Which Bangkok Condos Are Directly Connected To Bts?

Does anyone have a list of Bangkok condos which are directly connected to the BTS skytrain, where you can walk directly from the condo buidling, to the BTS without having to go to the street level?

i know there is one at Ekamai, are there any other nice condo buildings that have that great feature?

Also, does anyone know which buildings currently under construction, will have this direct BTS access feature? thanks!

Does anyone have a list of Bangkok condos which are directly connected to the BTS skytrain, where you can walk directly from the condo buidling, to the BTS without having to go to the street level?

i know there is one at Ekamai, are there any other nice condo buildings that have that great feature?

Also, does anyone know which buildings currently under construction, will have this direct BTS access feature? thanks!

I think they are building some new ones at On Nut Bts which will link straight to it??

I do not understand how being linked directly to the BTS or MRT is a great feature.

One evaluation I have on a pleasant place to live is to check out the colour of tree trunks just outside the project site. A long term occupant of that location will have lungs lined with the same compound that created that colour.

Edited by trogers

Noble Remix on Sukhumvit Soi 36 is supposed to have direct walkway to BTS Thonglor station. Completion and transfer is scheduled for 4Q 2009. If interested to takeover a unit, 60 sqm, 1 bed / 1 bath, reply here or send message (PM)

Noble Remix on Sukhumvit Soi 36 is supposed to have direct walkway to BTS Thonglor station. Completion and transfer is scheduled for 4Q 2009. If interested to takeover a unit, 60 sqm, 1 bed / 1 bath, reply here or send message (PM)

HOw much are u selling?

Ekamai BTS has direct access to brand new medical building and two condo towers (name escapes me). Looked at some apartmens there for rent. Price range 45k to 60k for 2 bedroom.

Unfortunately, due to construction mistake that sales agent admitted to, every unit I saw smelt like sewer.

I do not understand how being linked directly to the BTS or MRT is a great feature.

One evaluation I have on a pleasant place to live is to check out the colour of tree trunks just outside the project site. A long term occupant of that location will have lungs lined with the same compound that created that colour.

Not sure if you know but bangkok gets real hot and sticky. a 3 minute walk to the BTS station can drench someone in sweat. and its more like 5 minutes minimum for non connected buildings. so a building that is directly attached to the second floor of the bts where one has a one minute walk maximum is probqably a good feature to many. also if you go shopping say at siam paragon and have bags or packages to take home to your bangkok condo, wouldnt a one minute walk to your building be more desirable than say a five or ten minute walk?

It's Nusasiri, at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 42.

Then, how does the skytrain save you from dragging your weekly shopping bags from Lotus or Carefour? You will still need a taxi or your own car.

Proximity of BTS is nice for hotels (JW Marriott), serviced apartments and for people who really need to be right on the BTS lines.

Unless you are oriented to the top-tier grocery shops like one at the Emporium (it is directly on the Phrom Phong BTS station, has serviced apartments and some for rent), I see no real value in paying for that.

Not sure if you know but bangkok gets real hot and sticky. a 3 minute walk to the BTS station can drench someone in sweat. and its more like 5 minutes minimum for non connected buildings. so a building that is directly attached to the second floor of the bts where one has a one minute walk maximum is probqably a good feature to many. also if you go shopping say at siam paragon and have bags or packages to take home to your bangkok condo, wouldnt a one minute walk to your building be more desirable than say a five or ten minute walk?

Then people have to weigh the convenience of distance to the constant bombardment of traffic noise and pollution. Ten wheelers or larger will start their travel through the city between 11pm and 5am. And the other times, you get buses and motorbikes.

Even leaving the air-con on 24/7 will not help as fresh air still has to be fed into your condo from the air space above the roads.

