Proof Of Income For Type O Visa-options

To get the type O visa on the basis of having a Thai child I believe you need B40,000 per month from either parent.

Would simply having the funds sent every month from U.K. be sufficient for the British embassy to give me a confirmation letter?

Alternatively, what proof would my wife need to show? Probably paying income tax on B40,000 per month. Does this mean that we would have to wait until the end of this year to pay her taxes or can she register a business now and delare that she earns B40,000 per month?

Please advise.

Your wife can get a monthly tax receipt from the Tax Office.

Your money is fine, just go to the Embassy and get a letter confirming +40,000 baht per month.

Others in here will give you more advice

Your wife can get a monthly tax receipt from the Tax Office.

Your money is fine, just go to the Embassy and get a letter confirming +40,000 baht per month.

Others in here will give you more advice

Sounds good, but do I need to show the money coming over for several months first or just the first time? If the original source of the money is from my family and not through salary or inverstment is that ok too?

That should be read as the parent who applies for the extension should have an income of 40,000 a month or 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount! But If you are living with your Thai wife they will extnd your permission to stay based on living wih your wife. The foreign husband then has to show the income or money in the bank. Teh Thai wife's income or wealth isn't relevant.

It is income that is required, evidence of transfering money isn't the same as having income. The embassy decides what they accept as proof of income to issue a letter.

I got a letter from my employer, stating that I received 40,000baht per month, then took this to the embassy and told them how I would like the letter worded. Paid and picked it up the next day.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a related query. How long before our extension can we get the proof of income letter from our embassy? Does Immigration in Bangkok have a maximum validity time for the letter?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a related query. How long before our extension can we get the proof of income letter from our embassy? Does Immigration in Bangkok have a maximum validity time for the letter?

You have to get a new letter every year, bt I'm not sure how old the letter can be. Suggest contacting your embassy or your immigration office.

I didn't know the 400,000 in the bank was still an option. If it is, how long does the money need to stay in the account?

it is back since Nov. 2008. it has to be there for 2 months, some offices want it to be there for 3 months.

This is from 2.18 of police order. (5) is for a single parent and (6) is for marriage.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

In other necessary circumstances, The Immigration Commissioner or Deputy of Immigration Commissioner may approve on case to case basis.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

The rules change quickly enough here

The income is your income only. Last year I used my wife's income and mine, and stupidly forgot the Tax documents for my wife, luckily enough we had enough time to go to the Tax office and get everything sorted.

This years extension will be the Embassy letter confirming my Income of over 40,000baht.