Liverpool In Bangkok

thaimiller

Leo was 40baht, so... i had that going for me. that game was pure novelty. there is absolutely no point in discussing the merits of any player on the pitch last night. pure novelty.

:)

The power of advertising !

One team had Carlsburg on their shirts and the other had Chang

I think I'll have a Leo............ :D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leo was 40baht, so... i had that going for me. that game was pure novelty. there is absolutely no point in discussing the merits of any player on the pitch last night. pure novelty.

:)

The power of advertising !

One team had Carlsburg on their shirts and the other had Chang

I think I'll have a Leo............ :D

well, the best was going to the Coca-Cola stand and they didn't have any Coca-Cola. red Fanta. how opportunistic...

back to the game, all bias aside, do you scousers rate it as worth it? I watched it on TV and must say it was a chore. Thai team had 3-4 shots at goal, only one hit it, and went in. Too much play in the middle of the park.

it was a training exercise james, nothing more, nothing less to help the players get fit. the game was dire but it gave the thai fans a chance to see some players. these games are never good because of the amount of subs etc used during a game. I would imagine the friendly agaisnt athletico we have soon will be better as the fitness will be higher and rafa will field more or less his first team

ok, i only ask because from what I have read and seen (on sports highlights) the two games we played against Malaysia were full of chances, lots of action.

I really don't see the relevance to be honest mate, now if you say you saw us create loads of chances and you never when we drubbed you last season at the Theatre of Silence I would still not really see the relevance. Did you play with a first team out against the mighty malaysia (who managed to score two) or make lots of changes etc.

or we can talk about villareal winning 27-0 in a friendly a few days ago, they are what they are mate, fitness games and money spinners and really give no indication to anything to be fair, if we won last night 10-0 and created 40 chances i still would not put any credence on it as it means nothing at the end of the day

hmm relevance is paying 2500 baht to watch crap football...period. I think if you checked our line-up, rooney and co played alot over the two games - not 10 mins.

BTW, noticed no names on the back of the shirts?

Edited by bkkjames

hmm relevance is paying 2500 baht to watch crap football...period. I think if you checked our line-up, rooney and co played alot over the two games - not 10 mins.

again I fail to see the relevance, are you saying that even with rooney playing you just scraped by 3-2 against malaysia, or are you saying it was worth the money because rooney played.

Also last night I was not disappointed with who played, good to give the fringe players a chance and the top players also played some part.

as for squad numbers, again I must be really stupid to miss the point you are trying to make with this, what exactly is the relevance of names on shirts in a worthless pre season friendly, I noticed it but really could not be bothered thinking up some conspiracy as to why no names were on shirts, you know why? because it's not relevant James :)

you really must try harder on these wind ups, at least come up with something that could be remotely relevant :D

again I fail to see the relevance, are you saying that even with rooney playing you just scraped by 3-2 against malaysia, or are you saying it was worth the money because rooney played.

Also last night I was not disappointed with who played, good to give the fringe players a chance and the top players also played some part.

as for squad numbers, again I must be really stupid to miss the point you are trying to make with this, what exactly is the relevance of names on shirts in a worthless pre season friendly, I noticed it but really could not be bothered thinking up some conspiracy as to why no names were on shirts, you know why? because it's not relevant James :)

you really must try harder on these wind ups, at least come up with something that could be remotely relevant :D

I don't know what you are on about, I just thought it was a shitty game and wondered if you lads felt the same. About the shirts, my Mrs pointed that out while we were watching, I said I don't really know but will ask the question.

I don't know if it is relevant or not to have the names on the back during the preseason, it was just fu_cking question.

Shit, if I was half a paranoid as you appear to be, I wouldn't leave my house.

I don't know what you are on about, I just thought it was a shitty game and wondered if you lads felt the same. About the shirts, my Mrs pointed that out while we were watching, I said I don't really know but will ask the question.

I don't know if it is relevant or not to have the names on the back during the preseason, it was just fu_cking question.

Shit, if I was half a paranoid as you appear to be, I wouldn't leave my house.

I already told you my thoughts on the game, without rose tinted specs, the names on shirts is a non issue and probably means that there will be more signings so squad numbers have not been issued yet.

paranoid? I am not paranoid mate, just used to spotting subtle wind ups :D

back to the game, all bias aside, do you scousers rate it as worth it? I watched it on TV and must say it was a chore. Thai team had 3-4 shots at goal, only one hit it, and went in. Too much play in the middle of the park.

I will ask you the same question about the Utd pre season games shown on the TV, did they excite you? or a chore? Not really exciting on the telly if not a big match right? Exhibitions, pre season's are enjoyed when you are there in person for fans of the club.

