Liverpool In Bangkok

thaimiller

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it makes a change for tourists to be ripping Thais off for something, rather than vice versa :) . IMO tickets for this are expensive for an exhibition match. Prices aren't exactly pitched at your run-of-the-mill Thai footy fan are they. However I went into Adidas in Central World today and was told that the East stand tickets are sold out. The cashier only offered me the 2500/3000 baht tickets in the west stand and I declined. I think she was trying to tell me (in Thai) that the East stand is sold out because some people have been buying 50 each, so expect the touts to be out in force. Or maybe she just wanted me to buy the expensive one. Anyway have a good time, all those that are going!

1) Tickets are only available 4 per person

2) As far as I know you can't buy the 3000baht tickets the adidas store, they can only be purchased at the Profitable Group office....

Not true. I was at Profitable Group head office on the first day the tickets went on sale.

I purchased more than 4 tickets as did other customers before me.

Not true. I was at Profitable Group head office on the first day the tickets went on sale.

I purchased more than 4 tickets as did other customers before me.

It would appear that the company has a policy of 4 per person but obviously not all employees/sales outlets are adhering to that. I e-mailed them and got a response from Steve McMahon, who is apparently the group commercial director ( according to wikpedia) for the Profitable Group, and he stated that he could only reserve up to 4 tickets.

Just a note to anyone that's planning to attend this game but hasn't got tickets yet .. get them soon as I believe there are not too many left. All of the lower priced (600 baht) are sold out.

No way have they Sold anywhere near 55k, sorry.

Just a note to anyone that's planning to attend this game but hasn't got tickets yet .. get them soon as I believe there are not too many left. All of the lower priced (600 baht) are sold out.

No way have they Sold anywhere near 55k, sorry.

A mate of mine at PG last night told me that they were above target (at this time) for sales.

Well, reportedly some big fan club or corporation or something pre-bought all of the tickets for the South end, so not surprised to see those sell out. Evidently each outlet has an allotment as well, so some could still be available at other outlets. I think it will be packed, but I bet there will be a lot of scalping as well, perhaps mostly those looking to profit off of fans coming all the way from Liverpool for a little Thailand holiday plus a match, who of course couldn't get tickets in advance all the way from England. I bet that's why so many were buying tickets in bulk, looking to make a little profit.

Anyone know if we can buy them on Samui ??

Bangkok. Pattaya. Phuket. Addidas Shops.

Not great is it?

That's us pretty screwed then, will just take our chances on the weekend of the Game in BKK me thinks.. :)

I don't think it will be a sellout, no. Please tell us how it turns out getting tickets. You should know if you get a seat costing 1350 baht in the Kop for this match, which is the whole East section, you also get a free scarf.

Which will always be handy when you run out of toilet paper.

how do i buy tickets in malaysia? i have been looking for a month now..still cant get anywhr near tickets dealer in malaysia..i been calling up PG kl branch for like 2 weeks and it's totally sold out..can any thailand friends help me get 3 tickets? and i will collect from u on 20th july while i reach bangkok..in desperate now..as flight and hotel have been booked and still cant get a ticket. :)

how do i buy tickets in malaysia? i have been looking for a month now..still cant get anywhr near tickets dealer in malaysia..i been calling up PG kl branch for like 2 weeks and it's totally sold out..can any thailand friends help me get 3 tickets? and i will collect from u on 20th july while i reach bangkok..in desperate now..as flight and hotel have been booked and still cant get a ticket. :)

try calling the profitable group here in bangkok for help.

I don't think it will be a sellout, no. Please tell us how it turns out getting tickets. You should know if you get a seat costing 1350 baht in the Kop for this match, which is the whole East section, you also get a free scarf.

Which will always be handy when you run out of toilet paper.

And will also be useful to ____________....well I shouldn't say it. But anyway, hope to see you soon and punch you right in your teeth. :)

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket updates

Looks like 4 sections are sold out, only 107 tickets left of the cheapest and some left of the tickets priced 1750 and 2500 baht. Looks like there'll be a big turn out. That Kop zone is going to be madness, I predict, to find a good seat. Not sure I want to wait in the heat and humidity for hours just so I don't get stuck in the rafters...we'll see how I feel on the day.

Edited by Jimjim

There will be plenty of tickets going around. After I saw a post a while back that the B1,350 tickets were sold out I asked my mate (Thai) to get on to it. He knows someone who works for the Adidas shop and low and behold a couple of days later 4 tickets at B1,350 in hand.

Not being a Scouse supporter I'm just going for my football fix and a good beer. Certainly not going to be in the ground 3 hours before kick off as someone else posted!

Kind of expensive just for a "fix," don't ya think? Oh, and I've heard you can get good beer at a bar with no cover charge.

Of course I'm going as I'm a Liverpool supporter but not sure I'd pay that much for another club coming to Bangkok.

For my local fix here in the U.S. I just got a ticket for a game two days hence with a view right at midfield. How much? $17 (of course I stupidly bought online and ticketmaster rapes me with fees bringing the total to $25, the ripoff artists).

Edited by Jimjim

There will be plenty of tickets going around. After I saw a post a while back that the B1,350 tickets were sold out I asked my mate (Thai) to get on to it. He knows someone who works for the Adidas shop and low and behold a couple of days later 4 tickets at B1,350 in hand.

Not being a Scouse supporter I'm just going for my football fix and a good beer. Certainly not going to be in the ground 3 hours before kick off as someone else posted!

Not surprised if you not a lifelong fan :)