Introduce Yourself Here

Hi Everyone,

I'm Julien, french software developer. I came in Thailand 4 years ago, at first for 6 months but finally I never left :-)

I bought a Panasonic GF1 few months ago and I finally sold it back for a Canon 60D.

Enthusiast photographer, I keep enjoying seeing and re-seeing places with my camera.

My website is available here: http://juliencarminati.zenfolio.com

Cheers,

Julien

Hey guys and gals,

Moved to Phuket a few weeks ago, got a nice condo now in Kalim Bay. Just spent two years in Africa and not sure how long i will spend in SEAsia, but Phuket will be my base, prob for about a year, will see how it goes.....

I shoot with a 5D with a bunch of lenses and some speedlites, although im often seen wandering around at night with my 50mm f/1.4 just shooting whatever is going on down town in Patong.

I have a website, www.hartwright.me that i recently migrated to photoshelter so im having 'fun' uploading and creating new galleries when im sitting at my desk, and i have a facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/danhartwright I also have a stack of memory cards to go through and thousands of images from Africa still to review. Yes i prefer to go out and take more exposures, or have a few beers than spend time editing and uploading :D

I use Lightroom and DXO Pro for most of my image editing on my Mac, i have mostly stopped using Photoshop CS5 unless an image really needs it, but if it needs it that much its probably best to ditch the image or shoot it again. I can work so much faster in Lightroom it was a revelation to get it. Took a while to learn but Scott Kelbys lightroom book downloaded to my iPad and one long haul flight later and im good.

Im colour blind, so i use that as my excuse for my high proportion of heavy contrast black and white imagery and over saturated landscapes :) that and im creating art right? not an accurate representation of what we actually see?

Not sure if anyone else here is in Phuket but would be good to meet up for a beer and a chat anytime. I dont do much between 8am and 4pm, in what Bryan Peterson describes as 'pool side light' why? because thats the best place to be between those hours as the lights no good for exposures :D

Cheers

Dan

Hey guys and gals,

<sinp>

I'm colour blind, so I use that as my excuse for my high proportion of heavy contrast black and white imagery and over saturated landscapes :) that and im creating art right? not an accurate representation of what we actually see?

Cheers

Dan

Welcome to ThaiVisaDotCom and I thank you for your (in bold) comment.

Now we know.

Thanking you,

Kanchanaburi Win :wai:

Lol, no probs - being colour blind is a great excuse for many things - electrocuting yourself when wiring things up, getting out of doing my art homework when I was at school, wearing purple and green at the same time and over saturated exposures :D

Hello My name is Joe Casey. I'm from Washington DC most recently. Lived many places, raised in an Army family. I'v been in Thailand for the past four years. Worked as a filmmaker in the DC area. Made over 100 films for the government and large corporations. I started out in the 60's as a still photographer. Worked in all areas, glamor, fashion, industrial, portrait and finally went to Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara to study film making. Spent lots of time sailing the Atlantic and Pacific oceans in between.

I am just a pitiful snapshooter with nervous fingers and a 2.990 Baht Sony S2000 camera, which nevertheless created around 8000 pics from Taiwan to Sumatra, from Mandalay to Bantayan, from Chengdu to Sandakan, from Mae Hong Son to Sumbawa Besar, from Luang Phrabang to Pulau Tioman.....

:jap:

Oh, did I mention: I like to travel :rolleyes:

Lol, no probs - being colour blind is a great excuse for many things - electrocuting yourself when wiring things up, getting out of doing my art homework when I was at school, wearing purple and green at the same time and over saturated exposures :D

I'm also colour blind, Dan. I can tell lots of funny stories that you would probably relate to. It really curtailed my interest in realistic painting. I can manage, but just barely. But, I'm at a loss when trying to match proper colours in the border shades such as muted greens.