Liverpool In Bangkok

thaimiller

I don't think it will be a sellout, no. Please tell us how it turns out getting tickets. You should know if you get a seat costing 1350 baht in the Kop for this match, which is the whole East section, you also get a free scarf.

Good news for me is I just found out a friend I used to work with in sales in Bangkok is working for the company promoting this, not sure if Profitable Group or a Thai company working on it. She said she'd get tickets for me. Three cheers for her! Now, if only she'd let me thank her. :)

Edited by Jimjim

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liverpool are doing much better than the last time they were over so I think it'll probably sell out. Like Andy says, I bet there are queues when sales open but they'll still be available for a while. Prices are a bit high though, which could come back to bite them.

10 years ago the top seats were already 2000 baht

so 3000 baht today ...well i guess isnt too bad is it?

jimjim , andy

exactly same thing happened to me some months ago. somebody else posted, but it showed up as me.

then to make matters worse, he tried to send me a PM to ask/explain, and the PM arrived my inbox as coming from me!!!

as if Im not confused enough with my life as is :D

admin tried to look into it, but never figured it out I think.......

:)

Can't get my tickets yet.

I have just been to the only outlet selling tickets on Phuket. At the Adidas store at Central Festival Dept Store.

I had called the ticket hotline yesterday in Bangkok to confirm they would be on sale here today, which they confirmed. Got there early to wait outside the store and saw another 10 or so people waiting also and a couple of westerners. One guyl came up to me to ask about tickets, guessing cause I had the Liverpool shirt on :D .

I was the first into the store and to ask about tickets. The manager said tickets wont be coming until Monday for Phuket? and she had no other info such as ticket allocation and seating and just a cut out in Thai from a Thai newspaper for prices.

A Thai guy seemed miffed and said to her they will all be sold out for best seats to Bangkok before they go on sale in Phuket. I then asked if we can reserve with her as I know they are free seating, she said yes! so we all gave are names, Tel No. etc and which tickets we wanted based on pricing...

Considering her reservation system was consisting of pink post its notes with lots of peoples names and numbers :) I am not too optimistic now.

I called the ticket hotline up again and a girl speaking perfect English said they should be on sale in Phuket now and said What! why cant you buy them? That's what I said also? :D She said this cant be the case of waiting until Monday??? She gave me her name and took my number and promised to get back to me ASAP.

Well no call back as yet must be lunch time by now...I am now considering calling my mate in Bangkok (who hates footie)to get of his arse and go get me my tickets

TIT :D never a dull moment is there...

How did the rest of you get on?

Edited by Devil

Devil - KOP tickets are selling fast. If you are in a bind PM and I will give you the email contact of a mate of mine who is the GM for Profitable here (warning though, sometimes he is not that quick to reply to emails).

Have tickets :D

The kop?

Yes, as far as I know. Mate just e-mailed me to confirm he's got the tickets.

Like wise, as James said if youare still having problems I will put you in touch with someone who can get them. BTW his names not Stan Flashman. :)

Would be cool if a few TV footie fans going to the game where up for a kick about before hand on the day or before although I plan on getting to the ground a few hours before kick off and traveling up from Phuket. We can try get a Liverpool v Thailand game going :)

Have tickets :D

The kop?

Yes, as far as I know. Mate just e-mailed me to confirm he's got the tickets.

Like wise, as James said if youare still having problems I will put you in touch with someone who can get them. BTW his names not Stan Flashman. :)

Note to Scousers - above you will see to random acts of kindness offered by UTD supporters. While no doubt you believe deep down that on such occaisions we would tell you to go f yourself, we in fact do care for our Merseyside neighbors - Everton that is.

Devil - KOP tickets are selling fast. If you are in a bind PM and I will give you the email contact of a mate of mine who is the GM for Profitable here (warning though, sometimes he is not that quick to reply to emails).

Thanks for the offer :) will wait until Monday though to see if the Phuket store keeps their promise.

Got my most important chant prepared anyway!

He's fat... he's crap... hes always f_ucking nakered.... Peter Reid Peter Reid.

Thanks for the offer :) will wait until Monday though to see if the Phuket store keeps their promise.

Got my most important chant prepared anyway!

He's fat... he's crap... hes always f_ucking nakered.... Peter Reid Peter Reid.

For a minute there I thought you were gonna say.

He's fat, he's bald, got ulcers of the gut - that Rafa is our man.

For people who have been this stadium before, with free seating what are the chances of overbooking and being left standing room only?

zero. it's LP we are talking about. :) not much if you have a ticket mate. security will be very high and no gate crashers aloud.

