Any Import Tax On Duvets, Pillows, Bed Sheets And Covers?

sorensen

I am buying some high quality down duvets, pillows and bed linens online and plan to have it shipped from Canada to Thailand.

Will I have to pay any tax/duty on that when it arrive?

What is the best for of shipment, normal mail or FEDEX/DHL?

Robert

You will pay Import Duty & likely much more than what the Tariff actually says for your specific Commodity..

You will get ripped to shreds if you use FED EX..

You may get ripped to shreds if you use DHL..

You should use the Search Facility to learn more on this subject... :)

I am buying some high quality down duvets, pillows and bed linens online and plan to have it shipped from Canada to Thailand.

Will I have to pay any tax/duty on that when it arrive?

What is the best for of shipment, normal mail or FEDEX/DHL?

Robert

Duvets from Canada? stupid question but have you seen weather reports from Thailand?

Duvets from Canada? stupid question but have you seen weather reports from Thailand?

he must have a good aircond system ...

Bring anything here & it will draw import tax, bring it with you will mostly be ok (take a chance)

80% of items send by friends never arrive (polo/parts/medicin), I stop all postal parcels from overseas

The Thais HATE imports of any sort, except cash,!,.expect up to 100 per cent duty with no explanation,and possibly more, they charged me 2300 baht on an item declared at $20,DHL asked me "why you want to import ,you can buy in thailand " i kid you not, only in thailand would a business talk you OUT of dealing with them,.

Edited by imaneggspurt

My girl really IS different from other Thai girls. Only the finest duvets filled with hand picked Reykjavik Eider down can touch her soft and delicate skin. The Italian made duvet cover is hand sewed from Egyptian silk by 100 years old midgets.

That of course is slightly different to the bed sheets I am use to on off-shore rigs. They are usually stiff from the dried in sweat and spunk of the previous guys sleeping in the same bed.

On a more serious note, then you can get really high end down duvets, but I settled for a mid rage quality.

post-67623-1241491674_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to finish the thread off, import tax is 20% to Thailand, so I had it shipped to Brunei. Paid a bit more in shipping cost, but import tax was only 5%.

Time to sleep in with the geese.....ZZZZzzzzzzz :)