Foriegn Quota Vs. Thai Quota

Is it true that a thai cannot resell his/her condo to a foreigner in order to maintain the ownership of a condo property by foreigners not more than 50%, depsite that the total ownership by foreigners is less than 50%?

Also, how can I find out the total % of ownership by foreigners for a particular condo property? from the management office of that property? from Land Office?

How can the seller prove that his/her unit is in foreign quota?

Thanks a lot.

Is it true that a thai cannot resell his/her condo to a foreigner in order to maintain the ownership of a condo property by foreigners not more than 50%, depsite that the total ownership by foreigners is less than 50%?

Also, how can I find out the total % of ownership by foreigners for a particular condo property? from the management office of that property? from Land Office?

How can the seller prove that his/her unit is in foreign quota?

Thanks a lot.

No, it is not true. You find out the total % of ownership by foreigners from the management office. They provide a document to the land department as proof of the foreign ownership %.

Others will be by to give you more specific details.

When a development has not reached near the 49% foreign quota limit, any unit can be sold to a foreigner - Foreign or Local.

When it is near to or at the this limit, only units owned by a foreigner can be sold to another foreigner.

The status of this quota should be given by the juristic office of the development.

Edited by trogers

I think what the OP is trying to ask is

Can a Thai owner sell a condo to a foreigner if the total foreign ownership quota of the building remains under 49% after the sale?

I believe the answer is yes.

Edited by PattayaParent