The ticket hotline called me back. It was the GM I think from Profitable Group. She was very helpful and said she well ensure tickets get to Phuket Store on Monday and has just called the Store Manager now to confirm my tickets and will call me again when arrived. And said don't worry and said sorry for the delay getting tickets to Phuket on time.

Thought that was great service!

Apparently they have already allocated tickets for Phuket's Liverpool fans so should be plenty of choice available in the Kop also. Only VIP tickets can be bought direct from them (Profitable Group) but would have to collect them in person in Bangkok.

She confirmed The Kop has no roof section but will out give free Liverpool scarfs.

I decided on the 2,500 baht tickets instead as covered (in case it rains and the girlfriend has a fit) and will collect Monday :)

Don't have tickets yet but my friend said she'd get them for me as she's working for Profitable Group in Thailand. A little bit anxious as I'm not in Thailand and she didn't respond to my emails today, yet, but I figure it's a busy day for her...If not I'll be seeking Kop tickets by other means on Monday.

Devil, did you see this seating map earlier on the thread?

post-33126-1242977856_thumb.jpg

Don't have tickets yet but my friend said she'd get them for me as she's working for Profitable Group in Thailand. A little bit anxious as I'm not in Thailand and she didn't respond to my emails today, yet, but I figure it's a busy day for her...If not I'll be seeking Kop tickets by other means on Monday.

Yes I did thanks mate, came in very handy.

You are correct Jim, I spoke with the guys at lunch downstairs at my office, they are very busy today a PGroup and hence why she probably has not come back to you. Is your's the friend with the nice legs? :):D

It would be good to hear reports from anyone who's been successful in getting tickets so far today. Were there queues or was it pretty quiet? Has anyone called the hot line and purchased tickets by credit card that way?

It would be good to hear reports from anyone who's been successful in getting tickets so far today. Were there queues or was it pretty quiet? Has anyone called the hot line and purchased tickets by credit card that way?

Ticket Hotline told me. Cant buy by credit card, only buy at stores... Profitable group said you can send money via ATM for VIP tickets only but must collect from them in BK.

They must be figuring they're going to sell out anyway thus the rationale for making it difficult to get tickets any other way than in person. Also, perhaps they don't want too many web-savvy foreigners or potential scalpers having easy access to tickets online. Probably that and they want a lot of customers in the Adidas stores to help sales of Liverpool paraphernalia.

For people who have been this stadium before, with free seating what are the chances of overbooking and being left standing room only?

zero. it's LP we are talking about. :) not much if you have a ticket mate. security will be very high and no gate crashers aloud.

LP?? Question to anyone who has been here before... my Mrs is upset there is no seat allocation so she won't get tickets as feels it will be a disappointment and seats will be a free for all? Comments anyone?

A disappointment? This is general seating, which happens all over the world in various venues. Surely you realize this just means you need to get the venue as early as possible to get the best seat? Also, a little weird that you think general seating means they will oversell. They won't oversell, they have a set amount of seats in the stadium and a set amount of tickets for each section based on the amount of seats in the actual stadium. They're not going to be selling tickets for seats in the air. :) It is general seating but they are not benches, there are seats. There's no standing area anywhere. I've been there, don't remember any benches with numbers for places like many places in the U.S., even, but just simple seats are the norm. Not expensive seats or nice, really, but fine for a couple of hours. Anyway, there is not going to be any standing room only, not sure where you get this idea. It's not assigned seating beforehand, but it's one person per seat. My comment? Don't take the missus if she is upset about that, go yourself if you want to and take someone else.

Arrived at Profitable Group head office this morning at 1030hrs, would of got there earlier but the public bus broke down :)

It's right next to Nana BTS Station, Soi 6 side of the road. Address- Two Pacific Place Building, 20th Floor.

Was surprised to see no queue's, but was told that they were expecting it to get busy at lunchtime.

My mate asked for 4 tickets in either the North or South Zone but which of these Zones had the scoreboard. After looking at her Zone Map and my print outs of the stadium for a few minutes she confirmed she didn't know. :D My mate said no worries i'll have 4 for the North Zone, to which she told us "Good, because South Zone all sold out". We had to laugh :D

I noticed the person before us had bought about 10 tickets, so i tried my luck and asked for 7 in the Kop (East Zone), which was not a problem. I asked her afterwards how many tickets each person could purchase and she said four with a little :D

A very happy Boycie. :D

PS. The South Zone tickets have all been sold to Tesco Lotus.

Tickets are not for sale via the internet(eg Ticket Major) because Profitable Group have to pay commision on each ticket sold.

Adidas shops/outlets are covering there own costs of selling tickets.