Alternatives To True Visions?

DavidBrook

Not sure if this is the right forum - apologies if not.

I am roundly fed up with TRUE group generally, and now TRUE Visions is stopping BBC Entertainment, I may just jump the leaking ship.

I have heard of alternatives (not sure if the broadband alternative will work well because their network is also pretty crappy where I am) but satellites and stuff is not really what I know about.

I would love to get BBC news and other Brit TV, movies (of course) and Aussie TV would be a real bonus. Not big on sport so that is not a factor.

Is there anyone out there can tell me if it can be done and if so how? Happy to buy dish and decoders, direct subscription (within reason) and whatever else is needed.

Any and all suggestions well received.

D

Edited by DavidBrook

Well the options are only really if you want to be more technically savvy about it.. AND will depend on if you have nd or can get a relatively high quality connection in Thailand.

Downloads.. Torrents are out there for almost every movie you can think of.. High Def content is out there but you need to look a bit harder.. Theres other sharing groups and clubs (DC++ hubs).. Or usenet.. but of course this is copyright material so not for this forum.

Theres specific sites for uk TV.. Documentary and thinking type progs search for MV group.. You could google uk Nova or TheBox.. hel_l you could just google.. The info is all there to be found..

Theres also streaming sites, again you will need a good connection and to be technically savy (and build a dedicated PC connected to your TV IMO) for this to be a day to day use system.

Theres also 'other ways' to get UBC, and multichoice, and astro, and dream TV.. Suggest you google cardshare and dreambox for answers.

Fact is 'TV' doesnt need to come from UBC, but viewing habits of different people are different..