When I watch games live, I watch movement of players of the ball also and positioning that you cant appreciate on TV which mainly follows the ball and action. formations players first touch and other details. Anyway some great moves in bits and bats. So I was impressed.

Thought the Thai goal was very good, and they kept the game moving as the Liverpool lads were visibly struggled with the humidity and trip.

Come on Devil, take off your rose tinted glasses, whether on TV or lin person, that match was a complete bore. Even caught Rafa nodding off a few times during the match :)

You come across as a right tool James, if you didn't enjoy it while watching a pre season on Thai Television that's fine.

Just state that and be done, but then you kind of go on a little hunt to dig up or stir up an argument with Liverpool supporters on here then get all touchy when questioned.

Considering you've never been to see Utd, well you just had your chance its only a quick flight over to Malaysia, not really a supporter are you James.

No doubt you will have some excuse why you didn't go, but we are led to believe you are Mr Utd and we are to be questioned if it was worth it watching Liverpool in Bangkok. That's what supporters do James go and watch their team when the opportunity comes along not bleat on about another teams pre season.

indeed, they're nothing more than a training ground kickabout. i feel sorry for people who paid a lot of money to go to the match but at least they got to see some of their heroes in the flesh i suppose

. most important thing about pre-season games is not picking up injuries.

I will ask you the same question about the Utd pre season games shown on the TV, did they excite you? or a chore? Not really exciting on the telly if not a big match right? Exhibitions, pre season's are enjoyed when you are there in person for fans of the club.

When I watch games live, I watch movement of players of the ball also and positioning that you cant appreciate on TV which mainly follows the ball and action. formations players first touch and other details. Anyway some great moves in bits and bats. So I was impressed.

Thought the Thai goal was very good, and they kept the game moving as the Liverpool lads were visibly struggled with the humidity and trip.

Come on Devil, take off your rose tinted glasses, whether on TV or lin person, that match was a complete bore. Even caught Rafa nodding off a few times during the match :)

You come across as a right tool James, if you didn't enjoy it while watching a pre season on Thai Television that's fine.

Just state that and be done, but then you kind of go on a little hunt to dig up or stir up an argument with Liverpool supporters on here then get all touchy when questioned.

Considering you've never been to see Utd, well you just had your chance its only a quick flight over to Malaysia, not really a supporter are you James.

No doubt you will have some excuse why you didn't go, but we are led to believe you are Mr Utd and we are to be questioned if it was worth it watching Liverpool in Bangkok. That's what supporters do James go and watch their team when the opportunity comes along not bleat on about another teams pre season.

Devil, firstly, I hope you are as brave the next time there is a meetup in Bangkok. As for justifying why I didn't hop down to Malaysia, I don't really feel the need to give any reason to anyone - especially a one-eyed scouser. But since you asked, I have a two month old son that supercedes any trips to KL. Sorry if that doesn't meet with your approval but then again, I don't honestly give a flying turd what you think others should do.

As for the game in question, I can say if it was Utd against Thai team, and it was as boring as the LP game, I would bloody well be the first one to say it. But I am glad you got to enjoy it, it really will make my weekend much more relaxed knowing it.

Come on Devil, take off your rose tinted glasses, whether on TV or lin person, that match was a complete bore. Even caught Rafa nodding off a few times during the match :D

Exactly!!!

What a great opportunity to go and see YOUR team.

He couldnt manage it when in Manchester, and he cant even manage an hours flight. :)

James is definitely NOT a true supporter, just a distant fan.

And before you play your " Ive got a young baby " card. That doesnt seem to stop your going out to Soi Cowboy, and arranging piss ups! :D

Excuses, excuses :D

Exhibition games and practice games, are exactly that. If I were to watch City pre season, probably boring and unexciting to most people, but as they are my team, I would enjoy watching no matter how bad the game was.

Any football supporter would be the same.

Exactly!!!

What a great opportunity to go and see YOUR team.

He couldnt manage it when in Manchester, and he cant even manage an hours flight. :)

James is definitely NOT a true supporter, just a distant fan.

And before you play your " Ive got a young baby " card. That doesnt seem to stop your going out to Soi Cowboy, and arranging piss ups! :D

Excuses, excuses :D

Exhibition games and practice games, are exactly that. If I were to watch City pre season, probably boring and unexciting to most people, but as they are my team, I would enjoy watching no matter how bad the game was.

Any football supporter would be the same.

Pretty funny JD, at least you have a sense of humour. Glad to hear you would go to KL to watch City play.

