Going To Buriram To See Phanom Rung & Muang Tam

halo dear members

Im planning to visit Buriram, with the objective being to visit Phanom rung & Muang Tam. I'll go directly from BKK (havent decided whether should go by bus or train) on 4th june in the afternoon. Can you help on the transportation & its cost once I get to Buriram?

Some of my friends tell me that if i want to visit Phanom Rung, it's better to go to Nang Rong instead since it's nearer to the temples. How do i get to NangRong, Is there any bus available from Buriram bus station to NangRong or is there any other mode of transportation I should consider? or is the bus from BKK to Buriram will pass NangRong. Plus, what should I take to get to the temples from NangRong, bus? motortaxi? tuktuk?

How about train? will taking a train from BKK to Buriram enable me to get off at Nangrong station?

I dont have really much time for this trip, so I consider visiting Phanom Rung very early in the morning, then to Muan Tam, and get back on the bus/train in the afternoon to go to Phimai. Do you guys think it's possible? but it also depends on the departure time from BKK -- most probably I'll go from BKK in the afternoon.

thanks so much for your help

ALi

halo dear members

Im planning to visit Buriram, with the objective being to visit Phanom rung & Muang Tam. I'll go directly from BKK (havent decided whether should go by bus or train) on 4th june in the afternoon. Can you help on the transportation & its cost once I get to Buriram?

Some of my friends tell me that if i want to visit Phanom Rung, it's better to go to Nang Rong instead since it's nearer to the temples. How do i get to NangRong, Is there any bus available from Buriram bus station to NangRong or is there any other mode of transportation I should consider? or is the bus from BKK to Buriram will pass NangRong. Plus, what should I take to get to the temples from NangRong, bus? motortaxi? tuktuk?

How about train? will taking a train from BKK to Buriram enable me to get off at Nangrong station?

I dont have really much time for this trip, so I consider visiting Phanom Rung very early in the morning, then to Muan Tam, and get back on the bus/train in the afternoon to go to Phimai. Do you guys think it's possible? but it also depends on the departure time from BKK -- most probably I'll go from BKK in the afternoon.

Having been to all of those temples more than once, I would say if you are in a hurry, Phanom Rung (which is spectacular) and Phimai (which is extremely well done) should take care of what you are seeking unless you have an unusually strong interest in also seeing Muang Tham. I had a car when I went, so can't help you with that aspect.

halo dear members

ALi

I live in Nang Rong, you can take the bus from Mo Chit they leave about every hour 246 baht first class with a coke and cake and a meal at the half way stop, takes five and a half hours. It's a long trip to do in one day better to stay overnight.

Places to stay The Honey Hotel just across the road from the bus station or maybe The California.

Take you around thirty minutes to get to Phanom Rung.