Puea Thai Claims To Have Crucial Video

fraud attempt it would be if the plaintiff comes to the court with forged evidence, for example, or false testimony. is that is the case here?

if the evidence is not enough for the EC, the EC will just not see any reason to bring that case further. file closed. case is dismissed. maybe the defendant and his witty lawyer find a loophole in the law, a procedural error, and they can walk away free.

i don't know what is the evidence here, but i thought a similar case, against the dems, got dismissed before. and those picture of Abhisit and Newin handshake each other have been everywhere in the news, and all the other meetings with Suthep and some banned politicans too. i don't know what is the new crucial video.

Abhisit isn't the clean boy as promised. he is that what is called 'old politics'.

You don't know what the evidence is here, you thought... you don't know, you don't like etc. It sounds to me like you don't know.

A tit for tat case was filed by TRT against the Dems for election fraud in 2006,

and it was used as attempted leverage hoping the TRT case would be thrown out.

It didn't work and TRT was thrown out. And Dems exonerated.

There was no longer a TRT and it's 111 execs. were banned,

so there was no APPARENT reason to try them for fraudulent prosecution.

In retrospect it might have been better to add that to the prosecutable list too.

Might have nailed the lid down farther and better.

Edited by animatic

Oh, HagenvonTronje, you appologist... :)

Could you atleast agree that if the Dems would be dissolved due to ta handshake, then each and every party Thaksin is involved in now and in the future should be dissolved on the same grounds?

I mean, we don't want...what is it the reds are complaining about...ah-yes, 'double-standard'. :D

i don't know what is the new evidence is here. and i don't know how they will plead their case. waht is the NEW aspect here - do you know it?

i know the well known handshake and the red flower pictures. a day of shame for the promised new and clean politics. and i think that must be somehow related to that issue here.

and i noted that in my blurry memory is something like a "case dissmissed issue". i am to lazy to search for.

and actually i think, they will NOT have sucess with their claim.

but i guess they will have something better than just the handshake. dems & newin and others, there have been also assumption that money was involved, if pheu thai think they can prove it and have evidence for any wrongs doings that leeds to an dissolution of the dems. why not file charges.

and now wait for the outcome.

all i said is: it's not pheu thai makes the decision, it's the EC. if the EC finds wrong doings within the Dem's and dem's get dissolved, it's a dem's problem. don't jump on me for that.

and who cares if another party got dissolved or not. why get so emotional with it? relax.

and 1000000 times i heard the thaksin proxy puppet story, if there are hard facts, evidence, and so on, file some charges and see how the EC decided. if i don't join this chant, that doesn't makes me to an thaksin apologists.

Edited by LivinginKata
Tasteless remark removed

So PTP have evidence that Abasith did deals with banned polititions, I wonder if these are the same banned ones who the PTP publicaly failed to buy for, how many million Baht? anyone remember?

Only reason the Dems are in Govt is that the minor parties who went with the Dems to form a coalition Govt were not tempted by the PTP offer.

Probably Abasith made promises of jobs for the boys and girls in order to be able to form a Govt but that is normal practice in a democratic country with a parlimentry system

Seems the grapes dont taste so good when you lose.

So PTP have evidence that Abasith did deals with banned polititions, I wonder if these are the same banned ones who the PTP publicaly failed to buy for, how many million Baht? anyone remember?

Only reason the Dems are in Govt is that the minor parties who went with the Dems to form a coalition Govt were not tempted by the PTP offer.

Probably Abasith made promises of jobs for the boys and girls in order to be able to form a Govt but that is normal practice in a democratic country with a parlimentry system

Seems the grapes dont taste so good when you lose.

Newin and Barnham are not stupid. They are experts at feeling the way the wind is blowing. They knew that Thaksin and the PPP/PTP were finished (except for the last few desparate gasps - see Songkran violence), and they wanted to be on the side that would get them and their consituents the most benefits.

Its easy to understand Thai politics. Look at each person's self interest, and therein lies the direction they will move. Its also easy to understand Thaksin. Whatever he says - just reverse it, and you have the truth of the matter.

if the evidence is not enough for the EC, the EC will just not see any reason to bring that case further. file closed. case is dismissed. maybe the defendant and his witty lawyer find a loophole in the law, a procedural error, and they can walk away free.

You don't know what the evidence is here, you thought... you don't know, you don't like etc. It sounds to me like you don't know.

yes, the only thing i know exactly is that i don't make the decision here, that's the job of the EC, wait what the outcome will be.

files complaints and suits is a hardcore sport for some politican here, like the PAD leader and failed Dem candidate in the 07 election Chaiwat Sinsuwong, one charge and complaint after another. a true sore loser.

but not only him. they sue each other back and forth. look at the MUST READ headline at the moment at The Nation page: Army chief will sue if linked to Sondhi plot.

Samak filed defamation and libel suit around on others and got jail for defamation himself, sae deang recently too, calling higher police officers corrupt, brought the defamation charges on him. sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. newin sued around for got called the leader of the blue shirts and so on. Big Noise.

but okay, i did take a short look in The Nation search engine and the following article could be relevant:

EC warns Pheu Thai over appointing Thaksin The Nation 18.01.2009

It's wrong to accuse the EC of having double standards an interview with a EC member, talks about the involvement of banned issue The Nation 02.02.2009

EC rejects complaints against Abhist, Newin The Nation 19.02.2009

don't ask me what was the burden of proof or the lack of it, for the rejection. the other two articles speaking of the possibility that an involvement of an banned politican can result in dissolution. jurisdiction of EC.

that are the rules here. bring your fact and evidence to the EC.

There is a slight difference between appointing a banned politican to an official party position and having a cuddle whether with Newin or Thaksin.

Unless the Dems really upset the powers that be this case wont go far and PTP know this. It is however a politcal point maker. PTP will keep plugging away at different standards for us and them. TRT/PPP never got disbnanded because a procesion of MPs kept going off to receive orders from banned Thaksin, so the standard will actually be the same. However, the aim is to have more ammo for the red cadres top spread around when they want to demo, oragnise violence or face an election. Thai politcs is simple, and cases like this get publicity. It also tries to move the meme away from the rather bad PR the red, Thaksin and PTP side got over their riot.