Edited by trogers

there are very few condos that are directly connected to the BTS due mostly to difficulties in getting permits from the bangkok metropolitan authorities. nusasiri on suk42 is one of few. NobleRemix initially advertised it with a BTS link but later dropped it (although they still promised it will be done).

having said that, there are a few CBD/SUK condos that are within spitting distance - i mean like really close <30m to the BTS

off the top of my head ... NobleRemix @ BTS Thonglo, Siri38 at BTS Thonglo, Madison @ BTS PhromPhong, Infinity @ BTS ChongNongSi, SathornHouse @ BTS Surasak

most condos that advertise "next to BTS" are typically about 200M away.

I've lived in a condo that was 150 metres from Ratchethewi BTS and now live in a condo about 600 metres from Prom Phong BTS. Assuming that you would mostly use the BTS for travel around BKK, and don't have a car and don't rely much on taxis or motosai taxis, the difference is this: being close to BTS, you don't mind so much going out and returning home, then going out again when close to BTS. Far removed from BTS, you have to plan your day so that you mainly go out and return home only once a day. And, if at the end of the day, knowing that you face a 10 - 15 minute walk from BTS to home, is a depressing thought, because a taxi ride seems wasteful for such a short distance, a motosai ride seems more dangerous if late at night, and a walk in hot, stuffy BKK at night is just not fun, especially when the soi may not have sidewalks, and if it does have sidewalks, there are many ups and downs crossing the sub-sois or entryways, telephone poles and booths, signs, broken pavement tiles are all over, or the sidewalk is dirty, etc.

The ideal distance along a soi to the main road would be within 100-300m. Too near to the main road and you have to live with noise and pollution. Too far and it's a bother to walk.

Any feedback from someone living at Sukhumvit Plus near the intersection of Sukhumvit and Rama 4?

Edited by trogers

The ideal distance along a soi to the main road would be within 100-300m. Too near to the main road and you have to live with noise and pollution. Too far and it's a bother to walk.

Any feedback from someone living at Sukhumvit Plus near the intersection of Sukhumvit and Rama 4?

2 years at Suk +. There or our place before (near the Khluaynamtai hospital, tucked into a small soi off Soi 42) appeared to be the same amount of black dust that gathers after 2-3 days of being away.

At Suk +, it was nice to know there is a BTS station nearby. And just that, to know.

Used the BTS precisely zero times.

Absolutely no ineterest in anything along the BTS line. Even on odd visits to the Emporium, it was before or after something that required a car.

Condo next to Carefour or Tesco (where you can push the troley to your front door) would be more practical.

I don't think having a condo connected to the BTS would mean that you can't own a car. Funny how one person *finds something convenient* but someone else tries to argue that *no, it's not really convenient for you.*

:)

Funny how one person *finds something convenient* but someone else tries to argue that *no, it's not really convenient for you.*

The funniest thing is still to come: a few months after moving in and realizing that BTS (for those not working along it's route) leads nowhere and that any Carefour and the ecosystem around it is as good and has it all as those upscale shopping malls, the person who had "found it convenient" will start reeling: why the hel_l I had to pay 100K baht per square meter when a 20-30K baht near Carefour is as good or even more livable?

And still using the car for 90% of transport needs. Why when the SkyTrain is just downstairs, a short lift ride?

The bridge got scrapped I think. The project is also way behind, not that it really matters.

Funny how one person *finds something convenient* but someone else tries to argue that *no, it's not really convenient for you.*

The funniest thing is still to come: a few months after moving in and realizing that BTS (for those not working along it's route) leads nowhere and that any Carefour and the ecosystem around it is as good and has it all as those upscale shopping malls, the person who had "found it convenient" will start reeling: why the hel_l I had to pay 100K baht per square meter when a 20-30K baht near Carefour is as good or even more livable?

And still using the car for 90% of transport needs. Why when the SkyTrain is just downstairs, a short lift ride?

Centrally located real estate will appreciate faster. I think your comment makes more sense to renters.

The VERVE on BTS On Nut will be. They started Selling a few months ago, however the advertise opening for Fall 2010. The Mock up looks pretty good.

