Hong Kong And Kuala L Airports

I am living in Chiang Mai but travel sometime thru the Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpar airports. Does anyone know if I can purchase an affordable airline ticket at the Hong Kong or K.L airports to fly to a viriety of places in Asia? I know I can purchase cheap tickets like this at the Chiang Mai and Suvarnabhumi airports.

Thank You kindly

Joe

I am living in Chiang Mai but travel sometime thru the Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpar airports. Does anyone know if I can purchase an affordable airline ticket at the Hong Kong or K.L airports to fly to a viriety of places in Asia? I know I can purchase cheap tickets like this at the Chiang Mai and Suvarnabhumi airports.

Thank You kindly

Joe

Of course you can, most airlines have these last minute standby prices, just got to take your chances.

• 2 months later...
Of course you can, most airlines have these last minute standby prices, just got to take your chances.

and how do you buy such tickets?

Airline counters at the departure lounge

OR even at the airline counters within the Transit Area.

(but perhaps not at the lowest fares)

[Of course you can, most airlines have these last minute standby prices, just got to take your chances.

:) Not anymore. it went the way of trolley food service in 1st class, and the salad bar and soup on EVA in business class.

Capacity cuts over the past 2 years did away with that excess capacity. Why do you think it takes so long to clear the PAX load when there is a delayed flight?

Walk up to a ticket counter at an airport now and you will pay the Y fare, not P or Q fares.

It's no different than walking into a hotel at the last minte and getting the rack rate.