Where Is Best Sarea Of Samui Phangan For Business/bar

hi,

ive been hunting for a bar now around samui phangan area,,i had one in pattaya but dont want go back there...ive never been to samui area before...is had rinn only ever busy when they have the full moon party? how many months hi season on had rin ? the bar on had rin is near beach and i think would be an ideal buy for me,,,,but would samui lamai be better/busier at least,,i would like to hear your thoughts from all you guys living down there who know the score,,any replies would be much appreciated ,,,thanks....also i know a few of you will probably say to me that i need to get down there and see for myself,yes thats true of course but i just want to know first where would be the best location to buy so as i can narrow my search,,if phangan isnt busy most of the yr then i will concentrate more on lamai,chewang etc...cheers

For my nine years experience in Haad Rin business, don't buy a bar here (or everywhere).During the years a lot of bars open and disappear in so short time I don't remember them all. You must consider than around full moon Haad Rin is pretty busy all year round, but also some 100 bucket bars open too, charging as low as 150 baht for a poisonous mix of maekong and coke, a best seller with the young swedish-english crowd stay in Haad Rin in that days.

Talking of restaurants, nearly the same as for bars, a lot of new places open and close quickly, as a over-offer of empty shops always attract some new farang looking for an easy-life-tropical-island-business.

If you really are interested to some business, check a month or so on site, talk with as many residents as possible, choose a place can show you a real accounting, showing thew montly expenses and the real profit, understanding that lease a good place it will cost you some million baht.

Ah, check also the lenght of rent left. (years)

In my un-professional opinion, if you have the money to invest properly and weather out slow periods you could do OK. If money will be tight, find something else to do.

That said, just drove by Choeng Mon an hour or so ago. The area is expanding but only one bar on that strip so far.

In my un-professional opinion, if you have the money to invest properly and weather out slow periods you could do OK. If money will be tight, find something else to do.

That said, just drove by Choeng Mon an hour or so ago. The area is expanding but only one bar on that strip so far.

And that's always empty and the food is crap. :D Just my opinion though having had the " pleasure "ONCE. :)

Also the poster from KPG said some bars charge as LITTLE as 150 baht for a Mekong and coke. Did you not mean as MUCH as ? 150 baht is expensive! IMO :D

A good bar run well with a good host will always make money. Give customers good service, pleasant surroundings and decent, value for money food and you have cracked it :D

Here's a business plan.

1. Buy a cheap bar.

2. Fill it with your friends.

3. Let them drink for FamilyMart prices.

4. Sell the bar to some tourist that have meet his love of the life. ("the bar is packed with people, I cannot loose.")

5. Go to step 1.

Edited by PoorSucker

Also the poster from KPG said some bars charge as LITTLE as 150 baht for a Mekong and coke. Did you not mean as MUCH as ? 150 baht is expensive! IMO

We talk about a bucket of Maekong and coke, not a glass!

Anyone who buys a Bar on Samui needs their head tested...

I second this, if buying a bar for your own personal enjoyment, with it's cheap beer and constant flow of 'friends' and if you are prepared to PAY for the pleasure of owning a bar then go for it.

The rest of us would just like to know when/if you buy a bar and how well it does.

I used to own a bar on Koh Chang so I have a minimal amount of knowledge, of course it's not the same as 'down south', however, the principles are the same, there is a bar for sale because it's not doing well enough to continue operating...

There's fun to be had without a doubt :)

you can but a bar in lamai for as little as 50 K ! .......

i had a friend who bought a bar for 1.7 million , maybe another 350 k on referb and is now for sale at 350 K , but no one wants to buy

To you really want everywhere, on every beach bars?

If you're referring to my Choeng Mon suggestion, the road is about 100m or so from the beach.

In general, I have nothing against beach bars. I'm not one of those old time hippies who thinks boiling water to drink and crapping behind a bush is paradise. I like having a nice place to relax and have something to eat & drink (and, yes, a toilet). Now, what I don't care for are the beach bars that play that pounding bass-heavy music. Nothing relaxing about that and EVERYONE within 50m has to listen to it. It reminds me of that saying about how your rights end where someone else's begin. That said, I think the most successful bars on Chaweng Beach play that stuff (Ark Bar?).

Anyone interested in a Bar-TimeShare.

Own a bar for a month every year.

All the girls wanna hang with you because your a bar owner.

Only 50K / share.

PM me quickly, only 3 shares left.

you may joke about this, but the bar in Surin , Phuket ( sorry cannot remember the name ) is exaclty this

20 owners bought in, all receive shares on any profit made, and get beer at the cheapest rate :)

Anyone interested in a Bar-TimeShare.

Own a bar for a month every year.

All the girls wanna hang with you because your a bar owner.

Only 50K / share.

PM me quickly, only 3 shares left.

I'll ride a motorbike up and down Chaweng's beach road selling those shares for you if you can get me a work permit.

I'll ride a motorbike up and down Chaweng's beach road selling those shares for you if you can get me a work permit.

what would see scratch card prizes be those?? hmm

1) A bottle of Chang

2) A free game of Pool

3) T - Shirt

4) A Cap

5) A Packet of L and M

and 6 ) the star prize which everyone wins is ...............................................................

To you really want everywhere, on every beach bars?

If you're referring to my Choeng Mon suggestion, the road is about 100m or so from the beach.

In general, I have nothing against beach bars. I'm not one of those old time hippies who thinks boiling water to drink and crapping behind a bush is paradise. I like having a nice place to relax and have something to eat & drink (and, yes, a toilet). Now, what I don't care for are the beach bars that play that pounding bass-heavy music. Nothing relaxing about that and EVERYONE within 50m has to listen to it. It reminds me of that saying about how your rights end where someone else's begin. That said, I think the most successful bars on Chaweng Beach play that stuff (Ark Bar?).

I mean, there are already a lot of bars at many different locations. Someone said on Lamai 129 for instance. Before there was not a single bar at Baan Rak. Now there are, don't know, maybe 25? If you live at Choeng Mon, that would not be too far to go to, if you like bars.

ok it seems lamai /pagnang is out of the equation now,,,,some people such as msignh say samui isnt worth a look in either,,,,,,begs the qustion,,,where would you buy a bar in thailand/busiest location etc etc etc?????????

ok it seems lamai /pagnang is out of the equation now,,,,some people such as msignh say samui isnt worth a look in either,,,,,,begs the qustion,,,where would you buy a bar in thailand/busiest location etc etc etc?????????

The bank, a bar of gold.