Found A New Indian Restaurant

canopus1969

Well new for me at any rate !

Place called "Curries" in Soi LK Metro - just off Soi Buakhao.

Went there last night with a friend and had their Lamb Madras - the lamb was tender and more than enough to fill me - superb and only 160 Baht !

Good point - they have their own delivery service :)

Was the 160 bt including the rice ?

I am always on the look out for Indian Restuarents so will have to try this one out - thankyou !!!

No - my Pilau race was 50 Baht and a (very) nice Garlic Naan 50 Baht :)

Was the 160 bt including the rice ?

I am always on the look out for Indian Restuarents so will have to try this one out - thankyou !!!

No - my Pilau race was 50 Baht and a (very) nice Garlic Naan 50 Baht :)

Thankyou, I will certainly be putting the place on my list. Hope the Popadums are good !!

I found the food there pleasant as well on my one visit. Will go again.

Jingthing,

I think I remember reading that you have eaten at the 'Tikka Center' on Soi Bua Khao..

If I'm correct, how do you compare the two.. Is this new place as good as/better than the Tikka Center?

:)

Jingthing,

I think I remember reading that you have eaten at the 'Tikka Center' on Soi Bua Khao..

If I'm correct, how do you compare the two.. Is this new place as good as/better than the Tikka Center?

I will return to Curries. I will never return to Tikka Center where I had a so called chicken tikka masala that consisted of vile tiny chicky chunks in a broth I would liken to Campbell's tomato soup (no spice and I had requested extra hot). 'Nuff said.

Jingthing,

When the 'Tikka Centre' on Soi Buckhaew opened 2-3 years ago the initial take-away's were O.K. and at a reasonable price. Then it went downhill fast, maybe it changed hands, maybe the Chef died, maybe they just don't care anymore. Anyway avoid the place at all costs now.

I must try this new place on Soi LK is it very new?

Edited by syd barrett

50 baht is a bit steep for a plate of rice. But will still be checking it out as I just can't resist a good Indian!

Chicken Tikka Masala....Poppadoms... Naan bread.... watering mouth.... :):D

I ate there a couple of nights ago and was very impressed. Good sized portions of perfecty cooked food. Yes, the Yellow Pilau rice is 50 Baht but tastes great. There is alsoa basic White rice (40 Baht) for those who do not know the difference in taste.

I tried one of the Special Dishes - No 72 Mutton Mittah Gosht (180 Baht) - , which I have not seen on other menus over here. Very nice!

The thing I like about it is that it closes later at 2:00am, so ideal for a meal on the way home after a night on the town, with your girl in tow. Full hours are 11:00am to 02:00am.

A nice touch is that they have a full page of Thai food for your girl. No more of her sitting there looking bored while you eat, or disappearing off to find a food cart in the street, leaving you sitting alone.

Go from 2nd road to Soi Buakhao.

Turn left.

Go about one block.

Turn left.

Curries is up that soi on the right.

That is correct if you go onto Soi Bua Khao using Soi Diana.. but not if you are going down any of the other soi's connecting 2nd Road and Soi Bua Khao.. :)

50 baht is a bit steep for a plate of rice. But will still be checking it out as I just can't resist a good Indian!

50 baht + 160 baht, its all a bit steep, for a curry! :D

Tried a take away recently and was impressed as far as Pattaya curries go.Not 100% authentic and still dont like plastic bags for delivery but the price would increase with better containers.

Overall the tastiest curry i have tried in Pattaya,but the vindaloo is not spicy unless i have an iron stomach.

If you stick a vindaloo on the menu make it taste like a vindaloo,but overall very nice.

Tried a take away recently and was impressed as far as Pattaya curries go.Not 100% authentic and still dont like plastic bags for delivery but the price would increase with better containers.

Overall the tastiest curry i have tried in Pattaya,but the vindaloo is not spicy unless i have an iron stomach.

If you stick a vindaloo on the menu make it taste like a vindaloo,but overall very nice.

were you homesick? take away curries with uk prices :)

For a Thai curry perhaps, but this is Pattaya and Indian food is priced high here. Curries prices is definitely on the lower end of Pattaya Indian places. Try that fancy place on 3rd, same curries would be more like 300 B. If you find the price too high, don't eat Indian in Pattaya or cook it yourself. There are also some buffet places on Pratumnak, about 200B. Overall, the Indian food in Pattaya is not world class but if you are craving this food, those are the options.

Edited by Jingthing

For a Thai curry perhaps, but this is Pattaya and Indian food is priced high here. Curries prices is definitely on the lower end of Pattaya Indian places. Try that fancy place on 3rd, same curries would be more like 300 B. If you find the price too high, don't eat Indian in Pattaya or cook it yourself. There are also some buffet places on Pratumnak, about 200B. Overall, the Indian food in Pattaya is not world class but if you are craving this food, those are the options.

its steep for any curry. Why should indian curries be more expensive here in pattaya? its not expensive food to prepare.

Too many now Just jumping on the bandwagon, they will charge what they can get away with.

I' m a curry fan :D , but for me they generaly represent poor value for money in Pattaya. :D

lots of other good food around at good prices.

A place that offered a good curry at a good price could clean up!

Why should indian curries be more expensive here in pattaya?

It doesn't matter why. They just are. Take it or leave it.

BTW, what you are hoping for, excellent curries at very low prices is NOT going to happen in Pattaya. I agree there are better value options for food in Pattaya, but if you live here, and you crave Indian food, you are a captive audience.

Edited by Jingthing

I would like to know if there is Air con at this new Indian Restaurent, as the Indian Tikka Restaurent which has been previously discussed above did not have Air Con, just a few fans, its nice to be able to eat (especialy hot food) in cool surroundings. Deffinately gonna give it a try though.

I don't think its steep at all for the curry. This is Indian curry we're talking about, Not Thai curry. Every Indian restaurant I have been to, the food is prepared by Indian people. I don't mind paying the price when its being cooked by proper Indians.

Foreign food in Thailand, cooked by foreign people, You just can't get it at Thai prices.

I do however, think that Carrefour's Indian stall is too expensive for what you get... When I ate there, my food was MICROWAVED. None of it was fresh and it was the worst Indian Ive ever tasted!

I would like to know if there is Air con at this new Indian Restaurent

I think not.

An Indian restaurant owner told me the price for wholesale Indian ingredients is much more expensive in Pattaya than Bangkok and it is too expensive to constantly go to Bangkok to source them. Believe it or not, but Indian food isn't cheap in Bangkok either.