As for the piss-up, if you recall, I didn't go to the last one. As for Soi Cowboy, it's on the way home. :D

now now james, no need to threaten people about meet ups etc, you just come across as a keyboard gangster. And to be fair do you actually know any scousers or is your opinion of scousers based on the jealous hatred of other utd fans who sing songs about us even you are not playing us. get to know us, you might like us, also all liverpool fans are not scousers, scouse is the term for people who actually come from liverpool, and as such your hero rooney is a scouser, would you abuse him for being a scouser, maybe you should have phrased your question to 'liverpool supporters' as opposed to scousers as I am sure all the liverpool fans on here are not scouse.

and in case you were wonder the term for someone from manchester is 'city fan' :)

To be fair Dave, with H1N1 spreading all over the place, why would they want to get close up to the fans. Micah Richards is only just recovering from it. I reckon this season we're gonna see a lot less of the intimacy players normally have with the crowds.

Edit. However, not to even wave is a bit off.

Sorry, maybe I havent been up on the news, one catch pig flu from waving at the fans?

I don't know whether you are up on the news or not james but i know that you don't read posts properly. My ref to H1N1 was obviously about the players going upto the fans, you can deduce that quite easily by the fact that I add at the end "However, not to even wave is a bit off". Read properly before jumping in with your size 12 Skating Boots. eh :D

and in case you were wonder the term for someone from manchester is 'city fan' :)

Nice touch there redscouse, nice touch :D

Pretty funny JD, at least you have a sense of humour. Glad to hear you would go to KL to watch City play.

As for the piss-up, if you recall, I didn't go to the last one. As for Soi Cowboy, it's on the way home. :D

If I had never seen my football team play, then as a supporter I would absolutely travel 1 hour on a plane to see them :D

Re Soi Cowboy, nowt wrong with going there, bit downscale for me, but horses for courses :D .However my point is that if you can get out of the house to go drinking with your mates down SC, then you could easily afford the time to go and see your football team in KL. You choose not to, fair enough.

But please dont come on here as though you are 'Mr Man United', the faithful and long standing supporter, because you aint :)

here is my video of steve macmahon dancing before the game

Funny :) I saw that also, got to love those Tesco dancers.

Another moment was when Liverpool went 1 -0 up the massive scoreboard said it was Thailand leading1-0 up :D

I saw Paul Masefield (Football Focus Pundit) who had been working in the ground for the past two days coordinating events also noticed after some of us in our section shouted out 'look at the score board' and he had to tell the other staff.

Took nearly 10 mins before they changed it, TIT.

Here's the proof I took a pic.

post-48660-1248421193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Devil

But please dont come on here as though you are 'Mr Man United', the faithful and long standing supporter, because you aint :)

Every time james posts, you can hear the cringes from Redrus and Nev here in Saudi :D

james is very good entertainment i come on here for a good laugh and wind up and i dont need to, i let our resident oot united lad do it all for me :D

now now james, no need to threaten people about meet ups etc, you just come across as a keyboard gangster. And to be fair do you actually know any scousers or is your opinion of scousers based on the jealous hatred of other utd fans who sing songs about us even you are not playing us. get to know us, you might like us, also all liverpool fans are not scousers, scouse is the term for people who actually come from liverpool, and as such your hero rooney is a scouser, would you abuse him for being a scouser, maybe you should have phrased your question to 'liverpool supporters' as opposed to scousers as I am sure all the liverpool fans on here are not scouse.

not a threat, more of a promise :D but then again, I could play along with Dev and just call him a lil boy. But that seems so Newcastle.

If I had never seen my football team play, then as a supporter I would absolutely travel 1 hour on a plane to see them :D

Re Soi Cowboy, nowt wrong with going there, bit downscale for me, but horses for courses :D .However my point is that if you can get out of the house to go drinking with your mates down SC, then you could easily afford the time to go and see your football team in KL. You choose not to, fair enough.

Mr Man Utd, coming from a net Citizen, I will take that as a compliment JD. And you Mr. BJ, no need for them to cringe, the best part of me being 'not qualified and not born and raised Manchester', is that it's even more satisfying.

Playing along with you guys, if nothing else besides wasting alot of time, allows me to feel just a tiny tiny bit like SAF. Lucky guy he is. And to think he gets paid a fortune to do it.

Edited by bkkjames

Every time james posts, you can hear the cringes from Redrus and Nev here in Saudi :D

james is very good entertainment i come on here for a good laugh and wind up and i dont need to, i let our resident oot united lad do it all for me :D

they don't get more oot than James :D

just a thought though, do you actually have to have been in a city before you can be considered out of it :D