Evaluate My Photo

lifeincnx

Here are two versions of the same shot for the purpose of generating criticism, photo witicism and just plain old personal preferences. Have at it.

Very cool: I like the black and white better. I save toning for images that need more impact. Your shot stands on its own.

I think it would be a good illustrative shot for some story or magazine piece.

Here are two versions of the same shot for the purpose of generating criticism, photo witicism and just plain old personal preferences. Have at it.

interesting but pointless.

i prefer the colored version, brings back memories of color airbrushing of b & w prints

i prefer the colored version, brings back memories of color airbrushing of b & w prints

Neither version here was pure color. One was pure b/w (the orginal by the way) and the other a b/w with sepia tone overlay. Regarding the image being "pointless" I'll just consider the source. Your recent b/w flower was good. However, based on your subjective criteria I have to assume it too was pointless. FYI: early b/w prints did not have color air brushed in; each had colors hand painted (tinted) in.

Edited by NomadTad

Neither version here was pure color. One was pure b/w (the orginal by the way) and the other a b/w with sepia tone overlay. Regarding the image being "pointless" I'll just consider the source. Your recent b/w flower was good. However, based on your subjective criteria I have to assume it too was pointless. FYI: early b/w prints did not have color air brushed in; each had colors hand painted (tinted) in.

calm down......

one version was colored.

color air brushing using masks on black and white prints was used in the past, i have personally used this technique using coloured dyes.

there is nothing at all wrong with an image being pointless that is having no point

:)

calm down......

one version was colored.

color air brushing using masks on black and white prints was used in the past, i have personally used this technique using coloured dyes.

there is nothing at all wrong with an image being pointless that is having no point

:)

"there is nothing at all wrong with an image being pointless that is having no point" Wow. Now that is some incredibly meandering haiku there.

calm down......

I think also you should do the same within your posts.

Thank you.

Samples of your posts:-

as a picture its a mess...... 1 out of 10

delete it from your file and never look at it again

Or, "nope that one does not work for me....." would have been better IMHO :D

welcome to the bear pit

Was that in your time as well on ThaiVisaDotCom. It was in my time and was closed a long time ago me think :), so please do not bring it in here :D

oh please, its not that interesting at all, if you translate most of the portraits, especially the wedding ones, to their original image, the pictures are crappy and boring its the fascination in computer manipulation that interests you. i do not see this as photography, its computer art, like using a synthesizer to create classical music!

You could use much better words to express yourself other than, crappy, pointless, boring etc.. and being too negative about most photos. Of course you have helped the forum along with your very positive input and insight into Photography which we all thank you for :D, but your photos, to be quite honesty have failed to impress me, 'The Lotus in B&W' and the 'Monks in a Boat' which left me quite speechless to put it mildly, hence no comment on both of those posts. :D

All I am asking is for you all not to be so "blunt" (insensitively frank or honest: very frank or straightforward and showing no delicacy or consideration) to our fellow Members.

Yours truly,

Kan Win, your Mod on this forum :D

Yes, I like the shot and the B+W version works better for me too. I KAN also see the point in it , but as I've only been in photography 55 years maybe I'm wrong! :)

Anyway, the only thing that disturbs me is the large blacked out tallboy on the right which (imho) somewhat ruins the shot and atmosphere of it. Too eye drawing.

Maybe had (if possible) you'd moved slightly to the left and avoided this it might have been better.

Nice idea and treatment though

Yes, I like the shot and the B+W version works better for me too. I KAN also see the point in it , but as I've only been in photography 55 years maybe I'm wrong! :)

Anyway, the only thing that disturbs me is the large blacked out tallboy on the right which (imho) somewhat ruins the shot and atmosphere of it. Too eye drawing.

Maybe had (if possible) you'd moved slightly to the left and avoided this it might have been better.

Nice idea and treatment though

Thanks for the substantive, objective comments. How refreshing. Wish I could have eliminated the armoire but as I was shooting through a door jam it was the only angle available to me. Tried a crop but it framed the bed far too much for my liking. Well, between us we have nearly a century of making photographic points so that makes two major wrongs.