Marrying A Thai Girl

Virgil

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm bored with post slagging of Thai woman as gold diggers, etc.

1 post deleted.

not all are gold diggers.

if you love her marry her but leave your money in your home country.we are here only to love and propagate in a loving relationship this is the most important thing you can do,

• 4 weeks later...

SHI* THIS IS AN OLD POST...55555555555555 Annandale : yes, I would recomment a visit there...nice girls...the wife loves it there. Another wat down in Campbelltown, and another one wway down the south coast that I can't remember the name of....

Enquire re getting Thai TV, any of the satellite providers will help you...a dish and receiver installed should be less than $400.

Edited by aussiecollin

Hi

Why anyone would marry one is beyond me, they are for pleasure only, why give half your wealth away for no reason, cash is king, we have they dont, its for money. Before anyone jump's in, the Thais with money are on a different rung of the ladder to the sad sex pests that come here, Thais with money would not acknowledge a bar girl, as she is on the lowest rung of the ladder. The majority of Ex Pats that come here have not or cannot get away from the bar scene, this is their down fall.

Edited by alina

I can give you a copy of my Thai wedding video to watch...that'll soon put you off...

Oh yeah as Dave says spend time with her, she may have nasty habits and dare I say it, other guys on the firm.

I would agree you should spend time at least 6 month. In my experience Thai gal are wonderful in the beginning and as time goes on the true nature becomes more obvious and especially if they hear no more from you like no more money, no more shopping, no more……. So do yourself a favor and don’t rush into marring. If you do make sure you have way back line prenuptial agreement, etc.

5 years later now, I wonder if they are still together

I don't know about them but after knowing my wife for 17 years, married for 10 years and a 6 year old son, the last time I looked (this morning) we were still married. :whistling:

Edited by billd766

Hi

Why anyone would marry one is beyond me, they are for pleasure only, why give half your wealth away for no reason, cash is king, we have they dont, its for money. Before anyone jump's in, the Thais with money are on a different rung of the ladder to the sad sex pests that come here, Thais with money would not acknowledge a bar girl, as she is on the lowest rung of the ladder. The majority of Ex Pats that come here have not or cannot get away from the bar scene, this is their down fall.

So that's where I went wrong all those years ago.

I didn't know that I should have gone up market, flaunted my expat wealth and found myself a nice hi so girl.

:rolleyes:

What ever he's going to pay is probably not all that bad. People who think a dowry is not important are just being cheap. If you want to know what a pay out is really like, don't marry a rural Thai farm girl; marry a middle class Chinese girl. You'll really feel the hurt in your wallet then. :o

Total and utter <deleted> mate.

I married a middle class Chinese girl. Born in Bangkok and educated at Chula with a graduate degree.

There was no dowry, it was never ever mentioned. Not only that, but her parents insisted on and paid for the hotel reception, which cost over 100K Thai baht.

From what I've seen from other farangs, the dowry is usually insisted upon from the poorer familes, especially Issan where the family fully intend to keep the entire sum. Thai ladies divorced with kids and have been abandoned by some Thai guy still manage to get the dopey farang to pay a dowry. Good luck to the familes if farangs are this dumb!

As for the op, why don't YOU insist on paying for the wedding. Go along with the dowry for show BUT you will get back every last baht once the wedding is over. I think that's a more than fair compromise. If the family want to keep the money, then the girl's a whore, being sold by her family. :)

Edited by embrace

• 2 months later...

Hi

Amen

Hi

Amen

This is something I would never do, I strongly believe that there is no love in this country only you have good heart for me!!! and that means it is all for the money to send home, I am not wealthy so I can not afford to support my GF's family which means it is inevitable I will be single in the near furure. also it is all about pressure my Gf works with other girls that have rich Bf''s they have a lot of money my Gf does not, so any money I do give her is spent impressing her friends!!!

Edited by kenny999

Do the Village Wedding NOT the Amphur . Its basically an engagement ceremony rather than wedding ceremony . It can still involve monks for a blessing, a dowry can be passed in front of the villagers (all for show), you can possibly get it back ,all of it , it depends on the parents.

Live with her when you can , either here or in Oz, TAKE YOUR TIME.

If all is well after a year or 2 , Marry her at the Amphur (Local Government Office).

Do what you would normally do in a western relationship but respect her culture also .

Ive been village married for 6 years, I paid a 66,000 bht dowry (not returned but ok with me )

She or her family have never asked for anything from me but when I can if they need something like a hot water shower, I buy it , I dont throw my money away at anyone , why would I do it here.

I am about to marry for real at the Amphur, so it can work , just TAKE YOUR TIME.

GOOD LUCK.