Setting Up An Office Network

Digitalbanana

On the subject of setting up offices, can someone recommend a away to network data files to share in an office environment where offices are too distantly spaced to connect by cable/network hub? Now we are using email by wireless Internet as main means of sharing data. Is there another way without using public Internet file sharing sites?

Dropbox can be quite useful but it depends how much space you will need as I think they are in the Beta stage and only supply a limted amount of space. I use this between my home office which is outside and my laptop which is in the house.

Use hamachi.. it allows you to have a private network over the internet..just install it one machine and create network then install it on all the machines you want to be in the network and then join them to the network you created ..very good very easy to setup, good encryption and best of all its free......... https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp

On the subject of setting up offices, can someone recommend a away to network data files to share in an office environment where offices are too distantly spaced to connect by cable/network hub? Now we are using email by wireless Internet as main means of sharing data. Is there another way without using public Internet file sharing sites?

Just set up FTP servers on your computers - you can share any folder. There are even free ones like Filezilla. But there are better ones too. This concept should work even if you have offices around the world.

But you write that you use wirless internet to share the data with emails. No need to use emails if the wireless notwork can cover all your offices - just share the folders like in any wired network.

Edited by Johnxxx

What is the distance between the buildings? If it's less than 10km and 4.5Mbps bandwidth is enough, use a phone line between these buildings (NOT installed by Thai!)