Clip Frames

LivinLOS

I am sure you know what I mean.. Piece of glass, backing, and 6 little metal spring clips to hold it together.. DIY picture framing..

My missus is going through a 'frame loads of photos' phase and wants to make up some of these.. Shes bought some tacky frames so far and went to get a large photo done and not only was it 1500 baht but far more importantly it was naff baroque faux gold and just tacky enough to grace the top of a Liberace piano.

Has anyone seen these anywhere ?? I cant even think of a 'arts and crafts' type store on the island. I am not a happy shopper so for all I know they are readily available in Robinsons or somewhere that I normally run through as fast as I can.

OK thanks.. Simple case of I just need to get over my aversion of browsing shops. :)

Try central later.

When I asked in the photo shop he looked at me like I had two heads.. Probably because he sold the golden horror..

But many Thais love "aff baroque faux gold and just tacky enough to grace the top of a Liberace piano."

I don't think there is even a word in Thai for tacky!

My friend just got one of these frames for a gift. I think it came from one of the small kiosk in the new shopping center with Villa market and HOme Pro.

They said they could make them any size too!

If you can't find a frame to suit then why not go to a professional picture framer. Not so expensive, terrific range of frame edging. I use a small shop on road into Phuket Town from Central. Through first lights (big school), go straight on at next lights (not fork left !), and about 10 shops on left you'll see a small framer shop.

Well I tried the central dept store.. Ended up in the 'idea zone' section where they gift wrap and stuff.. No where else in the store seemed to have any idea.. Well they did have picture frames, but only up to 8x10 and not really the kind of clip frame I was shooting for.. I tried to ask and explain if they had clip frames but they of course deffer straight to my GF and I dont think she has a clear idea of what I am explaining, not having seen them sp explanations and confusion as to why I didnt want the picture frames they had were the order of the day.. So will have a go at Jungceylon Robinsons and Index later..

Reason I am not hunting for a picture framer is its not to hold one picture (except for one mentioned above).. Its where the missus is playing with photos, cutting them up and making photo collages, etc etc.. The freedom to make them and change them is part of it..