Harleys And Scooters

bkkbound04

If you have never ridden a bike in the west I'd strongly advise against becoming a born again biker here.. Do it back in the UK where the odds against b-a-bikers are still high but you'd get better medical treatment.. :o

I learned how to drive a motorcycle while living in Thailand. Of course there is no way I could ever drive one in the "West" unless I wanted to donate a small fortune in fines to the local government for traffic violations.

Parts can still be a problem for domestic bikes:, it's taking over ten days just to get a front tire for a CBR150 from a big dealership, so how long does it take to get the RIGHT part for a Harley, esp. if it's cobbled up from various models? 

You can get almost any Harley part over the counter in BKK (poss. Pattaya and Phuket too).

Parts for my Honda 400 would take around two weeks.

Parts can still be a problem for domestic bikes:, it's taking over ten days just to get a front tire for a CBR150 from a big dealership, so how long does it take to get the RIGHT part for a Harley, esp. if it's cobbled up from various models? 

You can get almost any Harley part over the counter in BKK (poss. Pattaya and Phuket too).

Parts for my Honda 400 would take around two weeks.

very true :o

i am a biker myself and i think that BKK ia a great place to ride .. if u love to beat the lights and the traffic laws are self made... i was reading down the thread and notice that some of the bike prices are outragerous ... i do export of bikes and parts to Indonesia and India , i was wondering if i can get bikes with proper papers to be registered in Thailand. Anyone can help me with it ? ... If anyone need any bike parts or accessories pls PM me .. i am coming to BKK in March to bring in some stuff ... hope to meet up with local bikers and make some contacts ..

PS: Anyone saw any bikes like RD350 .. 4LO .. 31K .. in BKK ... i have these bikes and will love to meet up with fellow Elsie riders .

Ride Safe ... When in doubt just open........... :o