took the time to take the survey.

I did not know about Australian import regulations you mentioned in your post. Other countries may have something similar. I will have to research this area so that this information is made available to Thai manufacturers.

Cheers,

Thippawan

p.s. thanks for your comment regarding my English. It does take me a long time to write these posts!

As an example I sent one of the CMU graduation elephants to Perth Australia for my grandaughter. After a considerable time (Elephants travel slowly) she was contacted and told that the elephant could not come to Australia as its filling was made of some plant material.