Evaluate My Photo

lifeincnx

Grandmother for sure, no focus on background, not a clear shot of the child, timing was a bit off with the movement of grandmother arms.

Aimed to not have the background in focus (go for the bokeh with 24mm @f/4). You are right on the timing as I unfortunatley was set for single shot. I was in a moving boat too so there is some noise going on as well.

What is noisy? backgroung out of focus? Just curious

Noise was present as I was moving as well in another boat. Regarding the background, I wanted it out of focus (bokeh was hit at 24mm f/4 in this case). Bokeh is different from sharpness. Sharpness is what happens at the point of best focus. Bokeh is what happens away from the point of best focus.

Good shot but very "noisy" eh?

Maybe a tadge oversharpened as well?

Like the way the baby is peeking underneath

Noisy for sure as I was moving as well in another boat. I'll give another try with the ol' unsharp filter. Thanks.

Good shot but very "noisy" eh?

Maybe a tadge oversharpened as well?

Like the way the baby is peeking underneath

Completely eliminated the unsharp filter in this version. There's still some noise (woman's cheek or does she just have incredibly large pores?wink.gif. Somewhat better, you think?

Still too noisy. It's basically under exposed by about 2/3rds of a stop. This in itself will induce noise in the darker areas. Movement (as in another boat) has no relevance to noise.

I ALWAYS over expose by 1/3rd of a stop, address the exposure in (say) Photoshop and the noise dissapears.

Have a look at this link for an explanation - http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/nonoise/index_en.htm

Still a tadge over sharpened - I set my sharpening to zero in the camera, and use PK Sharpener for the finished product. Brilliant peice of software when you use it correctly.

I don't think noise comes from motion, unless your camera compensates with a higher iso to increase shutter speed.

The noise is still heavy in the second image.

I like the separation from the background. I like the kid peeking out under grandma's arm. I like the sense of action and I like the crop and the exposure.

I would put in on the wall. It is a real Thai scene.

Still too noisy. It's basically under exposed by about 2/3rds of a stop. This in itself will induce noise in the darker areas. Movement (as in another boat) has no relevance to noise.

I ALWAYS over expose by 1/3rd of a stop, address the exposure in (say) Photoshop and the noise dissapears.

Have a look at this link for an explanation - http://www.guillermoluijk.com/article/nonoise/index_en.htm

Still a tadge over sharpened - I set my sharpening to zero in the camera, and use PK Sharpener for the finished product. Brilliant peice of software when you use it correctly.

Excellent link. Thank you.