Had A Tooth Pulled In Bangkok

I had a tooth pulled in Bangkok and they left part of the root still in. It's deep. Is this going to cause a problem in the future. Will it get infected? Should I go back to the dentist and get my money back? I went the a hospital and they took and x-ray and showed me this. They gave me the x-ray.

Is this a problem or should I start making thousands of flyers about this and hand them out in front of this dentist office. Is this legal here? I believe they should have to pay for my new surgery that they screwed up along with paying me back for their first mistakes. I think the root is close if not attached to my jaw bone. The hospital wanted me to do the surgery in the next 2 days.

any thanks for listening to my problems

Dan

Please give me some advice

Sorry no idea in your case..

I had a tooth pulled in the UK some years back 4th tooth on the lower right.

Here 5 years ago decided to have some bridge work to fill some of the gaps in my mouth, 9 crowns and 3 bridges.. earlier this year started to get pain and went to see my dentist..

The outcome was the tooth pulled in the UK had started to grow and a small point had come through the gum so when eating the crown on that bridge was pushing on this. The dentist drilled the point off, X-ray showed the broken root was in fine order, bridge was refitted and so all is fine. My dentist said it is fine and no problem in leaving it there

My own thoughts would be that if the root is fine, then leave it there but I am not a dentist

The term root is misleading. People thnk that roots are soft tissue that easily comes out, sort of like the roots of a plant. A root includes the part of the tooth that is imbedded into the bone. In some cases, there is no need to pull out the entire lower portion of the tooth (root) and a tip can be left behind. In other cases, the patient has more roots than are "normal".

Each case is judged on its merits. Yanking the entire adult tooth (the root extraction) means that the oral surgeon sometimes has to dig into the gum tissue and carve out some of the retaining bone. The result is that you have a hole that can in turn become infected or cause additional complications. Leaving a root in can be justified if there is a fear that the ensuing complications are not worth it. As well, it depends on where that root is located. Would I be correct in saying the tooth in question is in your lower teeth? The roots in some people can be very close to the nerves that control the lips and tongue. One mistake on an overlapping root and the patient can become paralyzed. Given the choice of turning a patient into a drooler or one that cannot speak properly or swallow and excavating the root, some cautious oral surgeons prefer to leave the root tips alone.

Edited by geriatrickid

The term root is misleading. People thnk that roots are soft tissue that easily comes out, sort of like the roots of a plant. A root includes the part of the tooth that is imbedded into the bone. In some cases, there is no need to pull out the entire lower portion of the tooth (root) and a tip can be left behind. In other cases, the patient has more roots than are "normal".

Each case is judged on its merits. Yanking the entire adult tooth (the root extraction) means that the oral surgeon sometimes has to dig into the gum tissue and carve out some of the retaining bone. The result is that you have a hole that can in turn become infected or cause additional complications. Leaving a root in can be justified if there is a fear that the ensuing complications are not worth it. As well, it depends on where that root is located. Would I be correct in saying the tooth in question is in your lower teeth? The roots in some people can be very close to the nerves that control the lips and tongue. One mistake on an overlapping root and the patient can become paralyzed. Given the choice of turning a patient into a drooler or one that cannot speak properly or swallow and excavating the root, some cautious oral surgeons prefer to leave the root tips alone.

I had no idea it was so risky to operate on or around teeth roots. Thanks for the info. For some reason more than any other medical field I've found a very large skill range among dentists. If you find a good one it's worth it to hang on to them even if it involves travel.