Trialling For A Thai Premier League Side?

smiljanic

Hi everybody,

I've been thinking about possible inroads into Thailand in terms of work etc, and have realised that it will be quite difficult for me to get a job there (with the help of forum users) because my two qualifications relate to 'protected' industries: Law & Accounting.

However, I've been thinking maybe I could trial for a football club there. I'm by no means the world's greatest player, but I play here in Australia in the Victorian Premier League, which is semi-professional. I don't take it too seriously, because it is always treated as secondary to work.

A lot of players from this league have directly transferred to the premier leagues in Malaysia, Singapore etc, as well as Australia's 'A-League'.

I was just wondering if anybody has information on how to actually trial with a club, and whether it would be worth my while.

I'm 22 years old and have played in the VPL (previously VPL U20s) for the last 6 years. I also had trials with a couple of English clubs when I was 14-15, but nothing came to fruition.

Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some Africans in the Thai Premier League, and even a white man with an English name once, so it's possible. It's actually considered semi-professional, as well, so you may be good enough to warrant a contract. However, I think the pay is quite low, actually. Monthly salary might be along the lines of an English teacher, really. I know some people that may know some people that may some people that could get you a tryout. Not sure, though.

sorry, about your protected career thingy - i know about 10 farang guys that are either lawyers or accountants and work for big firms.

perhaps just a title thing?

maybe you can ask peter reid if you can assist him with the Thai team?