Divorce

issanpaul

Hi all, have not been on here for a while,

Nice to be back on again

Now i need some advice again please from forum members in the know,

I am currently in uk at moment ,

my wife has contacted me via email and friend and has requested a divorce,

i sure dont have a problem with this,

problem is she suggest i go to london thai embassy,(all very well buti live in north east uk) and she will go local her amphur to do , is this possible?

and what charges would be incurred to me from embassy Thai london?

PLEASE DONT RESPOND TELEHONE THEM THAI EMBASSY lol, its automated and tere take the pi@@ at £1.50 per minute,

Hence my posting here,

I am hoping to return Thailand in 3 months time,

i am aware of thats is easy to get divorce when i am there mutual agreement (both go amphur and thats it)

but i realy dont want to go far Issan for 1 day if i can avoid it,

I will go buriram see my son again when i come,

Udon Thani (2nd wife) hope dont want to do to see get divorce, so can it be done here as she suggest? or maybe Bkk?

Also i think her family might give me problems if i agree to go there (Udon) there are very influencial to but a betterterm on it,

please post me if you want further about this,

The divorce will and should be ammicable (fingers crossed)

family are another matter/concern though,

i am not afraid of them, i can stand my ground anyway and anywhere in this world but that family are / sorry i mean can be dangerous to my previous marraige Thai Lady and my son ,

(previous marraige to my first wife Buriram she die)

ok sorry to go on and on so i will leave question posting open and thankyou in advance for any replys i get,

i know i will because Thai Visa never let me down yet,

Thankyou

Paul

A divorce in Thailand seems better, as if you both agree to the divorce you can just simply go to the amphur and register the divorce. (You will need to bring both mariage certificates). Any agreements you make about property, child support, costudy etc you can have entered at the same time. So this saves you a lot of time and money.

As you can get married at any amphur, you can probably also get divorced at any amphur.

Firstly an 'embassy divorce' is not reconized in the UK so don't do that, you'll have big problems if you do because it is reconized in Thailand so you'll never be able to marry because the the UK says you're still married but you won't be able to get a divorce because the Thai authorities say your wife is already divorced so can't divorce again.

If you're going to Thailand soon and you both agree to the divorce getting a divorce at an Amphur there is probably your best option. If you haven't got your marriage certificate go to the Amphur where you got married and for 100 baht they will give you a copy of your original marriage registration. The actual divorce is free and you don't need solicitors, but everything is done in Thai so if you don't speak and read Thai try to take somebody with you who does. You have to agree on;

1. the divorce

2. who will have custody and be responsible for any children.

3. how any property, savings, etc to you have both aquired IN Thailand DURING your marriage (normally split 50/50 but you have any split as long as you both agree)

Anything you own outside Thailand is not included, likewise anything either of you owned in Thailand BEFORE you were married is not included.

The whole thing usually takes less than an hour.