Yeah thats the one, should be deafeningly noisy dirty and smelly right there :):D

I shop around the On Nut BTS area a lot, for Tesco and CareFour there....

But I'm not sure I'd want to live right there next to the station, as the street noise can be pretty loud, and the honking buses going down the road pretty constant...unless you get the penthouse! :) .

Condo next to Carefour or Tesco (where you can push the troley to your front door) would be more practical.

Are you one of those guys who gets dressed before going to bed to save time in the morning?

No, it's just what I would do if I had to live in the BKK city.

If I were to insist on a condo directly on a BTS station, I would live at the Emporium Apartments (Phrom Pong) or Nusasiri (Ekkamai).

Emporium Apartments are only rentals, right?

Checkout The Madison. There is a tops at the doorstep! And its ver close to BTS/Emporium. Price around 140/m2 I think.

Right there, right on the spot. At a price.

Then, why my shopping and my outings (Pattaya, Hua Hin, Koh Samet, Koh Chang.....) require a car like as I live in any of the suburbs or anywhere in Thailand?

Plenty do work along the route though, plenty don't work at all (or work from home), and for sure not everyone shops at Carrefour. 10% of one's transport needs taken care of by the BTS, that's actually pretty good, nevermind that it's an arbitrary figure meant to make a dramatic point. :) Depending on the value of one's time, that could be easily be worth well in excess of whatever one pays to buy a condo or home. That's easily hundreds of hours in time savings per year. Combine that with say hiring a driver, that could easily be a thousand+ hours a year.

:D

Plenty do work along the route though, plenty don't work at all (or work from home), and for sure not everyone shops at Carrefour. 10% of one's transport needs taken care of by the BTS, that's actually pretty good, nevermind that it's an arbitrary figure meant to make a dramatic point. :) Depending on the value of one's time, that could be easily be worth well in excess of whatever one pays to buy a condo or home. That's easily hundreds of hours in time savings per year. Combine that with say hiring a driver, that could easily be a thousand+ hours a year.

:D

I have a friend that moved to Thailand with her elderly mother to the Ari area from the US. Because of her mother's physical conditions she bought a car to get her around. Her condo is close to the BTS (I don't know exactly how close). Every chance she gets to use the BTS and/or subway she does. This includes to and from work every day. Why? She has a car so wouldn't this be better? She does this because the traffic in Bangkok is so bad that she will only use her car when absolutely necessary.

I have a friend that moved to Thailand with her elderly mother to the Ari area from the US. Because of her mother's physical conditions she bought a car to get her around. Her condo is close to the BTS (I don't know exactly how close). Every chance she gets to use the BTS and/or subway she does. This includes to and from work every day. Why? She has a car so wouldn't this be better? She does this because the traffic in Bangkok is so bad that she will only use her car when absolutely necessary.

How handy would the BTS be to get to Bumrungrad or Samitivej hospitals? Nominally, they are on the BTS line. Pretty much the same to anywhere except overpriced N-1 last year's goods in glitzy shopping malls. Even then, dragging your shopping bags back home .

How handy would the BTS be to get to Bumrungrad or Samitivej hospitals? Nominally, they are on the BTS line. Pretty much the same to anywhere except overpriced N-1 last year's goods in glitzy shopping malls. Even then, dragging your shopping bags back home .

Soi Aree to Prayathai hospital is only 10 mins drive away, much faster than walking to the BTS for a trip to Sukhumvit.

I think she found it convenient to meet up with friends at Paragon for high tea, as the drive or taxi ride has to pass through the bad jam at Victory monument. Closest completed condo project to BTS Ari is 300m from the station, and 200m into the soi.

Edited by trogers

:)I live in a small village in Lopburi province... now you have me going around looking at the tree trunks... :D

:)I live in a small village in Lopburi province... now you have me going around looking at the tree trunks... :D

I have been looking at tree trunks since 2003, when I advise developers on land acquisition for their condo projects.

I would think most tree trunks in your small village would be natural bark colour, and not coated with sticky blackish soot... :D